Goulburn Valley FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problems with your observations-some facts- I placed one tweet that was open ended about the team weeks ago. Yes, perhaps a mistake. I can assure you that there is no ego involved. I can also say that not one player approached me about my coaching.I had three reviews in my time and they were all player driven and the reviews were positive. I also had a leading teams session and was told areas that I needed to improve in- I think I adapted to that. Don't know who you are and don't really care but I can tell you that I did my best and am very disappointed. Whatever anyone thinks of me is none of my business but I will strongly stress that ego is not part of my character. Pretty sick of potshots but thats the life of a coach:rolleyes:

:thumbsu:

As suggested not having a go at any player just the concept players are coming from Timbucktoo and because they were once "locals" play for next to nothing. Its been written all year and still isnt right.
I think you will find Height and Archard are being renumerated as well as anyone in country footy and good luck to them as they are being paid for the players they are.

In my opinion you need to read before you try and stand up for something you dont understand. Nuff said.

What mail do you have that suggests they are being paid that much? Your just another clown that doesn't know sheet from shoe polish and spends more time speculating that getting facts. That's absolute crap. There are players in teh Picola league who couldn't kick over a jam tin on more then these blokes. They have decided to give back to the local club by accepting less money and should be applauded....

What mail do you have that suggests they are being paid that much? Your just another clown that doesn't know sheet from shoe polish and spends more time speculating that getting facts. That's absolute crap. There are players in teh Picola league who couldn't kick over a jam tin on more then these blokes. They have decided to give back to the local club by accepting less money and should be applauded.... Goose.

haha this is laughable. is so, id like to know who these picola league players were.

What mail do you have that suggests they are being paid that much? Your just another clown that doesn't know sheet from shoe polish and spends more time speculating that getting facts. That's absolute crap. There are players in teh Picola league who couldn't kick over a jam tin on more then these blokes. They have decided to give back to the local club by accepting less money and should be applauded....

what mail do you have that I'm wrong?throw it out there happy to read your logic.

I did have to laugh because after bagging me for speculating you did it yourself in regards to players in the Picola League.

Time for a mirror. Take a good hard look.

No problems with your observations-some facts- I placed one tweet that was open ended about the team weeks ago. Yes, perhaps a mistake. I can assure you that there is no ego involved. I can also say that not one player approached me about my coaching.I had three reviews in my time and they were all player driven and the reviews were positive. I also had a leading teams session and was told areas that I needed to improve in- I think I adapted to that. Don't know who you are and don't really care but I can tell you that I did my best and am very disappointed. Whatever anyone thinks of me is none of my business but I will strongly stress that ego is not part of my character. Pretty sick of potshots but thats the life of a coach:rolleyes:
To the Echuca coach who i believed had the toughest job in the state, coaching that team full of those egos, u did a great job the boys playing for u and there club let you down. Your gonna be made the scapegoat because thats how they roll at echuca blame the ringin, it doesn,t help u coached down the road either mind u, but at least your moved a fair fair fair way up the ladder to when u were down the road, in class i mean!!!!

Good standard of GF today, United were just too good in the end, but never the less the Cats really took it up to them.

Good standard of GF today, United were just too good in the end, but never the less the Cats really took it up to them.

