Opinion Parker, Mills, Reid, Adams... best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would definitely be dropping Amartey, Roberts and Hayward (I'd trade Hayward in a heartbeat). I guess for Parker, Adams and Reid.

Maybe Cunningham or Fox for Mills.

If it's a rainy day I'd be tempted to replace McLean with Wicks.

Id probably opt for McLean over Reid though.

Would definitely be dropping Amartey, Roberts and Hayward (I'd trade Hayward in a heartbeat). I guess for Parker, Adams and Reid.

That seems about right but I'd drop Jordon before Hayward.

Hypothetical: suppose Parker, Mills, Reid and Adams were all ready to go this week. Who would you drop?

The only obvious one for me is Amartey for Reid. Anyone else would be stiff, so who do you chop?

I suppose the question is does it relate to a player or a role (ie are you replacing Fox as a player or Fox as a negating pressure forward role).

I would have Reid in ahead of Amartey, Mills ahead of Roberts and Parker for Jordan

For me, Roberts and Jordon are top of the list.

Fox & Cunningham competing for the same spot imo. Whoever is the best fit or in better form to get the nod over the other.

Amartey & Reid competing for a spot. I'd be rotating them based on form / output. If I were coach, neither would be assured of 22 games... Reid isn't part of our future plans, so is behind Amartey imo. But if he's given an opportunity and performs, Amartey stays in the 2s. But I'd be resting Reid throughout the year and would give Amartey opportunities, and if he takes his opportunities, he stays in ahead of Reid. Only draw back of this approach is that the lack of continuity may impact their ability to perform at their best, so maybe this isn't the best strategy. At the very least, I'd give Reid an opportunity to prove he's still able to contribute strongly.

We have a fair amount of depth atm.

Reid not fast enough for you mate?
Amartey is said to be faster than Reid although I’ve heard reports that Reid is now faster given he’s been doing some kfc drive through sprints. But Wicksy, boy oh boy is he fast. Leaves them both in his wake and way more valuable than a third tall v the pies this week even with Prks, Mills and Tay Tay hypothetically back.

I like Reid, but I like fast players more.

Given we already lack scoring power upfront who would you expect to step up and replace Hayward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, Roberts and Jordon are top of the list.

Fox & Cunningham competing for the same spot imo. Whoever is the best fit or in better form to get the nod over the other.

Amartey & Reid competing for a spot. I'd be rotating them based on form / output. If I were coach, neither would be assured of 22 games... Reid isn't part of our future plans, so is behind Amartey imo. But if he's given an opportunity and performs, Amartey stays in the 2s. But I'd be resting Reid throughout the year and would give Amartey opportunities, and if he takes his opportunities, he stays in ahead of Reid. Only draw back of this approach is that the lack of continuity may impact their ability to perform at their best, so maybe this isn't the best strategy. At the very least, I'd give Reid an opportunity to prove he's still able to contribute strongly.

We have a fair amount of depth atm.

Have Buller ahead of both.

I think Amartey, Hayward, Fox, Jordon & Roberts would be the nervous ones.

But IMO Fox has to be in the team at all times or we don't have a single elite pressure player in our forward line.

Agree, but consider Sam Wicks a must selection.

That seems about right but I'd drop Jordon before Hayward.
Jury is still out on Jordon, but he doesn't seem to be a choker like Hayward. What Jordon has shown so far I find promising enough to keep him in the A-team. Needs to legally change his name though.

Parker has been a no nonsense pressure player for ages.
I don't think he'd be that effective at it nowadays. The best forward half pressure players buzz around like energiser bunnies causing chaos. Parker's not that player.

If Parker was going to play forward it would have to be as your medium marking target player. In which case he'd have to take Hayward's place, because if our forward line has both those two but no elite pressure smalls... we won't get far.

I don't think he'd be that effective at it nowadays. The best forward half pressure players buzz around like energiser bunnies causing chaos. Parker's not that player.

If Parker was going to play forward it would have to be as your medium marking target player. In which case he'd have to take Hayward's place, because if our forward line has both those two but no elite pressure smalls... we won't get far.
More than happy for Parker to replace Hayward. The forward line needs leadership and org to ensure structure which LP brings. He is tough as teak and I think would also lead stoppages on the fwd line.

Yeah I don't think we'll ever see Parker playing more forward than mid, but I do think with our depth this year we'll be rotating he and Adams through there quite a bit, and we'll see Mills down back a little more too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back