No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting if Gunston gets a game next week. He was available for selection tonight, so it seems unlikely.

Last edited:

Two best sides from the season playing off in the GF. Lions have the better form line but Collingwood just know how to win close games, it’s at their home ground and the Lions just stink up the MCG. Any other ground and I’d tip the Lions but I think Pies will win. Just can’t trust the Lions to beat anyone at the G, let alone the Pies

Whose hoodoo is bigger? Pies in grand finals or lions at the MCG?

Both times with a very real chance to play like they are trying to lose next week. Would cap of this year being a very weak one for the top teams.
You’d have to say the Lions hoodoo as it affects this actual playing group. Most of the Collingwood side weren’t in the 2019 grand final and only Pendlebury was in 2011. Historical hoodoos from years past really shouldn’t have much impact. But this current Brisbane side stinks at the MCG

You’d have to say the Lions hoodoo as it affects this actual playing group. Most of the Collingwood side weren’t in the 2019 grand final and only Pendlebury was in 2011. Historical hoodoos from years past really shouldn’t have much impact. But this current Brisbane side stinks at the MCG
Pies GF hoodoo shouldn’t impact current group, yet they’ve been saying that for 70 years. 2 from 14. There’s something about the pressure that supporter group puts on them that results in a stink up.

Find it interesting he was well and truly on the Blues bandwagon considering he did play for the Lions albeit briefly. At least sit on the fence a bit. Wants to forget his time up there I rekon.
It was the height of his gambling days so understandably doesn’t want to remember much of his footy time up in QLD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The great thing about the pies is it seems to follow the club around more so than any particular team.

Since 1960 they’ve played in 16 grand finals for 2 wins, 2 draws and 12 losses.

It’s a bit like * and not winning finals. Replacing the whole team doesn’t change the fact they will still find a way to not win.

I know Brisbane has beaten the Pies twice this year, but I think I heard a bloke at work say it is about 6-7 in a row with most at the Gabba

Gives them confidence going in and that’s a good start
It’s the MCG that’s the main worry

They beat Melbourne in a final at the G last year. This ‘hoodoo’ is just media hype.

And I think you’ll find that none of the Collingwood side played in the 2019 grand final ;)

Find it interesting he was well and truly on the Blues bandwagon considering he did play for the Lions albeit briefly. At least sit on the fence a bit. Wants to forget his time up there I rekon.

He had an absolute s**t time in Brisbane. He got accused of flashing a woman at a footy clinic, had some clown who found all his mail take it to the media rather than take it to him, the Lions started really well then capitulated as the season went on, he was gambling hard and then got drunk in the valley at new years and got himself sacked. He also came into the club with a fair whack of fans hating him because his arrival made Bradshaw leave. I doubt he has any affinity for the Lions at all.

He had an absolute s**t time in Brisbane. He got accused of flashing a woman at a footy clinic, had some clown who found all his mail take it to the media rather than take it to him, the Lions started really well then capitulated as the season went on, he was gambling hard and then got drunk in the valley at new years and got himself sacked. He also came into the club with a fair whack of fans hating him because his arrival made Bradshaw leave. I doubt he has any affinity for the Lions at all.
They would definitely be his 2nd team and they did give him a 2nd chance when everybody else wiped their hands clean from memory. Was a shocking time for him agreed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back