Autopsy We ******* did it get around us boys!! off to a PRELIM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I want to argue with you Kingy but we have won two flags as Sydney. We won 3 flags as South Melbourne.,
As a member of the Swans since 1967, I love the club wearing the red V when we play in Victoria however in saying that I am more than happy for the Sydney jumper to be worn in all finals, no matter where they are played.

Like I said next I love the jumper , should have phrased it better,

We only won one flag in the red V though in 33, 09 and 18 we had the red sash, so 1 more in the swans current jumper 🤣

How was Franklin not injured after the Petracca clash of legs. I did something similar against Aspley a few weeks back and ended up with cellulitis after my leg swelled up.

Must have solid shins

Lot of incidents in games you think how the * do they keep going or how did they avoid injury, so much luck and of course strength/injections

2012 we were the lower ranked side and played on the Friday night. 2016 Geelong were in PF2 and played on the Friday night
You're correct re 2012. Can't explain that as it is a rarity for that to happen. In 2016 we played Geelong in the prelim on the Friday night as Geelong was the higher ranked qualifying final winner.

Not that I want to argue with you Kingy but we have won two flags as Sydney. We won 3 flags as South Melbourne.,
As a member of the Swans since 1967, I love the club wearing the red V when we play in Victoria however in saying that I am more than happy for the Sydney jumper to be worn in all finals, no matter where they are played.
This

You're correct re 2012. Can't explain that as it is a rarity for that to happen. In 2016 we played Geelong in the prelim on the Friday night as Geelong was the higher ranked qualifying final winner.

2012 was because of rugby clash

Lot of incidents in games you think how the * do they keep going or how did they avoid injury, so much luck and of course strength/injections
I still find it hard to believe that Rowbottom played 15 games last year after this.

Screenshot 2021-10-10 at 12.11.06.png

Yet Swans fans think he won't be a loss if we don't resign him....
Most of those posts came after he had a poor game against St.Kilda.
Just like the Melbourne media , the last game played is the only one that has any relevance to a player's performance and everything done prior to that is completely forgotten.

This is a bit disappointing

The red V doesn’t represent success but rather tradition and a time of loyalty and heart in corrupt times. Tough times as a Swans supporter but also bonding times.

I was disappointed they didn’t run out in the red V for my personal love of the jumper but that’s a brief thing because we support the red and the white and just as happy to see the Opera house style as it’s the jumper that’s occupied most of my supporting years.

To dismiss the red V as something inferior is a shame.

They had an opportunity to wear it knowing it was a double chance and could quickly return to the home jumper. But club decision to wear the home jumper is fine.

As others have said everyone has the right to their opinion and can like what they like but I just find it a terrible shame that people can’t look past aesthetics and think more collectively that whatever we wear it’s our swans/bloods whether it’s our modern strip or part of our historical strip.

Anyway I do bang on a bit much about this topic
It is a shame that there are Swan supporters here who couldn't give a rat's about supporters of the club who don't live in Sydney.
As I've said previously, I've followed this club for 55 years as do my kids. As does my sister and all of her family.
Did you notice the huge amount of red & white at the MCG on Friday night. I would certainly suggest that the majority of those did not come from Sydney.
To suggest that "my club" only relates to post 1982 and who cares about what happened prior to that is just so short sighted.

It is a shame that there are Swan supporters here who couldn't give a rat's about supporters of the club who don't live in Sydney.
As I've said previously, I've followed this club for 55 years as do my kids. As does my sister and all of her family.
Did you notice the huge amount of red & white at the MCG on Friday night. I would certainly suggest that the majority of those did not come from Sydney.
To suggest that "my club" only relates to post 1982 and who cares about what happened prior to that is just so short sighted.
It's only 1 and they've tuned out

just for the record I love the entire club history, I just like the current Jumper best
I'd love us to wear a red sash on a white jumper sometime and belt Essendon and Richmond in back to back weeks in it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with King, the Home jumper should be worn during the Finals, just not in the terms he put. The club never made a commitment to wearing the Red V during finals played in Melbourne so its not a huge deal that we wore the Home jumper last weekend. The only time we should go against that is if there is a clash but that would likely be against the Queensland clubs in away finals more than anything.

You look at this year and we have two in the All Australian team.
After we win the flag this year, I guarantee we will have at least 4 next year even though they may not have played any better than this year.
The media and the so called footy experts are completely swayed by the past and perception. Take Melbourne as an example. Three weeks ago they were "on shaky ground and had a number of issues to be addressed". They then thrashed Brisbane and because of that one game they then became "their best is still the best in the AFL. They are back". Next game we beat them on their own dunghill. All of a sudden everything that was said about them a week ago is now forgotten and it's back to where they were three weeks ago.
The Victorian media only have a memory span of one week, Everything that happened prior to that is completely irrelevant.

again! ... the general commentary and headlines over the weekend were about how sydney "shocked" and "upset" melbourne ...
another example of that ignorance and short-term attention span
it was second v third and the only clash between the teams this season was that swans win at the mcg
the only people "shocked" and "upset" were the vic footy "experts" who foolishly expected a demons win

I agree with King, the Home jumper should be worn during the Finals, just not in the terms he put. The club never made a commitment to wearing the Red V during finals played in Melbourne so its not a huge deal that we wore the Home jumper last weekend. The only time we should go against that is if there is a clash but that would likely be against the Queensland clubs in away finals more than anything.
Agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back