Going to be foolishly optimistic

Remove this Banner Ad

DAWESOME!!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You know what? We've taken some definite blows this year. Beams leaving and Scharenberg suffering an ACL spring to mind as the two worst. Logic, and all the expert - and not so credible - analysis here and in the media tells us next year won't be great in terms of results.

* all that. I've decided that I'm just going to be blindly optimistic about our prospects. Next year, every team starts on 0 premiership points, with the same number of players in the same salary cap. We have as good a chance as everyone. We have players I love watching, in Pendles, Swan, Cloke, Sidebottom, Elliott, Broomhead, etc.

I respect Bucks as a guy who understands footy and who is always interesting to listen to. I like having him as our coach, just as I liked Mick when he was with us.

I'm just going to be optimistic and look forward to us getting out there and doing our best.

No doubt some here will see this as naive or the wilful blindness of a sheep swallowing everything the club tells us. I don't care. I think I'll enjoy my footy more this way.

Trade week is going to be great for us. And I can't wait to see our young blokes come on and our stars do their thing.

If we can execute our gameplan to full efficiency and effectiveness, or if we can find a gameplay that suits our team better, then we should see a drastic rise up the ladder. If that doesn't happen then we'll continue along much as we did this year (minus the injuries hopefully).

Our gameplan is just so poorly executed at the moment it's too hard to judge if it's even viable with our squad... Although you could say the execution is an indication it's not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm jumping on board for the flag. Hard to see us losing it.

Winning flags is not the only reason I like watching Collingwood. Honestly, if we win more than we lose, and our players do well, I'll find some enjoyment in the season. (Obviously winning GFs is better, but that's happened twice in my lifetime, and I've still enjoyed footy in other times, even when it's ended in disappointment).

I'm optimistic in terms of the minutes we'll get into our younger players.

Not much else unfortunately.

Pendlebury. For a long time I saw him as 2 to Swan,and he was realistically I guess. But Swan couldn't be the example that this young team needs, not on all the professional levels that Pendles is. His game is just so selfless, so complete. Sure he could be slightly better overhead, a slightly better kick for goal, but how defensive can he be? How hard does he run both ways? I just hope we find someone good enough to let him off the leash at some stage. Otherwise I hope his professionalism sees him play until he's 38 with 400 games under his belt. Just love 'im.

You know what? We've taken some definite blows this year. Beams leaving and Scharenberg suffering an ACL spring to mind as the two worst. Logic, and all the expert - and not so credible - analysis here and in the media tells us next year won't be great in terms of results.
**** all that. I've decided that I'm just going to be blindly optimistic about our prospects. Next year, every team starts on 0 premiership points, with the same number of players in the same salary cap. We have as good a chance as everyone. We have players I love watching, in Pendles, Swan, Cloke, Sidebottom, Elliott, Broomhead, etc.
I respect Bucks as a guy who understands footy and who is always interesting to listen to. I like having him as our coach, just as I liked Mick when he was with us.
I'm just going to be optimistic and look forward to us getting out there and doing our best.
No doubt some here will see this as naive or the wilful blindness of a sheep swallowing everything the club tells us. I don't care. I think I'll enjoy my footy more this way.
Trade week is going to be great for us. And I can't wait to see our young blokes come on and our stars do their thing.

Good on ya, Dawesome. [can't [promise the same thing, I have to admit]

I'm optimistic that we can bring in a few good players in the off season and in 2016 we can build from their and challenge for a premiership.

I'm optimistic that we can bring in a few good players in the off season and in 2016 we can build from their and challenge for a premiership.
I'm more thinking 2017 for that. But no matter what I will be supporting the jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back