Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Hayward's our most overrated player

At the moment, Chad Warner is our most overrated player.

(I'm allowed to say it, because its the unpopular opinions thread).
I thought his first half was poor last week, there were several moments where a lack of effort was concerning. That and a lack of awareness that sees him getting done for HTB often. A big last quarter and a bit, all is forgotten apparently.

Still, he's not in his prime yet, and any flaws that crop up appear to be mental, so lots of room for optimism (above the games or parts thereof where he is absolute class).

It was honestly a toss up between the two of them tbh.
It's basically been a one man cheer squad and very recently for Hayward hasn't it i.e. Cornes?

If you look at the last 3 years of "Swans youth hype", it's Gulden, then Warner (and arguably earlier on in 2021 etc Warner had more hype).

It's basically been a one man cheer squad and very recently for Hayward hasn't it i.e. Cornes?

If you look at the last 3 years of "Swans youth hype", it's Gulden, then Warner (and arguably earlier on in 2021 etc Warner had more hype).
Yeah look it had long been Warner for me, except in the last week I've heard that Hayward's the best player in the comp no one's talking about, he's on par with players like Rowbottom & Florent, and he's potentially worth $1mill. It's taken him from a "gee he gets a bit of a rough go from Swans fans" player to the most overrated we have. IMO.

Yeah look it had long been Warner for me, except in the last week I've heard that Hayward's the best player in the comp no one's talking about, he's on par with players like Rowbottom & Florent, and he's potentially worth $1mill. It's taken him from a "gee he gets a bit of a rough go from Swans fans" player to the most overrated we have. IMO.
Maybe Kane has heard the Crows are keen and he wants to make them pay up if they go after him.

the brewongle stand facilities are *ing trash, although great seats to view the game. MCG needs escalators to get upto level 4, cbf climbing stairs.

the brewongle stand facilities are *ing trash, although great seats to view the game. MCG needs escalators to get upto level 4, cbf climbing stairs.
If they eventually get around to re-building the Churchill & Brewongle stands then they better include more escalators then what they did at the other end of the ground. Only the Noble stand has escalators and when last I was there they would NOT let you use them to get up or down from the Bradman. Complete farce only have 1 set of escalators for a stands that size and height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they eventually get around to re-building the Churchill & Brewongle stands then they better include more escalators then what they did at the other end of the ground. Only the Noble stand has escalators and when last I was there they would NOT let you use them to get up or down from the Bradman. Complete farce only have 1 set of escalators for a stands that size and height.

Agreed. I try to use a lift at the scg where possible by pretending to have a limp, yes I'm proud of it.

Whipping boy one day - Rooster the next

Heeney will win the 2024 Brownlow, finishing 6 points clear of runner up Clayton Oliver. The other top 25 Swans will be the Chad 8th, Parks 17th, Grundy 20th and then Gulden (24th). Nick Daicos will finish 11th, just behind his brother. Pies will complain.

Heeney will win the 2024 Brownlow, finishing 6 points clear of runner up Clayton Oliver. The other top 25 Swans will be the Chad 8th, Parks 17th, Grundy 20th and then Gulden (24th). Nick Daicos will finish 11th, just behind his brother. Pies will complain.
Nick Daicos will win the Brownlow, aided by 3 votes in the thumping by Sydney.

Pies will complain. He should have received all 6 votes.

People on this board are too reliant on AFL media pieces to form their opinions on players.

Where a player comes in the best & fairest isn't the 'gotcha' people on this board think it is.

People on this board are too reliant on AFL media pieces to form their opinions on players.

Where a player comes in the best & fairest isn't the 'gotcha' people on this board think it is.
I agree ! Which must make this opinion unpopular. It’s the whipping boys defence strategy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back