Autopsy We pissed it in v the pies

Remove this Banner Ad

You may be onto something there.

Roberts looks very calm under pressure, he's not afraid to take the hits and his kicking skills are very polished. Rare qualities indeed. His ability to absorb, to trust his teammates, to stay calm and kick with precision can be the difference between a turning over the ball inside (or just outside) our defensive 50 vs. clearing the defence to setup a fast rebound attack with space in front of us.

Our ability to quickly turn defence into attack, was a big contributor to our win. By contrast, the pressure applied by our forwards and across the midfield meant the Pies' attempts to rebound were breaking down. They couldn't move the ball with their usual run or go coast to coast. Many of the Pies turnovers happened well before they got near their forward 50. It wasn't until the Pies forwards started coming right up to meet their mids that they began to get any connection.

Before the opening round I wondered if Roberts would show enough to justify his selection and hold his spot. Everyone agreed he'd had a great pre-season. He'd shown enough talent in his debut year, but he'd also missed a good chunk of footy.

Now I'm on board the Roberts Railway. I think he'll have more up than down games. He may be rested at times, but I don't doubt he's ready. We've unearthed yet another top notch young player.

I'm not sure people realise how highly rated Roberts was as a kid. He was touted as a top 10 pick going into his draft year but suffered an ankle injury early in the year affecting his prospects.

Cal Twomey had him at #9 when the first edition of his "Phantom Form Guide" was released in 2021. He obviously slid from there.

Last edited:
But Horse would've voted as well , surely McCrae didn't give Daicos 5

not fussed who voted for him, it was a token vote
he was not among the best 6-8 players
his team should've been beaten by 10 goals or more, he had bugger-all impact on the result

Does anyone have Andre The Gina’s free kick stats v Pies ? Doesn’t like us for some reason, the feeling’s more than mutual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the ground and the ironic USA chants whenever Collingwood made a mistake was one of the weirdest experiences I have had at the footy

Collingwood fans started the chant when Cox took a mark inside 50, cox proceeded to miss the goal & the swans fans started chanting it for the rest of the game whenever cox was involved. It was soo good.

Collingwood fans started the chant when Cox took a mark inside 50, cox proceeded to miss the goal & the swans fans started chanting it for the rest of the game whenever cox was involved. It was soo good.
It was happening whenever Collingwood did anything wrong though which was the weird part

It was happening whenever Collingwood did anything wrong though which was the weird part

Dripping with with acidic irony.

Bet it started in the Ponny Stand.

I really hope it becomes a thing that fans of other Club pick up.

Was the only reason it wasn’t 80+ in the margin. Their midfield looked so old, Sidebottom especially reminded me a lot of Kennedy todays the end unfortunately looked cooked
You can add Pendles to that as well. Watched the replay last night and at one stage he was running with the ball into the forward line and the Swans player closing in behind him made it look like he was running in sand.

You can add Pendles to that as well. Watched the replay last night and at one stage he was running with the ball into the forward line and the Swans player closing in behind him made it look like he was running in sand.

Yeah 100% Father Time you can’t beat that said at least with Pendles he did some good things but agree poor game

Daicos deserved the individual recognition as he was very good on the night. Not sure he carried the midfield as the Pies were well beaten rather he had a strong individual performance.

Daicos deserved the individual recognition as he was very good on the night. Not sure he carried the midfield as the Pies were well beaten rather he had a strong individual performance.

It will be Heeney 3, Daicos 2 on Brownlow night. Raffle the 1 maybe Rowbottom or even Logan. I had the first two best on the ground and comfortably.

It will be Heeney 3, Daicos 2 on Brownlow night. Raffle the 1 maybe Rowbottom or even Logan. I had the first two best on the ground and comfortably.

i always consider the "best on ground" players those who had an impact on the result
daicos did not, unless you argue he was responsible for keeping the margin below 60, which i would counter
yes, individually, he was good ... but there is no way he had an impact the same way heeney, warner, mccartin, rowbottom, mcinerney, gulden or mcdonald did ...
i do agree daicos likely gets a brownlow vote, but i think that leads to a different argument about how umpires see games
i still think the five standout best players were heeney, warner, mccartin, rowbottom and mcinerney

I defenced Daicos impact for the Pies, but when only 3 players can get brownlow votes and pre junk time it was basically 10 goals, so not sure a Pies player should get any vote.

But probably get 3 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back