Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic news if this comes to fruition. As an outsider looking in, Ky and Benalla look well oiled machines as clubs. Largely strong teams across the grades. Big followings.

With all the Sherman discussion, it still baffles me how Ky made the big dance. Maybe the playing group accepted early on that he coached from a distance and Sheldon would be more hands on. Unsure.

The league is in good stead if Ky recruit the above players and as the Shepp News reported today, Benalla keep most of their list (after also winning the thirds flag and their seconds giving the eventual premiers a fair shake in the prelim). The other clubs are going to have to work & recruit that bit harder yet again.

Any news on other clubs recruiting progress?

Fair points Passenger and you know Rochy need a big forward and a large ruckman to compete against Benalla. Weekes will be the large forward, but I hear Sirrett may have gone cold. They also need a couple of big bodies ... as currently only Flaherty can match those large Benalla forwards. Large men who can play command big dollars!

Fantastic news if this comes to fruition. As an outsider looking in, Ky and Benalla look well oiled machines as clubs. Largely strong teams across the grades. Big followings.

With all the Sherman discussion, it still baffles me how Ky made the big dance. Maybe the playing group accepted early on that he coached from a distance and Sheldon would be more hands on. Unsure.

The league is in good stead if Ky recruit the above players and as the Shepp News reported today, Benalla keep most of their list (after also winning the thirds flag and their seconds giving the eventual premiers a fair shake in the prelim). The other clubs are going to have to work & recruit that bit harder yet again.

Any news on other clubs recruiting progress?

Hearing a former Mooroopna coach could be back at the helm next year. Peter White a more than worthy candidate one would think

Fair points Passenger and you know Rochy need a big forward and a large ruckman to compete against Benalla. Weekes will be the large forward, but I hear Sirrett may have gone cold. They also need a couple of big bodies ... as currently only Flaherty can match those large Benalla forwards. Large men who can play command big dollars!

So Weeks is definitely heading back to Rochy??

P Newman..its a lock!
Paul Newman not a lock, but a 70/30 to come back to ky. Reeves 90% chance of coming back, talk Williamstown player who is an ex ky boy Brad Mangan is keen to come back if Paul Newman does as well as a package deal Kayne petifer and Craig Ednie, wouldn't be surprised if ky knock Pets and ednie back as pets isn't the best role model for the younger blokes. T Holman will not play at ky next year either, still chasing the dream.

Heard a rumour Echuca and Kyabram are hot on Lachie Smith's tail. Girlfriend from Ky originally? Led to believe Echuca think they're a fair shot at getting him.
Your on the money reddragger, smith will be playing at the same club as his girlfriend, groves. She is originally from EFNC but come to ky as she didn't like the club one bit. Highly doubt it will be Echuca and it won't be Benalla as he dislikes the drug culture of the club, and is to far for his girlfriend to travel just for netball.

Your on the money reddragger, smith will be playing at the same club as his girlfriend, groves. She is originally from EFNC but come to ky as she didn't like the club one bit. Highly doubt it will be Echuca and it won't be Benalla as he dislikes the drug culture of the club, and is to far for his girlfriend to travel just for netball.

With a girlfriend like Miss Elle, You do what she says

Paul Newman not a lock, but a 70/30 to come back to ky. Reeves 90% chance of coming back, talk Williamstown player who is an ex ky boy Brad Mangan is keen to come back if Paul Newman does as well as a package deal Kayne petifer and Craig Ednie, wouldn't be surprised if ky knock Pets and ednie back as pets isn't the best role model for the younger blokes. T Holman will not play at ky next year either, still chasing the dream.

Petts can't be to bad a role model, yarra have asked him to be on their coaching panel due to the fact that they love the they way he works with and teaches the kids at yarra. The best thing about all the guys that have been mentioned is they are all former locals. Liam Barrett will be a massive inclusion as well.
Benalla and ky look like being the teams to beat again.

Yea Football Netball Club
(YVMDFL Div.2) is seeking coaching expressions of interest for season 2016.

The club offers:
·Excellent home ground facilities
·Secure financial stability
·Supportive committee
·Strong junior and development programs
Suitable remuneration for the right candidate is negotiable and all applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.

Enquiries or applications can be sent to:
Daniel Evans (Yea FNC Pres.)
danieltevans7@gmail.com or 0458532967.

