Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never suggested they be encouraged to go from club to club Roar.

I meant have an AFL employed zone JDO who is employed to do the following:

Support and one on one advice to club junior coaches especially those new to it.

Promote club football within their zone.

Promote respect (healthy rivalry) between clubs and leagues discouraging poaching young players.

Talk to players making transition to senior football and working with clubs to help that transition more successful numbers wise.

Clubs still running their own JDO programs and promoting their clubs. However sometimes especially district clubs struggle to have experienced people and their junior numbers suffer.

We are screaming out about losing volunteers well junior coaches is one area I see becoming a problem
And it's not one you can resolve via tendering out or other means. You need coaches.
The clubs affiliation fees are currently paying for 3 AFL development managers , within the Gm region , whose role encompass all that you have put forward .

The clubs affiliation fees are currently paying for 3 AFL development managers , within the Gm region , whose role encompass all that you have put forward .

ok well is that going to be money well spent?

I admit if I was paying $10k?? I would want someone at my club working just with our club at least 10 weeks of the season.

ok well is that going to be money well spent?

I admit if I was paying $10k?? I would want someone at my club working just with our club at least 10 weeks of the season.
Affiliation fees which all vic country clubs pay , around $4k which covers insurance development and all other vic country services .
$10k ADmin fee is solely to do league admin such as draws etc etc

$10k per club admin fee?? So that's $120,000 for GV??

Righto what does that include exactly?? What doesn't it include?? do clubs then get all finals money as a dividend?? What do clubs see as the benefits?

Gents just watching the thread and thought I would join. The decision to join the RAC was taken after over 12 months of discussion and negotiation. A decision not lightly taken. Judging by the reaction to last weeks Presidents meeting with the RAC the level of service has risen considerably already. I think we need to be careful when quoting figures and comparing apples with apples. The league is no worse off than last year and we are now, as a league administration, in the 21st century. Cant wait for the RAC's expertise to kick in but given the state of the leagues commercial arrangements I wouldn't expect too much in the first 12 months. There is a lot of tidying up to do.

Gents just watching the thread and thought I would join. The decision to join the RAC was taken after over 12 months of discussion and negotiation. A decision not lightly taken. Judging by the reaction to last weeks Presidents meeting with the RAC the level of service has risen considerably already. I think we need to be careful when quoting figures and comparing apples with apples. The league is no worse off than last year and we are now, as a league administration, in the 21st century. Cant wait for the RAC's expertise to kick in but given the state of the leagues commercial arrangements I wouldn't expect too much in the first 12 months. There is a lot of tidying up to do.
cueball are you suggesting that the leagues admin fees haven't increased ? I'd also suggest it is quite rough to suggest that the gvfl 's previous structure was in anyway negligent in its commercial dealings based on the financial dilemma the league faced not so long ago and the position it is in now .

Last edited:
What I am saying is when you compare an 84 year old man being paid 12k a year to manage a league against what it would cost to go to the market place and hire a league manager for approx. 70k a year we are well ahead on the new deal. In addition to that we no longer have the running costs of the additional staff at Dunkirk Ave. So when you way it all up there is not much in it and given the benefits we are already seeing its a no brainer. The fees for the clubs have not been set by the board as yet so we don't know what we will be paying.

What I am saying is when you compare an 84 year old man being paid 12k a year to manage a league against what it would cost to go to the market place and hire a league manager for approx. 70k a year we are well ahead on the new deal. In addition to that we no longer have the running costs of the additional staff at Dunkirk Ave. So when you way it all up there is not much in it and given the benefits we are already seeing its a no brainer. The fees for the clubs have not been set by the board as yet so we don't know what we will be paying.
Are you on the commission;)

Geez cut personal stuff. Compare $$$ hey. I understand that gentleman did a great job turning things around for the league not sure he deserves that.

You a politician by any chance?

A lot of leagues paid small amount to administrators. All you needed to say was previously we paid $12k to the manager and what is the figure for additional staff?

Now what are RAC charging and what were the league paying before for the additional staff?