I travelled down to the gvfl grand final today hoping to see a great game of footy. And for the most part I did. Although I was disgusted to see one of the worst dog acts I've ever seen on the footy field. After a united set shot just on half time, no # 12 TIM looby for SU, after the ball had gone through for a point, landed a shocking king hit from behind on mooroopna defender Chris schirmer in the goal square. It was completely pre-meditated and unnecessary and a the act of a total coward. Looby was yellow carded and I beleive reported ( should have been a red card) I reckon if the camera caught it he will go for 12 weeks at least. I really hope the GVFL make an example out of this sniper and give him 200 weeks like the kid from echuca who did a similar thing. Poor form Looby i hope your happy with yourself , unlike your team-mates , you dont deserve that premiership medal :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I travelled down to the gvfl grand final today hoping to see a great game of footy. And for the most part I did. Although I was disgusted to see one of the worst dog acts I've ever seen on the footy field. After a united set shot just on half time, no # 12 TIM looby for SU, after the ball had gone through for a point, landed a shocking king hit from behind on mooroopna defender Chris schirmer in the goal square. It was completely pre-meditated and unnecessary and a the act of a total coward. Looby was yellow carded and I beleive reported ( should have been a red card) I reckon if the camera caught it he will go for 12 weeks at least. I really hope the GVFL make an example out of this sniper and give him 200 weeks like the kid from echuca who did a similar thing. Poor form Looby i hope your happy with yourself , unlike your team-mates , you dont deserve that premiership medal :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Very poor form by Looby. Almost cost them the game. He really deserved to be hit after continuously going round and sniping smaller players than himself. Seriously think it wasn't the right time for Looby to do what he did but the big fella had to cop something eventually!!

Didn't see the game, so cant comment on Looby, but on a positive note, congrats to Nathan Gemmill on a stellar career, that isn't finished yet, but has included:

4 flags at nathalia
2 flags at Shepp United
1 flag at Rochester
5 club b&f's (and 5 runners up)
1 League medal (and 2 runners up)
BOG medal in a winning premiership side

Enviable record by a good bloke and outstanding player

Very poor form by Looby. Almost cost them the game. He really deserved to be hit after continuously going round and sniping smaller players than himself. Seriously think it wasn't the right time for Looby to do what he did but the big fella had to cop something eventually!!

"He really deserved to be hit after continuously going round and sniping smaller players" What a ridiculous comment. No one deserves to be hit from behind as they are about to head to the half time huddle. If Looby had a problem with schirmers treatment of his team-mates im sure schirmer would of been happy to discuss it toe to toe, rather than the cowardly act that followed.

"Seriously think it wasn't the right time for Looby to do what he did"
When is the right time to do what he did? I would say never!

Based on the brutality of the act and the fact it happened well after the half time siren I wouldnt at all be suprised if the GVFL refer the video to the police for criminal charges to be layed as has been done in other leagues when similar incidents occur.

Agree in part with what you say was a cheap shot , however Schirmer had given several cheap ones of his own before hand and was only a matter of time before he was dealt one back.The old "what comes around goes around".As for 200 weeks you might wanna get your hand off it,probably deserves at tops 4 was a crap thing to do and looked bad but Schirmer got up and other than a bit dazed for a bit was fine .Thought Looby played a good last quarter and probably had too as not sure how he would look his team mates in the eye if they had of lost.If it was'nt for that happening was gonna be all over at 3/4 time in my opinion.As United looked far to quick and played a lot better in the first half.
Mooroopna really surprised me and took it right up to United who in the end probably had more running in the legs at the end.Was a good day though !!

Just wondering why Perc Roberts wasn't playing for Mooroopna? Have had a look the past few weeks and haven't seen his name in the team list. Is he injured? Left the Cats?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see the game, so cant comment on Looby, but on a positive note, congrats to Nathan Gemmill on a stellar career, that isn't finished yet, but has included:

4 flags at nathalia
2 flags at Shepp United
1 flag at Rochester

Nath is an absolute gem, spent time on the Geelong supp list quite a while ago too. Played an absolute blinder yesterday!

Agree in part with what you say was a cheap shot , however Schirmer had given several cheap ones of his own before hand and was only a matter of time before he was dealt one back.The old "what comes around goes around".As for 200 weeks you might wanna get your hand off it,probably deserves at tops 4 was a crap thing to do and looked bad but Schirmer got up and other than a bit dazed for a bit was fine .Thought Looby played a good last quarter and probably had too as not sure how he would look his team mates in the eye if they had of lost.If it was'nt for that happening was gonna be all over at 3/4 time in my opinion.As United looked far to quick and played a lot better in the first half.
Mooroopna really surprised me and took it right up to United who in the end probably had more running in the legs at the end.Was a good day though !!

