2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

So the unicorn has been named in the forward pocket and Brock named in the ruck. Probably means Read going to spend a fair bit of time in the ruck tomorrow and will rest in the forward line between rucking stints. I'm guessing the Witts injury has shelved plans to develop Read in the backline for the time being just in case they need him to step up and ruck at the AFL level.

Very interested to see how Lombard goes tomorrow. He looked pretty comfortable at the VFL level last year so one would assume he's potentially going to look even better this year. Graham named on ball should get supporters excited and I would hope Rogers gets a go in the guts tomorrow as well.

I think it’s safe to say that our other rucks are a work in progress.

Good to see a bunch of new faces out there though.

Really interesting to see Read playing forward with stints in the ruck. He's already snapped a goal and taken an uncontested mark inside 50 in this first quarter. Didn't convert on the second shot but still looking like he is going to cause Richmond issues today.

Our midfield is getting torched (losing Moyle doesn’t help). Developing rucks and kids there right now just getting bodied. A bit to like, but a lot to work on.

New look forward line too with no Burgess, McLaghlin or Chol needs a focal point.

Too many kids, small bodies. It looks like Brock injured hand (wrist). Commentators shocking. I had to turn it down. That screaming when Tigers going forward is insane.

Too many kids, small bodies. It looks like Brock injured hand (wrist). Commentators shocking. I had to turn it down. That screaming when Tigers going forward is insane.
Yeah, the reality is we lost a lot of experienced, AFL fringe quality depth last year.

Even having a Davies or Fiorini in there would make a difference in size.

We also seem to be intentionally trying to develop our young kids in the middle right off the bat. Only the Cheat Code is older in the centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeffrey has made a few silly choices. Has he been going to the Calem Graham school of double fisting instead of marking? I was really hoping he could come along this year, but just hasn’t been as clean as expected. Hopefully just an off day.

Joel has been good
Yeah, he’s been good in the second half. Started hitting those field kicks.

Rogers (2nd half) and Lombard (1st half) have worked well into the game too.

Our forward line is a bit of a mess though. That’s where most of our experience left the team, so gonna need some development there. Read has been alright there though.

Yeah, he’s been good in the second half. Started hitting those field kicks.

Rogers (2nd half) and Lombard (1st half) have worked well into the game too.

Our forward line is a bit of a mess though. That’s where most of our experience left the team, so gonna need some development there. Read has been alright there though.
Youd expect Casboult would be back there before long. Would help the forward line out a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back