What service does RAC provide or planned to provide?

I'm genuinely interested.

So contrary to your first post on here the league (clubs) are paying more for administration than last year ?
Yet by your equation the league would be better off with the admin centre due to other employees needing to be employed if the league employed someone for $70k ?
Maybe if someone was paid $70k they wouldn't need anyone else?
What about the sponsorship commission ?
Why would you want to get rid of a person who was doing that job for 12k a year and dragged the league out of the financial trash heap and allegedly into a position of $500k of wealth ?
What is this improved expertise you mention, that is now being seen ? You might also want to be careful that one of the leagues sponsors, who are putting in good money are happy with the alleged drop off in benefits and that they aren't offended by comments like ' but given the state of the leagues commercial arrangements I wouldn't expect too much in the first 12 months ' . ;)

Last edited:
Which club are you president of ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hub probably allows the greatest opportunity for leagues to work together for the good of the game in this area.
I am an optimist, in that I hope decisions are made that increase participation and rectify the issues challenging country footy.
It could become a great big mess... will have to wait and see.

The Hub probably allows the greatest opportunity for leagues to work together for the good of the game in this area.
I am an optimist, in that I hope decisions are made that increase participation and rectify the issues challenging country footy.

the concept yes grasskat I agree. But im waiting on detail to judge. It's sounding rather costly but too early for me to call.

You would think if it's such a great change there wouldn't be an issue in talking about it on here?

I agree that the leagues should work together for the betterment of the game . It formed part of review by peter Jackson in 2012(??) as did greater input from clubs and leagues on localised decisions and reduced admin costs .
However the hub / commission appear to be looking to reduce the communication between leagues / clubs , reduce transparency , increase costs and also force decisions made in the city upon clubs and leagues without any consultation with club and leagues .
Commonly called money grabbing and dictating .

Love reading bigfooty and always appreciate the insightfulness on the GV thread but the last page and a half is the most boring continues conversation Ive ever read.
Who has practise matches coming up.Benalla play Keilor on the 7th of March at Benalla and then Lavington and Albury away on the 14th and 21st.

Love reading bigfooty and always appreciate the insightfulness on the GV thread but the last page and a half is the most boring continues conversation Ive ever read.
Who has practise matches coming up.Benalla play Keilor on the 7th of March at Benalla and then Lavington and Albury away on the 14th and 21st.

Well sorry to have bored you. But guess what many of us talking spend hours on tasks that can be bloody boring just so players can get out there and have a great time some of you getting paid heaps for the pleasure of playing which we have worked hard to raise. So I think asking for a bit of space to thrash out some pretty serious issues shouldn't be too much to ask.
Yes I speak like a cranky old grandmother because I am one!!!
Now carry on...

Heh Guys, love the passion !!!, Makes our game great!! Have to be up front and admit I wasn't in favour of the change BUT having said that, let's have faith in the administrators of the clubs who voted for change and see how things work out. This year is certainly unchartered waters so I will " hold fire " and see how the season unfolds. I don't admit to being up to speed with all the factors involved with the change but at least am happy to assess how the league progresses throughout the year. The ultimate assessment will be how our clubs assess the change.

Hey cloudstreet, if you don't like it, don't read it!

Heh Guys, love the passion !!!, Makes our game great!! Have to be up front and admit I wasn't in favour of the change BUT having said that, let's have faith in the administrators of the clubs who voted for change and see how things work out. This year is certainly unchartered waters so I will " hold fire " and see how the season unfolds. I don't admit to being up to speed with all the factors involved with the change but at least am happy to assess how the league progresses throughout the year. The ultimate assessment will be how our clubs assess the change.
A good view to have I reckon , all GV enthusiast shall ensure accountability . You don't have to go far back to see how quickly even the GVFL can fall into the s**t with complacency and showing blind faith in administrators .
Apparently it won't be long before there is alternative or rival to AFL Vic Country .

Looking forward to a great season and I hope that the GV can truly work toward being the best comp in country Vic. Not close yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back