Preview Geelong V Essendon - The Scott Cup - Sat 15th July 725pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon the intrusion, but what are the chances of Mullin being the sub?

That's really hard to say. Our sub could be one of three or four players. On one hand, Chris Scott is clearly anxious to give Mullin some game time to fast-track his development. On the other, he obviously only played last week so that all three Irishmen would be there for Tuohy's milestone game.

Where Essendon would be most likely to get us would be their pace, run, and quick transitions.

A cold blustery wet evening probably negates those advantages.

I think we should be favourites, and (barring some catastrophe where lose like 2-3 players during the game) should be disappointed with anything other than a win.

Pardon the intrusion, but what are the chances of Mullin being the sub?
I need him as a 'red dot' in Fantasy to take the 142 points from Bont last night as VC. Also gives me the 95 from Harry Cunningham...
My guess is he'd be most likely.

Of the listed emergencies, you wouldn't think it would be Esava; Dempsey has played a lot as sub, so my guess is they'd want a full game of VFL from him; Tuohy is the other option, they've gone down this route before where 'managing' a player and making them sub, so it's a possibility. But I'd guess they may just give him the week off.

After his performance against hawk last week ...just how much would Ess offer McKay at years end to cross over. If the keep both their FA's and bring McKay ,they are becoming a strong side.

North probably would not mind ..get Band 1 comp. Pick 3 .. They could either keep 2 and 3 take them to the draft or trade the picks. How much would GoldCaost give to jump ahead of the Jed Walter bid?

McKay was impressive in that loss. Hawk had a dirty day but McKay played well.

Ess is on the verge of being a big time side again. It might have been 30 years since we played Ess down here excluding covid years .... but pretty good chance from next year on we play them at only at the G.

Can Hawk find some form again ..he looked very good against Ess at the G.. be happy if he could give us 3 or 4. If he is the difference again, it will probably make Ess even more interested in MCKay.

I've tipped a Melb loss. They aren't travelling particularly well, lions are. There is the MCG factor, but Lions got it done over Melb when it mattered last year and are chasing hard to catch the top 2 so they can get a potential home QF and PF.
Yep- and fritsch and Oliver big outs. I tipped dees but think I will change it. ( although changing tips is usually a mistake lol).

That's really hard to say. Our sub could be one of three or four players. On one hand, Chris Scott is clearly anxious to give Mullin some game time to fast-track his development. On the other, he obviously only played last week so that all three Irishmen would be there for Tuohy's milestone game.
Thanks for your thoughts, but Tom Green out for the Giants gives me the red dot to take Bont's VC score. I'd still like to take Cunningham's 95 though...

My guess is he'd be most likely.

Of the listed emergencies, you wouldn't think it would be Esava; Dempsey has played a lot as sub, so my guess is they'd want a full game of VFL from him; Tuohy is the other option, they've gone down this route before where 'managing' a player and making them sub, so it's a possibility. But I'd guess they may just give him the week off.

I hope it is Oisin, but I wouldn't be so sure they won't persist with Sav. Only going by Chris Scott last week said we were playing with personnel who wouldn't ordinarily get a game, and proceeded to praise Esava. If there's any chance Cameron is still a bit wonky, or an injury cloud elsewhere, say Blics, you'd think he would provide the most flexibility. That's given Touhey needs a spell, debatable in itself.

We still control our destiny here.

If we are good enough and can get this done V the Bombers, it will be quite a shot across the bow of the Top 8 Simp Minds style....
"Dont you.... forget about me"

WE are still in this.

Lose and its a much harder proposition.

Jezza will be rusty but capable of dangerous things and them having no ruck should give Stanley the edge but he also likes to play up to the better opponents and down to the lesser ones..

Dons will be primed with something to prove. Cant let get sniff as they will run - need to be ready for the frontal ball carrier pressure they will bring.

We can do it - Smith , Kolo and Jezza are mighty ins - need to take all the chances we get.

GO Catters

Didn’t know where to post this. But Friday afternoon at work counting down to the weekend and then I get the insta ping from Geelong Cats

Some great photos but only rubbed in that their “work” is a lot more fun than mine!

The players going nuts when Gryan nails the shot is brilliant. And then looks like Dempsey nailed his shot to - pure joy

Again nothing like it where I work!!