Petts can't be to bad a role model, yarra have asked him to be on their coaching panel due to the fact that they love the they way he works with and teaches the kids at yarra. The best thing about all the guys that have been mentioned is they are all former locals. Liam Barrett will be a massive inclusion as well.

Funny hearing all this talk about Benalla keeping all their list. When all I have heard is mass exits from the club? Morgan, palprats, Martyns, priest! Had nobody else heard the same thing?

With a girlfriend like Miss Elle, You do what she says
Yeah but she won't go back to Echuca even know smith has been offered 1200+ and a job. And he wants to leave Benalla, so there aren't a lot more options other then ky or back home to euroa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he played at ky last he wasn't the best role model, may of pulled his head in now, but he is only on the down now as his age and injuries will start coming into play, but still a great player. Have also heard Benalla will be losing a lot of players, i can't see them being a premiership contender, mellington has ****ed that club.

When he played at ky last he wasn't the best role model, may of pulled his head in now, but he is only on the down now as his age and injuries will start coming into play, but still a great player. Have also heard Benalla will be losing a lot of players, i can't see them being a premiership contender, mellington has stuffed that club.
I cant see how mellington stuffed the club he was a major contributor to benalla winning a premership. Sounds like sour grapes to me congratulations benalla you deserve it developed a lot of good players through your juniors.

When he played at ky last he wasn't the best role model, may of pulled his head in now, but he is only on the down now as his age and injuries will start coming into play, but still a great player. Have also heard Benalla will be losing a lot of players, i can't see them being a premiership contender, mellington has stuffed that club.

Haha, Bullet best you start thinking about some of these posts before you write them. Benalla just won the flag by 10 goals, there club is hardly stuffed. Think what you will of Mellington but the fact is he kicked a ton and 6 in a granny ( should have been more ). Benalla could afford to lose 4-5 players and still be a contender, remember there 3rds won the flag as well.
As for Petts, he kicked 60+ in the O&M this year and missed 4 games. Thats fair form I would think. Don't throw rocks in glass houses sun.

Haha, Bullet best you start thinking about some of these posts before you write them. Benalla just won the flag by 10 goals, there club is hardly stuffed. Think what you will of Mellington but the fact is he kicked a ton and 6 in a granny ( should have been more ). Benalla could afford to lose 4-5 players and still be a contender, remember there 3rds won the flag as well.
As for Petts, he kicked 60+ in the O&M this year and missed 4 games. Thats fair form I would think. Don't throw rocks in glass houses sun.
Why would I need to start thinking about the posts before I starting posting them? I think you may need to take a bit of your own medicine, yes Benalla won, just because they have won a grand final doesn't men the club isn't ****ed, the h culture is disgusting over there, and that's coming from players that play there. And of coarse he is going to kick a ton, he's an ex afl player, he should be doing that. And for petts, I don't know what your on about mate, I think he's is an absolute gun, it was him as a rolemodel to the younger kids that was questioned. And sour grapes, no sourness here mate. Just saying it how it is.

Great post mate.
It's not often premiership side's lose a large number of players unless there is money issues..

Yeah but she won't go back to Echuca even know smith has been offered 1200+ and a job. And he wants to leave Benalla, so there aren't a lot more options other then ky or back home to euroa.
You two must be on good talking terms, with the s**t you are talking Bullet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would I need to start thinking about the posts before I starting posting them? I think you may need to take a bit of your own medicine, yes Benalla won, just because they have won a grand final doesn't men the club isn't stuffed, the h culture is disgusting over there, and that's coming from players that play there. And of coarse he is going to kick a ton, he's an ex afl player, he should be doing that. And for petts, I don't know what your on about mate, I think he's is an absolute gun, it was him as a rolemodel to the younger kids that was questioned. And sour grapes, no sourness here mate. Just saying it how it is.

If the culture is stuffed and the players hate it so much why have they stuck together for the past 3 years. Im not a Benalla fan I actually follow Ky but you have to give credit where credit is due. They have come from the bottom of the ladder and finished top two on the ladder three years running. Most of this has been done with homegrown talent. There 3rds won the flag and the twos just missed out on a granny. Surely they are doing something right??
Time will tell if they all move on but for now just say well done and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back