Game Day Geelong V Essendon - The Scott Cup - Sat 15th July 725pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So while we should celebrate the game I want to highlight something I have been banging on about (with some support from others on this board)….the sub..

How much evidence do we need to show that it doesn’t work with inexperienced or non impact players. Not potting Mullin but 1 possession. Dempsey, Bowes, Knevitt, Whyte and others just frankly doesnt work as a sub. Only ones this year have been Rohan and O Henry and I am sure players like 2E and other senior players would…

In the end it doesnt matter (I am sure Oisin and Dempsey etc would say they got great experience out of it) but I am worried that it might impact confidence? I don’t want them thinking they can dominate VFL but not AFL when maybe it is partly due to not being able to cope with coming on at 3 qtr time and get into the pace of the game

I watched Oisin this week (like I did Dempsey Last) and it wasnt as if he didn’t run to good spots and put huge effort in (and Oisin was unlucky not to mark and goal) but I think when intensity is out of the game it is hard for a new player to come on and impact.

Ok…i will get off my high horse now…

Cats did all they needed tonight and this could be the start of something special

Take it here

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back