Goodes - Seniors, NEAFL or both? What to do?

What would you prefer?

• Retire - Effective ASAP

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • SuperSub

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Start and be subbed

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Chill in the NEAFL

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Retire at EOY

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you are missing the point, we can take another young prospect or an older player in the PSD to address the hole the player leaves when they retire mid year. Last year we could have had Lloyd and player instead just Lloyd.
Ok, but do we still have to count the last year of the contract in our salary cap whether they retire before or mid season? Would that not affect whether we could take on a player instead of the retiree?

I think you are missing the point, we can take another young prospect or an older player in the PSD to address the hole the player leaves when they retire mid year. Last year we could have had Lloyd and player instead just Lloyd.

Lloyd replaced AJ on the senior list as a long term injury promotion from the rookie list. As no retirement has taken place mid year yet, there is no hole. If one does only an injury related one can see us dip into the rookie list.

Ok, but do we still have to count the last year of the contract in our salary cap whether they retire before or mid season? Would that not affect whether we could take on a player instead of the retiree?

Salary counts against the cap and would play a role in any decision. If it's mid year the only fact that matters is if the retirement is injury related

He'll be back when Tippett inevitably twinges something or Buddy is rested.

I don't really think he's suited to the Sub role anyway. You want someone with speed to take on the oppositions tiring legs, and there isn't really a full time Fwd spot for him at the moment so it's probably a good call.

He's like a really excited puppy who wets themselves. Except he gets the stutter train started and then completely forgets whatever rubbish point he was trying to make. Sometimes he makes an intelligent and quite well worded point of discussion, but he's usually a bumbling buffoon without the ability to construct basic sentences.

Prime example last week on 360 when he went into a self induced convulsion and bumbled and stumbled and spluttered and finally spat out the name Joe Robson when he was referring to Jobe Watson. Man is an imbecile of the highest order and cleary walked around the university he received his degree in journalism with an orange witches hat on his head.

He'll be back when Tippett inevitably twinges something or Buddy is rested.

I don't really think he's suited to the Sub role anyway. You want someone with speed to take on the oppositions tiring legs, and there isn't really a full time Fwd spot for him at the moment so it's probably a good call.
Please dont say that.

Somewhere Kurt nervously rubbed his leg

Goodes has made a decision to take upon himself any media rubbish. He has lifted the decision from the selection panel and put his team ahead of any personal aspirations. He'll keep himself in form while providing extra leadership in the NEAFL. At the same time he's showing guys who are languishing in the 2s that it's not a punishment, it's an opportunity to work on your game and to bring out your best.

That's Depth with a capital D. Depth of experience for our team and Depth of passion for his club. Well done Goodesy. I hope you get yourself firing for the point end of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not even the worst thing for the kids to play with guys like okeefe goodes etc when they do go back to the ressies

This bs that it is selfish on the main board annoys me
Wouldn't it be selfish to demand a starting 21 spot? Don't see how it is seflish

Goodes has made a decision to take upon himself any media rubbish. He has lifted the decision from the selection panel and put his team ahead of any personal aspirations. He'll keep himself in form while providing extra leadership in the NEAFL. At the same time he's showing guys who are languishing in the 2s that it's not a punishment, it's an opportunity to work on your game and to bring out your best.

That's Depth with a capital D. Depth of experience for our team and Depth of passion for his club. Well done Goodesy. I hope you get yourself firing for the point end of the season.

I wonder what he is thinking about for life after retirement. If it is coaching then is a higher level of involvement with the coach of the reserves a benefit?

It's like people forget how good a good goodes can be... He isn't as bad as the media or anyone else wants to dramatize IMO. As a leader at our club he is leading by example not throwing the toys out of the cot. The media & opposition want to make it seem that way but it couldn't be further from the truth.

Jeez I hope Adam shows everyone up when it counts late in the season... Would honestly love nothing more than a Norm Smith in a winning GF to end it for him. C'mon Goodesy!!

I wonder what he is thinking about for life after retirement. If it is coaching then is a higher level of involvement with the coach of the reserves a benefit?
Politics? Can picture Labor/Liberal/Greens number crunchers hanging outside the Manuka dressing rooms.

Back