EDIT: I think that is SDK behind Miers. Just looking at that group - what a future we might have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of the listed emergencies I think Tuohy offers the most flexibility but I suspect he and Esava are listed as there is a doubt over 1 or 2. Would love to know why Mitch Knevitt now appears to be on the outer. He got dropped the week after a strong game and has not been seen since. Dempsey is not ready for AFL and virtually playing a man down with him in the side at this stage. Assuming there are no late outs and club really wants to rest Tuohy and Esava leaves Mullin as the only option for sub.

Of the listed emergencies I think Tuohy offers the most flexibility but I suspect he and Esava are listed as there is a doubt over 1 or 2. Would love to know why Mitch Knevitt now appears to be on the outer. He got dropped the week after a strong game and has not been seen since. Dempsey is not ready for AFL and virtually playing a man down with him in the side at this stage. Assuming there are no late outs and club really wants to rest Tuohy and Esava leaves Mullin as the only option for sub.
By the length of the Randwick straight

The emergencies this week are simply the 4 guys who played last week but not this week - not sure there's much more to it than that. Plus, not sure too from last week's VFL match really put their hands up, even to be an emergency

As for Knevitt, he's possible a tad unlucky to have lost his spot & not sure he had done much wrong, but with the calibre of players returning it was going to be hard for him to retain his spot

Joels leadership is irreplaceable for sure.

But henry and bruhn have been very very good this year, bowes is handy, sav is decent depth and we have menegola to come back in at some stage. Plus clark next year. So i do think our depth is improved.
Our depth is improved, I agree. But our best 22/23 simply can't be better this year without the skipper. He really was that pivotal.

It's actually the key reason that I still have significant doubts whether we can be good enough to really contend in September. Put him back in the line-up (even with another year on the clock) and I'm far more likely to believe in our prospects from here.

#greatestevercat
#nodoubtinmymind

I wonder if Esava is really managed or they’re just trialling not having him in the side now we’re back to a full back line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean the best our defense has looked this season didn't have him in it. He has been good in matches this year, but realistically he is defensive depth incase SDK gets injured again.

Sanderson on SEN yesterday thinks Geelong have work rate issues as we haven’t won uncontested ball since round 9… Also added tackles and clearances are a worry. Mentioned our F50 count hasn’t exceeded 53 in the last 5 weeks. 53 inside 50’s is actually below the AFL average for inside 50’s. And he tipped the bombers…
Thoughts?

Sanderson on SEN yesterday thinks Geelong have work rate issues as we haven’t won uncontested ball since round 9… Also added tackles and clearances are a worry. Mentioned our F50 count hasn’t exceeded 53 in the last 5 weeks. 53 inside 50’s is actually below the AFL average for inside 50’s. And he tipped the bombers…
Thoughts?
Dont think you and he (Sando) are on the same page.

Look at Inside 50's.... for Cat v North.

we had 70 inside 50's which is what you referred to - might not be what he was referring to but the I50 number are wrong.
You say F50 count then refer to I50...

Either way, I50 is 70 last week - well over 53.

GO Catters

Dont think you and he (Sando) are on the same page.

Look at Inside 50's.... for Cat v North.

we had 70 inside 50's which is what you referred to - might not be what he was referring to but the I50 number are wrong.
You say F50 count then refer to I50...

Either way, I50 is 70 last week - well over 53.

GO Catters
Oh you still count that game as an AFL game? Seems Sando hasn’t counted that game … then on the same page with me! Haha but I tip the cats!

Oh you still count that game as an AFL game? Seems Sando hasn’t counted that game … then on the same page with me! Haha but I tip the cats!

Conversion rate is more important than inside 50 count

Who cares if you get it in there 80 times a match if it's only resulting in 10 shots on goal and the opposition is getting easy rebounds the remaining times

Do you think the Club is not aware of their own statistics? It's not some mystical revelation.
Sando is just another hack trying to remain relevant in the gene pool with Kane and Kingy.
At least King gets his data right.

Thoughts?
Our work-rate regarding tackling definitely has been an issue. I think it's largely due to the accumulative effect of our injuries, but we have looked disinterested across a few games the last 6 weeks: Freo, GWS, Port, 1st Half Sydney, 2nd Half North. Hopefully now with injured players having returned and played a few games + the cohesion that comes with that will allow the team to adhere to their structures better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back