Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, this is making an appearance here also, and probably getting more useful as the season draws to a close and this discussion ramps up

Yeah I don't mind him tbh.

Doesn't pretend to know any more than he does, doesn't brand himself as some oracle predicting what's going to happen (Hi Kingy).

Just an ex-footballer spitballing ideas. He's not hurting anybody, and doesn't act like his opinions are superior just because he played the game at the highest level.
and when you do listen to him, even he knows the trades he comes up with are mostly nonsense

Here are the top 10s from the National Combine for those interested:
Kolton Tholstrup even more impressive.
ZZ Top as well. Similar to a steeplechaser we selected awhiles back.
Biggest surprise for me... and pleasant is Kane McAuliffe from North Adelaide.
Big bastard that can run and jump... and get plenty of the pill.
Would take him in a heartbeat. Too under rated by a few in Vic.
All 3 will be around the 15-25 mark.
GET 2 WORK MACKIE.

He's an inoffensive harmless idiot, and his role on Trade Radio is to come up with ridiculous mega trades than then do exactly what they have here... get people talking and reacting to it, and it fills a content slot for Hutchy
And he does it all for a box of Cheezels or pack of Burger Rings (depending on which version of the story you believe).

North offering 14 and a Future 1st for pick Gold Coasts pick 10.

Surely we would do 7 for 14, F1 and pick either 19 this year or next.

We have a lot of players to replace. I have much more confidence with the scatter approach. All of our best drafts have involved clusters of picks

Hitting the draft with 14, 19 and 23 (Esava) this year and then having our Future 1, 2nd and North Future 1st is surely a better outcome.

Gold Coast potentially turning pick 4 into 14, 17, WB future 1st and Norths F1s is pretty damn handy.

All their mega trade scenarios are designed to get people talking - some of them aren't bad suggestions and you can see the starting point for potential trades, others are just way out there that you question what they were thinking
I was listening to trade radio when they floated this scenario, and they made it clear it was just for a bit of a laugh. They in no way suggested it was a viable/real mega-trade scenario. They repeated this disclaimer multiple times to make sure ppl understood that Cooney was just mucking about.

GET 2 WORK MACKIE.

History say someone on this list will be one of our targets...
I think Wilsons rep only was enhanced. Bad news for Gold Coast was the Graham performance would have him costing them more and Windsor was another that would came into the realms of consideration with a pick in the 20's

I was listening to trade radio when they floated this scenario, and they made it clear it was just for a bit of a laugh. They in no way suggested it was a viable/real mega-trade scenario. They repeated this disclaimer multiple times to make sure ppl understood that Cooney was just mucking about.
This always happens with Cooney. It’s never actually serious… but then it goes to print and outrage occurs.

This Lachie Schultz situation is Tim Kelly all over again. I need to return home for personal reasons, but I'm only going to West Coast.

So disingenuous.
Every player who wants to be traded nominates a single club they want to get to.

I literally cannot remember a single player who has said “I want to go to state X, and you can trade me to any club who resides in that state”. It has never happened, likely never will.

It is just the system we have.

Until we have a mature system that accepts push trades and all the positives and negatives of that it will never change.

We have a lot of players to replace. I have much more confidence with the scatter approach. All of our best drafts have involved clusters of picks

Hitting the draft with 14, 19 and 23 (Esava) this year and then having our Future 1, 2nd and North Future 1st is surely a better outcome.

Gold Coast potentially turning pick 4 into 14, 17, WB future 1st and Norths F1s is pretty damn handy.

The numbers keep changing ...make its hard to keep up ...

I would do that deal ..... 8 for 15, 20 and an end of R1 2024. Then we offer that 20 and and the 24 pick to GC for the ex Dogs pick ..P11 ...

It would give us 11, 15 and end of Fr1.

Take 23 for Esava and if Edwards is available then take him, let’s spend a bit on a ruck for once he is a guaranteed decent ruckman and I would love to know that we have that for 10 years for Esava who is genuinely crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually Conway could be a very good player just sick of not having a ruckman.

So you want a younger ruck instead of the more established one - who you just pivoted and said could be a very good player -, because you're 'sick of not having a ruckman.'

Okey doke then.

I am happy to role with Conway, I don’t want us drafting another ruck with an early pick.

If the club wants another ruck for depth take a speculative shot with a later pick.

Rucks are a random anyway look at the top rucks in the AFL, how many were high draft picks?

So you want a younger ruck instead of the more established one - who you just pivoted and said could be a very good player -, because you're 'sick of not having a ruckman.'

Okey doke then.
I would like some depth because he is far from proven, I see Edwards as a safe bet will be a decent to good AFL ruckman.

Midfielder - 8
Ruck- 23
I would be happy with this.
Ideal world would be
Pick 8- Sanders or Durrsma
Pick 23- Edwards
Last pick - ZZ

Okey doke then.
It's that time of year. There's some good posts, and then there's people spitballing ideas that really should be kept to oneself.

Accounting for the notion that ruckman take a minimum of 4 years to get near their best football, we should get rid of the highly rated one we just put 2 years of development into, to just repeat the process all over again with a lesser talent?

If it's CHARLIE Edwards, then we have a discussion to be had.

GET 2 WORK MACKIE.

I'm not big on McAuliffe. The SANFL U18 comp is very weak, if you're any good you're playing reserves or league. With his size (189cm, 90kg) he should be dominating that level. Here were his numbers:

1696911491579.png

Very sad to imagine THawkins in any other jumper than the Cats one.
With Kelly, Chappy and SJ it was a little irksome, but this would be as bad as seeing GAJ going to GC.
Clearly he thinks he has at least one good year to offer, unlike his buddy Jack Rirewoldt.
I'd be a lot happier seeing Tom retire than playing elsewhere, but that's just selfish me.
He may want one more flag, and realises it's not to be at Geelong?
This is a reach.

It's that time of year. There's some good posts, and then there's people spitballing ideas that really should be kept to oneself.

Accounting for the notion that ruckman take a minimum of 4 years to get near their best football, we should get rid of the highly rated one we just put 2 years of development into, to just repeat the process all over again with a lesser talent?

If it's CHARLIE Edwards, then we have a discussion to be had.
I’m a fan of Charlie Edwards, I don’t want to get rid of Conway I would like 2 on the list .

I would like some depth because he is far from proven, I see Edwards as a safe bet will be a decent to good AFL ruckman.
You can pick up depth late in the draft.

There's an argument to be had that spending high picks on ruckman is a pointless exercise. To do it twice in 3 years is ridiculous.

You just end up with one of them getting minutes, and the other shipped off for nothing eventually (Witts, Meek, Lycett)

Seriously, where do I sign??

North's F1 is guaranteed to be top 3, which would cause some epic opposition meltdowns following our 2024 flag. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back