2nds Glenelg vs Port Adelaide - Round 2 @ Glenelg

Remove this Banner Ad

People keep banging on about Hayes and Teakle for the AFL, I suggest watch a couple of SANFL games they have been part of.
I've watched the AFL games Lycett has been part of. They couldn't do worse.

The positives are Dante is tracking nicely for a 20 year old ruck. Pretty confident he's going to be getting AFL games by the end of the year and with another pre-season he's right to go.

McCallum I'd happily play on the wing if they thought it was a good idea to give him a run at AFL level. Lacks nothing in athletic ablitiy and he will go through the midfield at some stage.

Kyle Marshall suddenly I'm a lot more confident he's got a future. If he can put on that extra 10 kilos over the next couple of years?

The positives are Dante is tracking nicely for a 20 year old ruck. Pretty confident he's going to be getting AFL games by the end of the year and with another pre-season he's right to go.

McCallum I'd happily play on the wing if they thought it was a good idea to give him a run at AFL level. Lacks nothing in athletic ablitiy and he will go through the midfield at some stage.

Kyle Marshall suddenly I'm a lot more confident he's got a future. If he can put on that extra 10 kilos over the next couple of years?
Sinn through another game injury free.

Itch kicking 3 and getting on the bike.

How did Hagan look? He must be a chance for a mid year elevation if Orazio winds back up on the LTI list.

The only party trick Bonner had was his elite kicking skills. Totally deserted him now.

Delist is staring him in the face.
We should never have Farrell & Bonner playing in the same team.
Both are lovely kicks who can not defend or get their own ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hagan > Evans & mcentee. Draft him mid season and delist the other two
Hagan was in the WA U18 team last year but was not drafted.

The good news is, it was his choice to come here (hoping Port may draft him).
The bad news is, we would need a long term injury to facilatate a pick in the mid-season draft.

If a spot was available, would it be worth getting a mid season SANFL mid to improve competitiveness of the lower grade? Help the team develop if we are more competitive
If we can get Sinn, Mead, Jones, Nick Moore and Dumont going through there, it's ok.

Some height now in both the back and forward lines . Some talent too. Liked what I saw at the ground. Much better intent from the players.

Very young though with everything that goes with that inconsistency, lack of size and mature decision making.

Desperately need mature midfielder/s to make good choices and a game plan that plays to our strengths.

Georgi spent to much time trying to push his opponent under the ball and what the hell have they done to my buddy Ollie Lord.

I spend time me with my youngest saying don't run to spaces where it's clear the ball won't go to or always be the guy who is always two kicks away from the ball.

That was Ollie looked like he was being played as a decoy and often was running to terrible spots.Then played from behind when he did have a contest. Really disappointing as I think there is still a bit to work with.

Have decided to take the youngest on a tour of the suburban shitholes. One down.

How does Mccallum look? Looks like a physical beast but I must admit I was hoping for Lemmey at his pick 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Back