Geelong vs Collingwood - 2011 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think big footy posters already have a name for the loser of this grand final.

----CHOKER-----

So who is going to Choke on the big day?

I personally wouldn't care...it will amusing to watch. :D

can't believe that all the bookies have the pies as favourites. will get on the cats at these odds
The bookies have a shitload of money tied up in Collingwood winning the flag, if we win, they'll lose quite a bit. They can't afford to have Collingwood's odds too high or more people will jump on and they'll lose even more money! So they'll be hoping people jump on the Cats enough just so they can be covered a bit.

But yes, of course Geelong are favourites based on a normal H2H. They should and probably will win.

The 2 best teams face off, which is the way it should be, and both have concerns.

The Cats have lose goal power in Menzel and probably Johnson, while the Pies have plenty of under done players, who will no doubt improve after a tough hard match last night.

The stories of the week will be Steve Johnson, Reid and Jolly, and whether they all will play or not.

This game will be tight, in a very similar vein to the round 8 game at the MCG.

Note that no side has kicked 10 goals against the Pies in 2 finals, so expect this to be low scoring as well.

There will be 12 points in it either way, it will be a tight, nail biting grand final, the way it should be.:)

Also, rain is forecast Thursday through Sunday, so it is likely to be slippery at best, although the best sporting ground in Australia holds up well under any conditions.

Wet = Better for Cats, due to their bigger bodies.

Pies worthy runner ups, Cats by 50 points. Dominating Inside 50s by 100%.

Cats have this bagged.

Next year, Pies to re-motivate themselves and hopefully a more injury free run towards the finals.

I think Collingwood would have to be the luckiest team in the AFL the last 2 years or so, 09 semi final and other close wins Adelaide handed to them, 10 Grand Final draw, 11 prelim. Hope Geelong beat them but we'll see.

Think Geelong will be too good in the end. 3 goals.

I don't think it matters to be honest, except for injuries and sore bodies.

The last 3 premieres (Pies, Cats and Hawks) had the easier prelim win.

So...Geelong vs Collingwood grand final?

Once again, those three weeks were absolutely pointless.

So two awesome, nail biting games in the finals series that could have gone either way and will remembered as classics were pointless?

This is why we all love footy and if you're too one eyed to appreciate how good some of the contests were this finals series were - just because the top 2 teams predictably made it, then you're an idiot.

I think Geelong will probably win but I'm unsure of how it will go. Not certain if it will be tight or a blowout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the look of that wet forecast so far.

Injuries will be significant. SJ for either Reid or Jolly would be a reasonable trade, If both are missing Geelong are well ahead on the injury count.

Collingwoods best would keep them favourites for me but as the weeks pass it seems like its just not happening for them, Cats by 4 goals, 6 without Jolly.

It seems I'm in the minority but I think Collingwood will win.
Geelong looked good today but West Coast did not come to play sadly.
It will depend on which Collingwood turns up I guess. The cats have been in better form but IMO Collingwood's best is better than Geelong's.

It will be fairly close but I think the pies will get up by about 20 points.

Gotta say I'm confident, even without sj! I still think our best is better than the pies and the fact that we have good match UPS.for cloke and dawes which they have become very reliant on, swings the.ledger in our favour.

Would love to see Big Footy if the Pies won. I think the site would self-implode.
Just because we know it's going to be another year of Pies fans ruining every damn thread on the main board.

I don't particularly care about Collingwood, up here in Brisbane you don't run into their fans so there isn't any reason to like or dislike them. Geelong on the other hand, with our recent history, I'd love to see cop a beating. But Collingwood fans here on Bigfooty have been obnoxious enough for the last year to make me actually want Geelong to win next week.

Re: Collingwood v. Geelong - 2011 Grand Final

I just hope Collingwood are competitive, I hate blow outs.
I think Collingwood's best is better, but Geelong's current form is better. I think last nights tough Preliminary Final is better preparation than the very soft Preliminary Final today, particularly following a bye and two soft matches prior to that as well. I think that will be the difference and Collingwood will run away in the last quarter to win by 30 points.
I reckon SJ will play...
Very unlikely. A 3-6 week injury usually, and with the type of player he is, a restriction of twisting and turning will have a definite impact on performance.
Not to get picky but it's actually Collingwood vs Geelong.
That's what I was thinking too. It's definitely Collingwood v. Geelong.

Should be a close game, will depend a lot on if Collingwood have that umpire guy to sub on again at 3/4 time. Master stroke that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back