Review Good, Bad and Ugly vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Melbourne want to play that way, that's up to them but they're not going to win many games playing the man and not the ball.

Great point you made.

Here is a fun fact, that Im not sure many supporters in here would know about the Demons, they average only 60 pts a game in 2014 and kicked less than9 goals a game, how are you going to produce exciting competitive footy that attracts fans to the game. Today's game was a reflection of the Demons in 2014.

We've conceded 181 points in 3 games. That's an average of 60.3!!!

Elite standards.... In saying that Melbourne scored 41 points from turnovers, so we gifted a lot of points away today....
When you play a full press in the wet that will probably happen (doesn't excuse some of the absolute blunders around half back). I'd write this one off as an outlier and see what happens next week regarding turnovers.

Clearly Roos/Goodwin got stuck into Vince about the mates stuff. All nice and smiles with your buddies or are they the enemy? Got a reaction.

Do you remember the issues that the media brought up with Danger smiling with Jelwood after the game? I never want any of our players to do a Vince, but with that said I want them to be hard and always competitive there is a subtle difference.

I dont expect Vince to be laughing or being jocular, but a the same time acting like a street thug on a footy field is a reflection of the coaching manner of Paul Roos. Disgraceful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good -
MacKay (one of my whipping boys, but credit where its due, good game, my BOG)
Ellis-Yolmen (glad I kept my thoughts of him to myself after nab cup game 1!!)
Thompson
Sloane - although sloppy at times - ie dropped mark leading to goal,
Comfortable win after not playing our best and having a lot of quiet players1

Bad -
Umpiring.
Non-existent players, has anyone praised VB return? Was he out there? Jenkins (One good snap, that is all)
Laird, Hendo, Cameron , Hartigan - don't let him kick! Defending well tho...
Jacobs, poor first qtr gave away two goals personally.

Ugly -
Melee - The Umpires association should pay any fines due to their inability to officiate the rules, resulting in due frustration.
Glad the team went for it tho
Dunstall on the coverage...WTF? And F#@kn Ricciuto... wanna agree with him anymore? Bull$#@$! "Poor Jones, been hard done by"...what about the Crows players always held on to??? And McDonald v Walker.. free to McD says Dunstall... well then how about the 20 Danger shoulda received by now? Cmon Roo... I'm a Victorian sick of the Victorian biased commentary!

Giving it towards Vince is pretty sad. He wanted to stay at Adelaide. Your club moved him on.

Well done on the win. 3-0 and top of the table. Enjoy!
He wasn't booed early, watch the replay. We all had a soft spot for Bernie, it was his elbow to sloans jaw and his cheap shots to danger that put the crowd off side.

Seriously seeing what you want to see here.

I think it was more that it doesn't come naturally to Bernie so he over-reached.

Like Walker with those tackles a couple of years ago.
I don't know... he looked very comfortable dishing that s**t out.

Good -
Thompson

Bad -
Umpiring.
Non-existent players, has anyone praised VB return? Was he out there? Jenkins (One good snap, that is all)

Ugly -
Melee - The Umpires association should pay any fines due to their inability to officiate the rules, resulting in due frustration.
Dunstall on the coverage...WTF? And F#@kn Ricciuto... wanna agree with him anymore? Bull$#@$! "Poor Jones, been hard done by"...what about the Crows players always held on to??? And McDonald v Walker.. free to McD says Dunstall... well then how about the 20 Danger shoulda received by now? Cmon Roo... I'm a Victorian sick of the Victorian biased commentary!
You raise a good point. The box was right behind Melbourne until midway through the 4th when they backflipped and jumped on our wagon.

Good -
Thompson

Bad -
Umpiring.

Ugly -

VB had a good game last week I thought. Wasn't too bad today. Playing a definite role. A fair few tackles I'm pretty sure.

Good - Mackay, Thommo, CEY, Sloane, Jaensch, Lynch, Kelly's debut

Bad - This week's rules interpretations, off-the-ball crap, Cameron, Hartigan, Jenkins just wandering into contests

Ugly - Danger playing for frees throwing his head back (very Geelong-esque), Watts is a complete joke at AFL level - he squibbed at least 3 times.

EDIT - the commentators cheering on Melbourne's good effort was bile inducing

Last edited by a moderator:
Will keep it simple with two points for each:

Good:
1. MACKAY
2. Win

Bad:
1. Roos makes footy oh so s**t.
2. Laird had an off game tonight. Thought this game was suited to him

Ugly:
1. Jenkins playing like he is a 5'2 small forward in conditions suited to him.
2. This board blaming everyone but Dangerfield for his performance tonight. He had a shocker and its on him. Don't blame his teammates, the weather, the umpires. Was beaten 1 on 1 by Vince.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back