Autopsy We pissed it in v the pies

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure people realise how highly rated Roberts was as a kid. He was touted as a top 10 pick going into his draft year but suffered an ankle injury early in the year affecting his prospects.

Cal Twomey had him at #9 when the first edition of his "Phantom Form Guide" was realised in 2021. He obviously slid from there.
No I did nor know that...Bargain!!!

i always consider the "best on ground" players those who had an impact on the result
daicos did not, unless you argue he was responsible for keeping the margin below 60, which i would counter
yes, individually, he was good ... but there is no way he had an impact the same way heeney, warner, mccartin, rowbottom, mcinerney, gulden or mcdonald did ...
i do agree daicos likely gets a brownlow vote, but i think that leads to a different argument about how umpires see games
i still think the five standout best players were heeney, warner, mccartin, rowbottom and mcinerney

Daicos was literally the only reason we didn’t win by 100 comfortably in the best few on the ground and if you are getting 37 and 1.1 you are getting votes. Gulden probably gets the 1, more likely than a rowbottom type.

I'm not sure people realise how highly rated Roberts was as a kid. He was touted as a top 10 pick going into his draft year but suffered an ankle injury early in the year affecting his prospects.

Cal Twomey had him at #9 when the first edition of his "Phantom Form Guide" was realised in 2021. He obviously slid from there.
And yet the cries of “WHO?!?” and “another reach!!!!” were heard long and loud on the draft night thread.

I’m sure there was even the odd reference to skinny flankers made on that fateful night.

You f#####g beauty!!!!!

I didn't think we had a hope in all honesty. Still in Greece and just wandering around the Acropolis when my daughter sent me message - just a screen shot of the final score!!!

Again I say, I freaking love this team ❤️❤️❤️

If we lose in two weeks when I'm home again, I'd better come back to Greece for the rest of the season!
Are you in Greece as a land trip or part of a cruise, #Jewelson? We did Greece and 4 of the islands back in 2015 and will be doing another Med cruise in July. As good as that will be, it means I'll miss 5 Swans games. :'(

And yet the cries of “WHO?!?” and “another reach!!!!” were heard long and loud on the draft night thread.

I’m sure there was even the odd reference to skinny flankers made on that fateful night.
If anyone was saying those things, they weren't paying attention to any draft analysis beforehand. He slid to us, rather than we reached.

I of course was unhappy because we selected 3 mids first up and no KPP. Wasn't really anything personal about Roberts, because he was highly rated (at least in the media / draft analyst sources).

Are you in Greece as a land trip or part of a cruise, #Jewelson? We did Greece and 4 of the islands back in 2015 and will be doing another Med cruise in July. As good as that will be, it means I'll miss 5 Swans games. :'(
Wow 5 games!!! That's a BIG cruise, but will be terrific.
What ship are you on? If they have sport24 on the cabin television you may catch the games.
They were all on ours for opening round but unfortunately I didn't know until the GWS v Collingwood games so missed our game and the cruise ended on Friday morning so I haven't seen this week's either.

We did a 12 day cruise around the mainland, now coming to the end of a week in Athens where we did a bit of island hopping.
Off again in three weeks though, back to Japan on Golden Princess. I'm hoping as they are now a sponsor I will be able to watch the games.

While the media cry crocodile tears for the poor Pies, who claim they are still finding their touch, I think the same can be said for the Swans. We made so many un-Swans-like errors that we could easily have added six to eight more goals.

Had we lost a tight game this board would have demanded the coach's head for each and every one handling error, but in the wake of such a win small mistakes usually slip past uncommented.

I feel confident the player's match review will focus on what we did wrong as much as on everything we did right. The competitions's too even to rest on our laurels. Horse needs to channel Ming the Merciless in demanding more of his players - or in Ming's parlance, his flunkies. The mere fact that we can be much better should serve as motivation to improve.
No doubt one thing that will be highlighted at training will be that the big boys need to use their voice when about to take an uncontested mark. Having Campbell spoil McCartin followed a few minutes later with Haywood doing the same thing to McDonald. Surely these guys were taught in their younger days to yell out "mine" when about to take these marks.

No doubt one thing that will be highlighted at training will be that the big boys need to use their voice when about to take an uncontested mark. Having Campbell spoil McCartin followed a few minutes later with Haywood doing the same thing to McDonald. Surely these guys were taught in their younger days to yell out "mine" when about to take these marks.
Very noisy in there Friday night

There's a foolproof way to predict the Brownlow Medallist...

1. Identify the top 5 players in the competition.
2. Eliminate them from consideration.
3. Identify the top 6-15 players in the competition.
4. Eliminate the most damaging, impactful player of those 10 from consideration.
5. Identify the highest Fantasy scorer of the remaining 9 players.

There's your Brownlow Medallist.

4. Eliminate the most damaging, impactful player of those 10 from consideration.

That's a bit tough on Neale who is clearly the most influential player on a pretty decent team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He couldn't have as he gave Heeney 5. Most likely event is that he gave Daicos 4 and Horse gave him 1
I suspect not. I think Longmire was more likely to have given him 4 than McRae.

But I think it more likely still that Daicos was a 2/3 (either way around). I reckon Rowie was probably 4 (Longmire)/1 McRae because we know Horse loves what James does.

Cal Twomey had him at #9 when the first edition of his "Phantom Form Guide" was released in 2021. He obviously slid from there.
Getting him at pick 34 has obviously been a bonus. Him at 34 and Gulden at 32. A couple of handy selections.

We have more winners than anyone , so that is disrespectful

It will be Heeney 3, Daicos 2 on Brownlow night. Raffle the 1 maybe Rowbottom or even Logan. I had the first two best on the ground and comfortably.
How could Logan possibly be considered for votes. 3 of his 4 goals were given to him solely by being on his own. It was the cheapest 4 goal haul I've ever seen.

Wow 5 games!!! That's a BIG cruise, but will be terrific.
What ship are you on? If they have sport24 on the cabin television you may catch the games.
They were all on ours for opening round but unfortunately I didn't know until the GWS v Collingwood games so missed our game and the cruise ended on Friday morning so I haven't seen this week's either.

We did a 12 day cruise around the mainland, now coming to the end of a week in Athens where we did a bit of island hopping.
Off again in three weeks though, back to Japan on Golden Princess. I'm hoping as they are now a sponsor I will be able to watch the games.
Not on the ship the whole time. Doing a bus tour through Germany and Austria and then a few days in each of Lucerne, Lake Como, Nice and Barcelona before a 14 night cruise on Queen Elizabeth. I know, life's a bitch, isn't it. :rolleyes:

I place more prestige on coaches award and the AFLPA award than the Brownlow these days.
The AFLPA award is the biggest joke award of all time. Players are asked to vote who the best player of the year is when very few of them watch any games at all. Hence, they make their decision based mainly on what they read in the media.

Took the most marks for us , would you say that if it was Plugger or Buddy
That is irrelevant. Can't possibly say he played great because he kicked 4 goals as 3 of them were Joe Magooses. I would have at least 10 players ranked higher than McDonald.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back