Toast What does it take to be a whipping boy ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is McVeigh once pointed in Bedford's general direction and seemed to move his lips, which Bedford saw as making a derogatory comment under his breath.

The OP should also be aware that Bedford enjoys whipping newbie posters

Punts would make a whipping boy out of the whole team if he could. Sometime I think he dislikes every player in the team. Other times I think he just dislikes people, all people, people in general, humans, and their dogs.

Grand Uncle Horace has "unreasonable issues" with Reid. It it a kink thing? He would dearly love to whip him for something. Too many of us like Reid for him to become a true whipping boy. Reid's like one of those comic book heroes who gets repeatedly beaten, hit by a freight train, buried under a collapsed building, tied to a nuclear missile, or strapped to a rocket and hurled into the sun. Reid just keeps dusting himself off and coming back to the fight. Even when he's delisted he finds a way back. He's admired for his sheer tenacity, as much as anything else.
coyote wile GIF

hmmn… Sam Reid as this injury prone guy chasing another contract.

Fifteen months out of the game and he is now rated by heaps on this board as a champion.

I am still waiting for him to apologise for his role in the 22 GF Debacle.

My guess is McVeigh once pointed in Bedford's general direction and seemed to move his lips, which Bedford saw as making a derogatory comment under his breath.

The OP should also be aware that Bedford enjoys whipping newbie posters

Punts would make a whipping boy out of the whole team if he could. Sometime I think he dislikes every player in the team. Other times I think he just dislikes people, all people, people in general, humans, and their dogs.

Grand Uncle Horace has "unreasonable issues" with Reid. It it a kink thing? He would dearly love to whip him for something. Too many of us like Reid for him to become a true whipping boy. Reid's like one of those comic book heroes who gets repeatedly beaten, hit by a freight train, buried under a collapsed building, tied to a nuclear missile, or strapped to a rocket and hurled into the sun. Reid just keeps dusting himself off and coming back to the fight. Even when he's delisted he finds a way back. He's admired for his sheer tenacity, as much as anything else.
Thanks for telling me what you think i think , well your wrong

coyote wile GIF

hmmn… Sam Reid as this injury prone guy chasing another contract.

Fifteen months out of the game and he is now rated by heaps on this board as a champion.

I am still waiting for him to apologise for his role in the 22 GF Debacle.
You'll be waiting a while. Whether he should've played or not, Reid was in a forward line that saw the ball eight(!) times in the first quarter, less than half our opposition's. He had little to no role in the 22 GF debacle.

You'll be waiting a while. Whether he should've played or not, Reid was in a forward line that saw the ball eight(!) times in the first quarter, less than half our opposition's. He had little to no role in the 22 GF debacle.

He limped on to the field. Should have ruled himself but opted not to. He helped set the tone. Unforgivable.

He limped on to the field. Should have ruled himself but opted not to. He helped set the tone. Unforgivable.
Yes because I'm sure as his 21 teammates all ran onto the field for what was the biggest match of their lives in front of 100,000 people, their immediate thought was how Sam Reid was holding up.

Yes because I'm sure as his 21 teammates all ran onto the field for what was the biggest match of their lives in front of 100,000 people, their immediate thought was how Sam Reid was holding up.

Prestigiaccomo famously stood down and was lauded for his selflessness. Reid did not.

Presti set a positive example for his team. Reid did not. All his team mates would have known it was at best an extreme risk. How much better had he stood up and said I am not fit enough and will let the side down so I am ruling myself out.

As it was some team mates would have rolled their eyes Seeing him limp about. Shocking statement about the individual being better than the team. And of course we played like that on the day.

As for how you can improve your post number, I'd recommend getting into heated discussions that don't really go anywhere on the following players: Aliir Aliir, George Hewett, Ollie Florent, Jake Lloyd, Sam Reid & Luke Parker. They have done wonders for my count :thumbsu:

I feel like I am watching a masterclass.

Sam Reid for deliberately being injured, playing injured and just being San Reid.

Even in retirement his name will inspire many.

Presti set a positive example for his team. Reid did not. All his team mates would have known it was at best an extreme risk. How much better had he stood up and said I am not fit enough and will let the side down so I am ruling myself out.