I was watching the game and thought schirmer was just his usual physically agressive player at the body. I certainly didnt see anything behind the play that would in anyway justify what happened. The clashes he did have in the play did result in a few free kicks but nothing even enough for the umpire to award a 50m penalty let alone bad enough for a yellow card.

I thought the game was fantastic spectacle in great weather at a brillant venue. I also thought the best team on the day, and for the season, won. Just a shame in modern day football some players feel that it acceptable to act like dogs and king hit players from behind. TIM LOOBY IS A COWARD

Came up from Melbourne to watch the game yesterday. Great game of footy. What was the crowd attendance for the game?

4 flags at nathalia
2 flags at Shepp United
1 flag at Rochester

Gotta agree there, absolute champion! Outstanding player.
He doesn't have to finish his career at Nathalia though, I would be more than happy for him to come have a run at Stanhope with his old mate Hoota Gray ;)

Mooroopna really surprised me and took it right up to United who in the end probably had more running in the legs at the end.Was a good day though !![/QUOTE
Tim Looby is far from a coward. Chris schirmer is a filthy pig who normally goes after small players. I have watched him 6 times this year and is probably the best puncher/spoiler in the gv but I reckon I've seen acts that should have been reported 6-8 times. Peanut!!
I was watching the game and thought schirmer was just his usual physically agressive player at the body. I certainly didnt see anything behind the play that would in anyway justify what happened. The clashes he did have in the play did result in a few free kicks but nothing even enough for the umpire to award a 50m penalty let alone bad enough for a yellow card.

I thought the game was fantastic spectacle in great weather at a brillant venue. I also thought the best team on the day, and for the season, won. Just a shame in modern day football some players feel that it acceptable to act like dogs and king hit players from behind. TIM LOOBY IS A COWARD

I think you've put it very nicely intimidator. Schirmer doesn't always play the footy, hence the reason a few on here are suggesting he's owed a few cheap ones.

Pretty sure Simon McCarty stepped down as Rochy coach. Rumour is Peter White might be taking over...?

Like most in the district, Rochy are having a crack at Grant Weeks, and are also a chance to get Rosa.

I think you've put it very nicely intimidator. Schirmer doesn't always play the footy, hence the reason a few on here are suggesting he's owed a few cheap ones.

Not really what I was getting at. I meant any contact he makes from what ive seen is made in the form of body contact i:e hip and shoulder. As apposed to king hitting somone from behind like Looby. Regardless nothing and no prior incident excuses the dog act from Looby in the grand final

Not really what I was getting at. I meant any contact he makes from what ive seen is made in the form of body contact i:e hip and shoulder. As apposed to king hitting somone from behind like Looby. Regardless nothing and no prior incident excuses the dog act from Looby in the grand final

Ive seen him throw plenty of elbows too. Just like the one against Echuca. Saw the footage of that and he was very very lucky to be playing!!

Ive seen him throw plenty of elbows too. Just like the one against Echuca. Saw the footage of that and he was very very lucky to be playing!!

Come on ranga your seriously not trying to justify what looby did by a report that was thrown out in 20 min that involved and echuca player the week before. Despite your opinion Schirmer hasn't missed a single game due to suspension in his 15+ years of footy. Like I said before, as a spectator, I don't care who the victim was, It's a gutless cowardly dog act to king hit somone from behind as they head to their half time huddle, and it disgusted me to watch it. I hope the GVFL make an example of looby as this sort of thing can tarnish the games reputation especially with families with young kids.

Just wondering why Perc Roberts wasn't playing for Mooroopna? Have had a look the past few weeks and haven't seen his name in the team list. Is he injured? Left the Cats?

Injured his quad two weeks before finals, tried to get up for first final and the prelim but reinjured it both times on the Friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back