Review Good, Bad and Ugly vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving votes to a tagger when his side loses. Yeah. Nah.
Went a long way to keeping Melbourne in the game. Had more possessions than the guy he "tagged". Shame he got Danger in the aggots (unnecessary and crude) but he walked off a winner and you can pencil it in for Danger to get close attention like that a fair bit this year.

He played a role which perhaps was a bit foreign to him and overdid it at times with the aggression but he did the job both in nullifying his opponent and getting the footy. MMM crew rightly had him in the votes. Didn't play for frees, when he copped it from multiple Crows players he didn't drop off. Good 4 quarter effort.
I didn't think he copped much at all from us.

So whilst he played the role you wanted him to, which meant smashing our best player with his dirty tactics, you're surprised why he was booed?
I thought it was a bit over the top. You'd think he took someone out ala Milburn on Silvagni at KP going by the crowd. It was in your face aggression and he was copping it too. Just took it to the limit a couple of times.

I think everyone will move on from this pretty quickly. Even Vince and Danger had a yarn at the end of the game.

I thought it was a bit over the top. You'd think he took someone out ala Milburn on Silvagni at KP going by the crowd. It was in your face aggression and he was copping it too. Just took it to the limit a couple of times.

I think everyone will move on from this pretty quickly. Even Vince and Danger had a yarn at the end of the game.
So when Dangers on the ground and he's kneeing him or elbowing him that's ok? Or slamming him into the ground. Time for you to go home

So when Dangers on the ground and he's kneeing him or elbowing him that's ok? Or slamming him into the ground. Time for you to go home
It's footy, it happens mate.

In any case I'll be off.

One last thing, great game by Mackay. Great mark going back with the flight of the footy. Important player for you guys this year.

GOOD
thommo's composure in traffic
Sloane's touch in the wet
Mackay all round
CEY's goals

BAD
Danger not coping with rough stuff. He'll get it all year after that performance.

UGLY
Hartigan
Was Hartigan one of those basketballers we recruited as a project player? If he's not then he's got the football brain of an U8! Shows no football nous whatsoever.

It's footy, it happens mate.

In any case I'll be off.

One last thing, great game by Mackay. Great mark going back with the flight of the footy. Important player for you guys this year.
So who did get the votes on MMM?

Went a long way to keeping Melbourne in the game. Had more possessions than the guy he "tagged". Shame he got Danger in the aggots (unnecessary and crude) but he walked off a winner and you can pencil it in for Danger to get close attention like that a fair bit this year.

He walked off with his reputation tarnished as Roos made him into a street thug today. Classy.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were definitely boos before that where I was sitting, but fair enough, maybe I was just sitting near arseholes.

Nevertheless, I think we're being precious. Bernie had a job to do today.
Yes, but there's tagging and there's sniping. He went way over the top. Above and beyond. Did exactly what his coach asked him to do, and well but it was ugly.

There were numerous occasions today where Vince went after Danger off the ball. Literally punched him. But whatever. It's been said.

Was good to see how we responded after being 3 goals down early. It was excellent to see us regain momentum, and we had control from about the 15 minute mark of the 1st quarter for the rest of the game.

Overall a stinker to watch but good to see us grind out a win after two relatively open/bruise-free games. It builds trust that we can do it again and grind out wins in the cold shitty middle of winter.

For those that were there today what was it like after the game? Was there a lot of handshaking and camaraderie between Bernie and the boys? What about between Danger and Bernie?

They all patted him on the back with zero niggle. I was waiting for some sort of reaction but even danger patted him on the back. I was disgusted.

Im not so pissed at Vince in all honesty, im pissed with the umpires. If they had of paid the blatant free kicks against Vince it wouldnt have gone on all game. It was like the umps said they would turn a blind eye to anything they did to Danger.
So Vince only got away with what the umps let him.
I think that today in terms of standing up as a team that the 3/4 time melee was too late - we showed the competition that you can play rough with danger and get away with it. Very unhappy with Henderson, Vince was wrestling with danger on the ground off the ball - he was within 8meters and did nothing. Borderline reminiscent of when those two Melbourne twats smashed danger into the ground at the G several years ago.

Yeah Walsh said toughness was mcays mark but you gotta look after your own. That wouldn't have happened to selwood.

I'm optimistic however that our coaching group is capable of learning and dealing with it despite the coach not appearing to be particularly phased by it.

He played a role which perhaps was a bit foreign to him and overdid it at times with the aggression but he did the job both in nullifying his opponent and getting the footy. MMM crew rightly had him in the votes. Didn't play for frees, when he copped it from multiple Crows players he didn't drop off. Good 4 quarter effort.

Bernies toughness has never been doubted. I was there today and he clearly played outside the rules. I consider it more a blight on Roos than bern though as he just did as instructed and the umps let him get away with it. Disgraceful and s**t for football.

He contributed very marginally to keeping the margin close. That ain't worth top 3 votes.
If we're going to talk possessions, 6 Melbourne players had more than Vince. And I didn't think Vince was all that damaging with his possessions - 8 of his 18 possessions were clangers - more than any other player on the ground.

Who won the game for the Crows? D Mac, Sloane, Thompson. Throw in Lynch, CEY. Jones did more for your side than did Vince. Keeping a player quiet gets a pat on the shoulder for job well done. But no votes. Midfielders are there to win the ball. For me, you gotta do that more than 18 times in a game to get in the votes.

Cool. So I wasnt hearing things then, It was reported that we had.

Yeah a reporter asked PW the question if we had gone to the AFL and PW asked him where he had heard it and he said "the radio" PW laughed and said don't believe everything you hear on the radio and that we hadn't done anything in regards to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back