As it was some team mates would have rolled their eyes Seeing him limp about. Shocking statement about the individual being better than the team. And of course we played like that on the day.
I've got a couple of dead horses that need flogging. They tell me you're the man to see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only our medical, performance staff or coaches had some kind of say in who's fit to play :rolleyes:

Sure the culpability is not Sam’s alone… pathetic the Club never offered an explanation of what happened.

Sure the culpability is not Sam’s alone… pathetic the Club never offered an explanation of what happened.
Horse publicly said "We made a mistake". What else he could say? Is "We cocked up" any better? I think we can be confident that questions would've been asked and no doubt lessons were learned. The matter is something for the club to deal with internally.

Why do you need to know who's to blame? It's not up to any of us to dispense justice. We've all seen examples of trial by social media, the Internet equivalent of the lynch mob. Throw the smallest morsel of flesh into its ravenous maw and gnashing teeth to start the angry voices baying for blood, drowning out the voices of moderation.

If the club were to go into detail of how the mistake happened or where culpability rests, it would still not placate every fan. There would always be more questions to be asked. It would not stop the lynch mob forming, fed by a well of misinformation, ill-informed rumours and vested interests. The footy media love to stir the pot, to fan the flames of controversy and wedge divisions between fans. Kane Cornes would quickly throw his two cents in. Players, staff and their families would inevitably be drawn in, potentially creating conflict within the club, ill-feelings that could fester and grow like a cancer. That's probably a worst case, but why risk damaging the club by airing dirty washing in public.

If Swans players and staff can't feel confident that they won't be punished or singled out for mistakes they won't feel comfortable taking risks. They'll play it safe and end up second guessing themselves.

Successful organisations accept, own and embrace mistakes. Collingwood have thrived under McRae, taking risks to another level. Of course they'd prefer to take risks while minimise mistakes, but mistakes are part and parcel of taking risks. When mistakes happen good organisations don't seek to apportion blame, they seek opportunities to learn from mistakes, to improve.

Thanks for telling me what you think i think , well your wrong
I'm not telling you what you think but what I think you think. What I think you think may not be what you think? And what you think I think you think may not be what I think you think. It's what you think I think you think. There's no right thing I think you think or wrong thing I think you think. It's just what I think you think, at least that's what I think you think I think you think. I think.

Let me think if I think you should think about it.

I think you meant "you're wrong", as in "you are wrong", not "your wrong" as in "you need to right your wrong". At least that's what I think you were thinking, unless you just ran out of energy while typing and you meant to write something like "....your wrong added to my wrong doesn't make a right"*

*This is an anglicised version of "Two Wongs don't make a White" ~ Confucius

"A great man is hard on himself; a small man is hard on others." ~ Confucius

"Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." ~ Confucius

"A good man is hard to find but a hard man is good to find" ~ Mae West

How dare Ted Richards not follow Presti's positive example in 2012.......

Lol ... Teddy was not the shot duck before the opening bounce.

Had to be jabbed up to play and had to be jabbed up again at half time. He got very lucky that.

Surprised you haven't flogged LRT since the 2006 loss for playing with a foot injury that caused him to be moved out of defense early in the game.

n Had to be jabbed up to play and had to be jabbed up again at half time. He got very lucky that.

Surprised you haven't flogged LRT since the 2006 loss for playing with a foot injury that caused him to be moved out of defense early in the game.

Lol... Getting really desperate now.

Fact is if Reid was any less fit he would have rolled on to the G in an Ambulance.

Lol... Getting really desperate now.

Fact is if Reid was any less fit he would have rolled on to the G in an Ambulance.

You're the desperate one. You are happy to overlook previous examples because it suits you and are happy for players to play injured. You can't excuse previous examples and then bag one decision non-stop.

Either playing injured in a Grand Final is bad in every instance or the club can be given the benefit of the doubt.

No one here is suggesting Reid was fully fit, he was far from it but its not like the risk hasn't been taken before and its not like it impacted on the result. You're blame Reid for something that had no impact on the day.

LRT playing in 2006 had an impact in a one point loss, yet you are happy for him to play that game injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back