Game Day GDT F.O.F Part one: A heaven and hell showdown Vs St. Kilda MCG @ 16:35 AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange weather and a strange starting time.

Going to watch this from home

Bizzare timing for the curtain raiser. Finished at 1.15 and main game not til 4.30, why not have it a little closer to back to back? Give the young players the chamce at least playing in front of a reasonable crowd.

On top of that, is Tom Morris the most smug, pretentious looking germ getting around?

Hope a crowd around 40k today and see the dees get that contested game up and going, and our tall forwards to run wild.

Dees by 25

I never thought we'd make finals last year, let alone win two in prime time against teams that have played in September every year bar one or two since we were coached by Daniher. I'm worried about today, purely due to the fact that we've picked a slow team on a big ground against a team that likes scoring heavily against us. If Stretch had to come out for Lewis, I don't understand why we wouldn't bring in Garlett for Spargo and park him at Preuss' feet. Goodwin has definitely earned some grace due to last year, but some of his decisions puzzle me. He's ruthless with some players, and coddles others.

Yep. The Stretch decision annoys me too. I would like to think that he’s saving him and Garlett etc., and that we’ll see their names as inclusions for the Richmond game, but I know I’d only be kidding myself.

It seems Goodwin has a type. He wants to enforce a Melbourne ‘brand’ and if you’re not a contested ball winning beast, you don’t get much of a look in.

Good teams simply win this sort of match, no matter how ugly. I hope we are a good team 😣. Someone said it earlier, but it has an eerie feel to round 1. A 'should win' game on a warmish day vs a confident, quick and fit bogey team. Saints have always managed to play their best games vs us over the years. We turn Membrey into Wayne Carey almost every time too.
Riewoldt used to absolutely destroy us. Just watching some vision of GWS v Fremantle pre game and some highlighted points were the outside player. Melbourne PLEASE TAKE NOTE. Josh Kelly and Brad Hill making a habit of staying out in space and providing good outside run.

I certainly hope today we can focus on that aspect of the game. It’s a major deficiency that we need to address.

Bizzare timing for the curtain raiser. Finished at 1.15 and main game not til 4.30, why not have it a little closer to back to back? Give the young players the chamce at least playing in front of a reasonable crowd.
It was televised on Fox, so needed to be done for the GWS game. They used to do the same thing with the Foxtel Cup years ago, tucked it in a time slot that worked, even tho it was hours until the main game.

No late changes means we’re fielding a massive forward line for an MCG game in hot weather. Got a horrible feeling the ball is just going to fly out of our forward 50 like it does at the ‘G so often.

Need to absolutely dominate around the ball and stick some marks inside 50 to win this one.

It was televised on Fox, so needed to be done for the GWS game. They used to do the same thing with the Foxtel Cup years ago, tucked it in a time slot that worked, even tho it was hours until the main game.
Got ya, that does make sense as to why.

Still, surely there could have been a smarter scheduling and could have allowed fox to showcase the "double header".

For the record, I played preface before a showdown going back about 13 years. Was playing for glenelg vs sturt and it was pretty empty by the time kick off started, yet half way through last quarter the ground was nearly packed. It was a memory I'll never forget. Especially port supporters offering me some friendly advice :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got ya, that does make sense as to why.

Still, surely there could have been a smarter scheduling and could have allowed fox to showcase the "double header".

For the record, I played preface before a showdown going back about 13 years. Was playing for glenelg vs sturt and it was pretty empty by the time kick off started, yet half way through last quarter the ground was nearly packed. It was a memory I'll never forget. Especially port supporters offering me some friendly advice :/
Wow that would have been something! I've been in plenty of curtain raisers at the Gabba and Metricon, including the early 2000's when the Gabba used to be packed. Same case thing, the start of the game was always quiet, and then the ground would fill up, and a pretty ok crowd would build up a decent atmosphere towards the end of the game.

Ahhh, Kent still loves us.

Well, yay for us lobbing it into the forward line and slotting the first goal, but the Saints are moving the ball around really, really easily.

How beteasy didnt have Pruess as 1 of the options for first scorer is a laugh. Easiest money ive ever made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back