Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess the reality is that it's purely conjecture. Only the relevant people on the Kyabram committee and Sherman should really know. While I am yet to see him play they appear to be travelling okay at 5 - 2 with one 'bad' loss to a Mansfield side that probably will end up threatening the final six.

Turbo might know what he was being paid at Pacco so that might be a good starting point in the guessing game of alleged over-payment!

I still like Watson, Sidebottom and Daniels. And I wouldn't mnd Looby in my team for what it's worth!

Hey Silver, since you asked me I believe his on about 65k a year over 2 yrs (non neg) to capt/coach. If KY were smart they would have a clause in the contract that he plays a minimum number of games as his injury prone but I have noticed his played most games this year. I do know he shopped himself around some GV clubs. *for the money is was asking he should be playing on ball, and a match winner..

PS: before GV people jump all over me, I didn't start this conversation nor am I potting him, just stating some truths, but his capt/coach, recently out of AFL and still relatively young..

Hey cloud-street! I noticed in the shepp news Luke stated that the axe would fall on senior players this week! Then saw their were not too many changes from last weeks side in the paper?
Care to shed some light on this?
Yes I was a bit surprised at selection going on what Luke said in the paper.I would think that there are a couple of players on their last chance to play as instructed
Jake Palpratt only had a minor tear in his ACL and doesn't require surgery so should be right in 5 to 6 weeks
As for in fighting,the spirit probably isn't as strong as it has been in the past 2 seasons but I suppose that comes with some disappointing loses
Its a really good test for Luke as coach as he has had a pretty good run so far but I know from his demeanour he has a steely resolve to pull the club out of the hole they have found themselves in.
It is too good a list to be sitting at 3 and 4

Yes I was a bit surprised at selection going on what Luke said in the paper.I would think that there are a couple of players on their last chance to play as instructed
Jake Palpratt only had a minor tear in his ACL and doesn't require surgery so should be right in 5 to 6 weeks
As for in fighting,the spirit probably isn't as strong as it has been in the past 2 seasons but I suppose that comes with some disappointing loses
Its a really good test for Luke as coach as he has had a pretty good run so far but I know from his demeanour he has a steely resolve to pull the club out of the hole they have found themselves in.
It is too good a list to be sitting at 3 and 4

Very important game today for both Benalla and Echuca. Echuca need a win after a lean month and in all honesty they can't afford to finish bottom 2 this year. Obviously if benalla go 3/5 you would say that it would almost be impossible for them to impact in September and the window could be closed for sometime.

Very important game today for both Benalla and Echuca. Echuca need a win after a lean month and in all honesty they can't afford to finish bottom 2 this year. Obviously if benalla go 3/5 you would say that it would almost be impossible for them to impact in September and the window could be closed for sometime.

Agree Ringo.

Your boy Joe Atley picked for Rochy today against Seymour today. Should be intetesting!

Bit of a strange round today - Euroa & United draw, Mansfield beating Mooroopna, Kyabram beating Swans by 100 points and Rochy a good win at Seymour.

Some really good games next week- Mansfield @ Rochy, Kyabram @ Euroa while Seymour & Swans fight for sixth place.

Yes mate..he should fit right in hopefully...hopefully you get to see it

Yes mate did the 4 hour road trip but Atley looked quite comfortable in senior footy and got a welcome tap on the chin by Scopel. A feisty pair those Scopels from Seymour. Rory gave away several ill-disciplined free kicks in the last term. Rochy had a strong win considering Flaherty was off with a knee in 2nd half. Thought Stroobants, Anderson and Millard were very good. Trent Bacon and Mitch Bright handy indeed. Has Paul Scanlon been doing some serious gym sessiobs in the past few years. Still can play but looks more like a body builder than a footballer! Still has exquisite kicking skills though!

Saad is still Saad but a little slower ... can still leap but gave away a few cheap freekicks. A bloke next to me described him as 'a poor man's Steve Stroobants ....'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Flaherty's injury serious? I see that Rochy also had Bowen and Aitken missing. Are they back soon?
Not exctly sure about Flaherty's knee but can't be too serious as he stood coaching from sidelines throughout 2nd half. Bowen has a quad so maybe another 2 weeks includng the bye to be safe. Aiken concussion. Brennan 3 more weeks suspension.

Not exctly sure about Flaherty's knee but can't be too serious as he stood coaching from sidelines throughout 2nd half. Bowen has a quad so maybe another 2 weeks includng the bye to be safe. Aiken concussion. Brennan 3 more weeks suspension.

Rochy doing well considering all that. Very good win today. Rochy appeared to get an early lead, then Seymour fought back before Rochy took control in the second half.

Rochy doing well considering all that. Very good win today. Rochy appeared to get an early lead, then Seymour fought back before Rochy took control in the second half.

Correct Brad. Stroobants kicked 3 in about 10 minutes in 1st quarter and it looked like how far .... then Seymour fought bck through Cole and Robertson particularly. A pretty dour affair followed until Rochy got their run back in the third quarter. Seymour certainly threatened. O'keefe got injured which didn't help the lions.

That was a fair flogging ringo, did you see the game? Was Benalla finally provoked into action after 4 losses or is Echuca far worse than any of us imagined? Given some of the names on the Murrey Bombers list I am surprised at the constant beltings.

Club is financial...in a good position so thats the easy call. Getting harder to recruit players and for some reason many talented youngsters go elsewhere.

Is the departure of these talented youngsters core footy club related or is it due to other drivers such as: tertiary opportunities elsewhere, money in district leagues, employment, schools like St Pats Ballarat offering free footy scholarships?

Is the departure of these talented youngsters core footy club related or is it due to other drivers such as: tertiary opportunities elsewhere, money in district leagues, employment, schools like St Pats Ballarat offering free footy scholarships?
Mate its hard to keep young locals in town with Uni and work opportunities. The scholarships hit the Tac Cup pretty hard. Money in district leagues doesn't help and there are probably a good handful of talented footballers playing elsewhere in the area as a result. I firmly believe ( and I have copped some grief over this) that the Bendigo league is the better long term option for a number of reasons. The club is in good hands with both the coach and president atm.

Mate its hard to keep young locals in town with Uni and work opportunities. The scholarships hit the Tac Cup pretty hard. Money in district leagues doesn't help and there are probably a good handful of talented footballers playing elsewhere in the area as a result. I firmly believe ( and I have copped some grief over this) that the Bendigo league is the better long term option for a number of reasons. The club is in good hands with both the coach and president atm.
With Latrobe in Bendigo having a lot of students I can see the sense in heading that way as it might be a chance to hang to some good young players but I can't see the other Bendigo clubs being too keen. Echuca would be the second longest drive and, unlike Gisborne with Kyneton and Castlemaine in between, stands out on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back