2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor use of the ball in the final quarter cost the boys but a lot to like

Caleb Graham is hard to watch

Youd expect Casboult would be back there before long. Would help the forward line out a lot.
Yep. One more experienced/bugger key forward + Moyle and it’s probably more even.

Was very surprised to see how we lined up the young draftees + Lombard in the midfield for much of the game. Thought some of our VFL recruits would spend more time there. Clearly the directive is to fast track them.

Only have to watch the great Crab for a few more years!

Effort is good, young kids figuring it out so teething issues with ball use and decision making expected but can't fault alot of the kids efforts.
Yep. One more experienced/bugger key forward + Moyle and it’s probably more even.

Was very surprised to see how we lined up the young draftees + Lombard in the midfield for much of the game. Thought some of our VFL recruits would spend more time there. Clearly the directive is to fast track them.

Only have to watch the great Crab for a few more years!
Leo is gonna be a monster in 2 or 3 years, already matches up against men very well

GCGC lost to RFC 11.10.76 to 7.11.53

Disposals: Jeffery (34), Tsitas (32), Faulkhead (29), Macpherson (28), Lemmens (26), Lombard (25)
Goals: Read (2.0), Farrar (1.1), Rowlands (1.1), Mahony (1.1), Jeffery (1.0), Faulkhead (1.0)
Hitouts: Read (11), Day (10), Brock (2) vs Richmond (50 total)

Our guy Joel Jeffrey with a nice box score, hopefully his impact was better than easy marks?
TBH I missed most of the game but apparently Jeffery had single digits up until the 3rd qtr and then exploded in line with our comeback.

Take that for what you will

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Effort is good, young kids figuring it out so teething issues with ball use and decision making expected but can't fault alot of the kids efforts.

Leo is gonna be a monster in 2 or 3 years, already matches up against men very well
Agree, on the young kids and Leo 🤩

Lombard will be top 5 by the end of the season, I am afraid :) I loved when he physically challenged the opposition player. Great character, fighter.
Yeah I have to agree. If a Vic under 18 went out rd1 and had 25 touches in the vfl it would be headline news. He will get more and more noticed as the year goes on.

Lombard will be top 5 by the end of the season, I am afraid :) I loved when he physically challenged the opposition player. Great character, fighter.
I thought he had hurt an ankle or a knee in a marking contest at one stage late in the game, but he seemed to just shake it off after a couple of minutes. Have to admit I’m a massive fan of his already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back