Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benalla blew that - had 10 more Inside 50s over the day and 7 more scoring shots and that's not including several shots that missed everything.

Swans backline was superb all day, but especially in the last term. Lovick and Finnen were great in the back half. Daniels, Preece, Chapman, Sidebottom, Childs and Betson were good.

Benalla's best players were okay without being great. Smith was superb.

Wasn't the best standard, but it was close all day.

H
Benalla blew that - had 10 more Inside 50s over the day and 7 more scoring shots and that's not including several shots that missed everything.

Swans backline was superb all day, but especially in the last term. Lovick and Finnen were great in the back half. Daniels, Preece, Chapman, Sidebottom, Childs and Betson were good.

looking at the scores.. Couldn't have been entertianing footy.
Who got the best player awards

H
looking at the scores.. Couldn't have been entertianing footy.
Who got the best player awards

Wilf Cox - Sidebottom (which I didn't agree with)
VCFL medal - Daniels (which was right imo)
Best finals player - Squire (Swans - he was very good today, especially early)

I reckon Benalla put the ball out on the full about 5 times having shots at goal - at least. The old story about bad kicking in Grand Finals hurting a side.

But the Swans defence was terrific, held up time and time again under pressure.

Jamason Daniels was great, absolute star.

Bit of a shame the wind didn't help the quality of the game but that's footy. It was exciting until the end with the low scoreline.

Well done Swans and Warby....Benalla now have the challenge to rebound next year. Being undefeated and with conditions like today's Benalla were there for the taking!
Yeah good call - lots of brave efforts but terrible standard - not enough composure by Benalla - never mind - come back next year and try again - importantly the Benalla club looks to have found support of locals and has a good feel about it.

Well done Shepp Swanns, thoroughly deserved. Can only imagine the atmosphere at Princess Park tonight ...

Any word on the coaching vacancies in the league?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Swans and Warby....Benalla now have the challenge to rebound next year. Being undefeated and with conditions like today's Benalla were there for the taking!
Caps off a year of interesting results. Plenty of favourites have gone down across the state including the big one yesterday. Just goes to show, make finals first then set the ultimate goal.

Thank god benalla didn't win! Couldn't handle luke morgan winning a flag! Commiserations to the rest of the club thou

Pretty callous call Johnno given what the club and town has been through this year, and the manner in which Morgan has built a side predominantly around its Junior program over a couple of years. That said, footy is a harsh mistress!

Wilf Cox - Sidebottom (which I didn't agree with)
VCFL medal - Daniels (which was right imo)
Best finals player - Squire (Swans - he was very good today, especially early)
Side bottom was allowed to run loose all day and as such I thought he was BOG.
I thought at 3 q time benalla should have thrown Lachie smith foward and put one of the rucks into the back line as they were only taking up space around the ground

I imagine he will continue living in Rochester, running his business and following his several daughters pursuits. I reckon a godfather type role at the footy club might be on the cards.

Jeez, imagine being the potential suitor of one of his daughters and having to meet Dad!!

Word has it Morgan stole johnnos girlfriend in primary school and johnnos been sour on him ever since:p
Think if u asked players from around the league they would tell u they don't like the way he goes about things!
Annddddd let's not forget the quotes from him in the paper week in week out! Always me, me, me and me! I think he enjoys his own work quite a lot!

Think if u asked players from around the league they would tell u they don't like the way he goes about things!
Annddddd let's not forget the quotes from him in the paper week in week out! Always me, me, me and me! I think he enjoys his own work quite a lot!

I'd be pretty happy with my own work if it was of similar quality of his....obviously yesterday's result excluded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back