Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Club I think that could burn a High Pick on O Henry for a single season on those terms (possibly) is GWS. They have tonnes of early picks.

Then we will have to trade with them in a year's time.

For a club already known for losing players to homesickness, I doubt they want the optics of that yet again.

Hawthorn in - 7, 25, 27, 33
Collingwood in - 24, Mitchell
Geelong in - 6, Henry

My go at a three way, would make GW look like he’s had some sort of win. Obviously requires Esava out. Gives Hawks pick for the rebuild.
Hawks only get 33 for trading back from 6 and 24… to 7 and 25 not sure maybe.

Cats want a future second from port for Rat.. Hope we don't cave and give pies f1..
Unless we get both a future 2nd, future 3rd & future 4th, we can't trade our future 1st

Port also don't have a future 2nd they can trade - so kinda an impossible ask

I for one couldn’t think of anything worse than going to work every day with J***n D G**y.
Might be OK, when something goes wrong they'll automatically assume he did it.

Graham Wright, 7:31pm tomorrow, probably:

”Ollie made it clear he wasn’t willing to come back to the club so in the end we had to do the best for the Collingwood Football Club and make the best of the situation we could through a trade with Geelong.”
Is that after accepting pick 58 or whatever our last pick is?

Anyone think that Pies holding out on Henry has been more about them trying to get us to split 7 so they got access to Jhye Clark? Historically Wells might have entertained that approach to just get the Henry deal done, but this is where Mackie is adding a harder edge to our list management.

Collingwood are also looking for a new generation of leadership, and he is a Pies fan after all…. hope he doesn’t pull a Horne-Francis if we draft him!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just on this question of trading 7 back to GC for an upgrade to 5, I quote the AFL Rules

A Club may exchange a Draft selection which it has received from another Club, provided that the selection is not traded directly back to that Club.
Thanks for this

I know I'm a few hours and a s**t load of pages behind in reading, but I was going to ask the question which the above answers - much appreciated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, he did.

Yes, he wanted 2 and we offered 1.

Quite likely he'll stay, but the door is slightly ajar imo.
It's an ambit claim. Happens regularly in contract negotiations. He knows full well those toward the end of their careers are generally on year-to-year contracts. As if he'd spit the dummy over that matter anyway. He'll be in the Hoops in 2023. Maybe even 2024.

Having never bothered looking at another club’s board until this trade season, two things became apparent from visiting the Pies’ board. Most of them don’t have a clue about the rules relating to trades and drafting. All of them are stunned that a player could even think about leaving their great club voluntarily.

It's not even a rumour. Just speculation.

Pick 5 is in play, and with that came a suggestion that a player might be involved to complete the deal.

Quite naturally, people have speculated - in this thread naturally - about who that might be if it were to happen..... Menegola, Tuohy, who?

Tuohy's name came up given past speculation about a move north. Fair enough I reckon, especially in a thread about such things.

Nothing to get so bent up about I wouldn't have thought.

Even if I cared about pick 5 being in play (and I don’t at all), how does that even happen when we can’t give GC pick 7?

Having never bothered looking at another club’s board until this trade season, two things became apparent from visiting the Pies’ board. Most of them don’t have a clue about the rules relating to trades and drafting. All of them are stunned that a player could even think about leaving their great club voluntarily.
They are too used to their club pushing out players that actually wanted to stay.

Even if I cared about pick 5 being in play (and I don’t at all), how does that even happen when we can’t give GC pick 7?

That sort of conundrum is what we pay Mackie for.

I know you don't watch the boys play, but high draft picks give access to the best talent. That helps us stay competitive.

It'd be a coup if we landed it.

Maybe we're keeping pick 7 and also getting pick 5 so the two selections we take this draft are both top 10 selections

I’m excited for McKenna to hopefully come in but I’m not planning on his impact next year. He hasn’t played for two years so I’d think he’ll need a bit of time to adjust back into the game.
He’s only 26 so plenty of time if he’s happy to stay here, hopefully the Irish boys can make him feel at home.
Fitness won't be an issue, he's been playing full-time gaelic over there at a very high level.

But is there any truth on Mckenna coming to us in the last 24-48hrs? Because I can't find anything.

That sort of conundrum is what we pay Mackie for.

I know you don't watch the boys play, but high draft picks give access to the best talent. That helps us stay competitive.

It'd be a coup if we landed it.

Nice drive by.
I thought you were better than that.

So we get 5 and 7? Woo hoo!

Unless we get both a future 2nd, future 3rd & future 4th, we can't trade our future 1st

Port also don't have a future 2nd they can trade - so kinda an impossible ask

Port cant trade a fr2 so that would only work as a multi club trade agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back