Player Watch #3 Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

[PLAYERCARD]Taylor Adams[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Player Profile:

Drafted by GWS with Pick 13 in the 2011 National Draft, Taylor Adams made his AFL debut in Round 5 of the 2012 season. After 31 games with the Giants the midfielder moved to Collingwood where he went on to play 10 seasons and five finals campaign for the Magpies. He joins the Sydney Swans with a wealth of experience including a Grand Final appearance in 2018. In 2020 he was named the club’s Best and Fairest and selected in the All-Australian team.

DOB: 20 Sep 1993
Draft: 2011
RECRUITED FROM: Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks very much - now I've discovered what the Tracker is. However you have to go to the Player section first and then tracker to get the heat maps (not the other way around).
And if you look up the teams data and scroll down, you can get the qtr by qtr heat maps for the whole team. It's interesting because you can clearly see as a team when our game plan was working and when the ball was spending too much time in defence.

How do you see him fitting in with the current midfield? In my opinion he's a midfielder only (and not a forward), but seems your mids bat pretty deep at the moment. I can't see heeney, warner, Parker being pushed out anytime soon.

How do you see him fitting in with the current midfield? In my opinion he's a midfielder only (and not a forward), but seems your mids bat pretty deep at the moment. I can't see heeney, warner, Parker being pushed out anytime soon.
We'll see over the next run of games against some very good midfields.

I agree he'll play mostly onball but all our midfielders rotate. He can push forward when he's not on ball. That's what he did at the Pies, although apparently he came here in the hope and expectation that that wouldn't happen so much. And I don't expect it will happen so much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back