Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at Pies fans losing their collective s**t at the thought of Ollie going to the draft.

Poor guy is going to cop the wrath of those ferals for the rest of his career for the audacity of fulfilling his contract and then asking to leave.

I just went on the Pies board and omg...they have gone completely nuclear now. Talk of letting him go for nothing, 'take a stand'...and then the truly crazy are saying 'tell him we'll redraft him.' F*ck at this point, Ollie's gonna need to get out 100,000+ AVO's for all these psychos lmao.

I know we were bad over the Clark trade, but I don't think the thought crossed anyone's mind to both let him go for nothing, AND give up another first for the same player. That's truly psychotic behaviour.

What's the chance the Esava trade gets done for Port's 33? I'd even send them 58 back.

So far I'd say we are winning trade week.

If we end up with 25+33, surely that would get it done for Henry, and they can send us 27 or 41 back. Alternatively 25+33 could be packaged to get a bit higher? And if Pies don't want that earlier pick, then we take it to draft if there is the extra list spot with Sav going (hopefully).
Depends on how many picks Pies are planning on taking to the draft

Exactly. I understand why the pies are frustrated but its cutting off your nose to spite your face. If we get him in the draft anyway they will look silly.
And what if a team like Hawthorn gets him at 24?

Lol at Pies fans losing their collective s**t at the thought of Ollie going to the draft.

Poor guy is going to cop the wrath of those ferals for the rest of his career for the audacity of fulfilling his contract and then asking to leave.
Hopefully he can return the favour and bury them with BOG performances each time the Cats play them

I have probably been the hardest pushing that.

If he can find his past form he will be fine... Still won't have much of an outside game.

If we gave him a 7 year deal, my head would probably explode though.

I said earlier on here that he wouldn't get a game for us this year on his form.

I watched Hopper + Bruhn very, very closely this year... Neither impressed me.

That's not to say that things can't change because Hopper was probably not fully fit and Bruhn was basically blacklisted from the middle of the ground.

Just purely going off what I saw this year with my own eyes.
You was not on your own, i think he will get back to his best next year, some players don't have good years after injury

Not if he has a 500K contract on his head and has said he'll leave after a year.

Seriously...this guy just regurgitates sh*t 24 hours a day

Imagine the thinking in the 'war room' (is that what they call it on Fox Footy?)

List manager: "Alright guys, we're on the clock, I really rate young Phillipou. He's been outstanding in our interviews, he ticks all the boxes, and I think we can all agree he's a 15 year player for us"

Random Intern: "Um....sir....What about Ollie Henry? He'll cost $500k and he'll only be here 1 year, but wouldn't it be funny to piss of 'Geelol' and their supporters?"

List manager: "Hadn't considered that, but you've sold me on that alone. Put the pick in, we're taking Oliver Henry"

I imagine this is how Matt Rendell's brain works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a downgrade on Tuohy.
Tuohy is 33 this off-season. Yes a good player, but hey, he is one injury away from all over senorita. I get the sentiments to keep him, so we can have one more crack at it, but let's face it, we got the Flag, and he's played over 100 games for us, so we can have Father Son dibs too ;)
This plus the Mckenna news today all points to it being the case
Where is that news?
So Collingwood are now saying pick 25 and 33 won’t get the Henry deal done. Seriously!!! Keep Sav and go to the draft, sounds like Collingwood don’t want to play him, don’t want to pay him, and don’t want to trade him. Nice, hope all players are watch this play out, what a crap club to deal with. It would be different if he was contracted.
If Henry goes back to them he is crazy, go to the trade and put a price/term you want and at least you will get paid what you want, might not be at Geelong however.
They might want 25+33 for Henry, it will give them a better draft hand and they will get T Mitchell. They might see Henry out for T Mitchell, plus a better draft hand as an overall win.

Jen going off again - and now they truly do know he's not coming back...they're losing all hope and resorting to Trumpian delusions mixed with psychotic behaviour after this news, lolll:

View attachment 1533209

Make no mistake, this is worse than the draft. When you tell your head coach 'do what you will, I'm done here', then it's game over.
A few people were raising this earlier...why does a 20 year old want out of a "Big 4" club 2 years after being drafted.

Don't normally go in for scuttlebutt (nor do I have any about this) but there seems to be more to Henry's request than just getting home which, as Wright himself said, "is only 50 mins down the road".

Well for the meat tray
Cats In - Henry, 41
Cats Out -25 Esava

Pies In - 25, 33
Pies out - Henry, 41

Port In - Esava
Port Out - 33
I think this could be very likely on the last day.

I think 31 will get T Mitchell done for them, and they can still go to draft with 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back