No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one who watched that press conference and is convinced we are going to lose draft picks this year? For all the theorising about who we might take the rug might get pulled from under us and for what, no one has articulated how it should have been handled better and how that’s so egregious it requires such significant penalties

Am I the only one who watched that press conference and is convinced we are going to lose draft picks this year? For all the theorising about who we might take the rug might get pulled from under us and for what, no one has articulated how it should have been handled better and how that’s so egregious it requires such significant penalties
You are part of a select few we won't lose draft pics

Is this opinion or factually based?

*Not a shot, just asking
Gill has come out and said it in an interview prior to this press conference. Nothing has changed there will be a financial sanction for sure

Duke is currently top 10 AFL rated over the past few months ( almost ).
About aJDG 1/3 of the cost and 100% less off field risk and drama .
Will obviously get a well deserved contract increase .

JDG would want to be for his contract and the drama he has caused his club.

I know which I would prefer

It ain't one or the other, you could have both on the list you know.

JDG staying at the pies looking like a massive win for Collingwood at the moment, unless we believe his antics off field are the reason they're currently 10-1 instead of 11-0.

Out of curiosity one third of the cost ? Do you believe Jai will be on 250-300k a year ? That is an absolute steal I must say.

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever that we'd lose picks over this. Absolutely none.

There’s no precedent and ‘not covering up efficiently is the most insidious interpretation of ‘bringing game in into disrepute’
Their attempts to close it out suggest they don’t want to investigate at all

They’ll just get us in weak and sneaky ways, but would we even notice they do it anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s no precedent and ‘not covering up efficiently is the most insidious interpretation of ‘bringing game in into disrepute’
Their attempts to close it out suggest they don’t want to investigate at all

They’ll just get us in weak and sneaky ways, but would we even notice they do it anyway?
All the AFL did was cover their own arse. They did nothing for any party involved except say don’t speak to us, figure it out yourselves. Total waste of money and time; they are the ones who have caused the pain and anguish. If they were honest they could have simply said we cannot do anything, this needs to go to the legal system so you can all have your day in court and challenge your accusers. If they try to take draft picks I will get on a plane and protest outside AFL HQ that should only occur if we were trying to rort the system to gain an unfair advantage somehow. This will be a hefty fine and whilst I don’t think it is warranted, that is the most appropriate penalty.

I'd like to address the sensitive issue at hand. After reading the allegations, I have struggled to find clear instances of racism in the claims. While the situations described are indeed distressing, they appear to be events that could happen in various clubs involving different individuals over the years. It seems that race has not been explicitly mentioned, apart from the mention of intergenerational trauma.

It appears that there was an assumption that all the couples involved were indigenous Australians, leading to the assumption of a racism claim. However, it was revealed on a recent episode of 360 that one of the claimants is not an indigenous Australian.

Considering these factors, I don't believe the club has much to worry about, especially since they expressed on 360 that they are not interested in a financial settlement with the claimants. It seems that the media may have exaggerated and distorted the situation, turning it into something it is not.

1685570199725.png

I'd like to address the sensitive issue at hand. After reading the allegations, I have struggled to find clear instances of racism in the claims. While the situations described are indeed distressing, they appear to be events that could happen in various clubs involving different individuals over the years. It seems that race has not been explicitly mentioned, apart from the mention of intergenerational trauma.

It appears that there was an assumption that all the couples involved were indigenous Australians, leading to the assumption of a racism claim. However, it was revealed on a recent episode of 360 that one of the claimants is not an indigenous Australian.

Considering these factors, I don't believe the club has much to worry about, especially since they expressed on 360 that they are not interested in a financial settlement with the claimants. It seems that the media may have exaggerated and distorted the situation, turning it into something it is not.

View attachment 1701665

You'd be better posting this in the relevant thread rather than derail this one!

And Indigenous is with a capital I.

I don't believe the club has much to worry about, especially since they expressed on 360 that they are not interested in a financial settlement with the claimants
We’ve had three former employees, including our greatest ever coach, essentially labelled as racists and hung out to dry for the past 9 months, due to our incredibly flawed process.

Even if we don’t get sanctioned, I’d like to think that would concern most Hawks fans.

JGD has been given the same speech as Steveie J, he won't mess up again.
He is an absolute bull. Like you said, a quality player reaching the potential his contract requires.
Stevie J was given the speech, then a day later got booked going 140 in a 40 zone.
Should've been deregistered, and such speeds should've seen him lose his licence for years.

Got a good magistrate, so it was community service and a short license suspension, and the cats channelled their inner Dan Andrews, forgetting what they'd said about him having no more chances.

Getting booked is what changed him, not a club spray

Seriously gotta wonder whether these AFL talking heads even watch the footy these days. Stewart has been average this year but he seems to just get locked in based on reputation.

Fxf62SIacAAZNzr

Seriously gotta wonder whether these AFL talking heads even watch the footy these days. Stewart has been average this year but he seems to just get locked in based on reputation.

Fxf62SIacAAZNzr
Ed Richards as the Sub, he's clearly taking the piss!

Dusty as well - missed games and half the player he was. Just reinforces that so many award winners are based on how the media view you

Pushing hard atm for Bont and the Brownlow

Dusty as well - missed games and half the player he was. Just reinforces that so many award winners are based on how the media view you

Pushing hard atm for Bont and the Brownlow
This has become increasingly apparent. They have huge influence on awards and the MRP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back