Goulburn Valley General Thread 2011- 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

could be a few more on the move from tat besides murphy and little... will be interesting to see if they can find replacements of the same calibre(maybe not so much for little:D) ??

Interesting to see the move of Sidebottom to Swans. Given their ins they are sure to give lots of sides headaches during the season. Bit of a concern that not much is being said about Euroa. Benalla had alot of possibles 4 weeks ago but I haven't heard of any definates being signed. Mansfield always play their cards close to their chests so it may be we won't hear of much going on in the Eagles nest untill closer to the season commencing. Given what is known already the competition is definately going to be stronger and perhaps more even than last season.
See Pettifer has signed with Yarra, could only guess what he is on but it wouldn't be cheap? Value for money?? Doubt it

While the recruitment of Sidebottom and others is to be commended, dont the Swans lack support in the ruck for A'Vard and certainly need a CHB and FB. They have plenty of run and carry but its the big bodies in key positions that they lack.

While the recruitment of Sidebottom and others is to be commended, dont the Swans lack support in the ruck for A'Vard and certainly need a CHB and FB. They have plenty of run and carry but its the big bodies in key positions that they lack

CHB Dan logic signed along with side bottom and at least about 4 others read it on shep news

Not any superstars in the new recruits for united! What are peoples thoughts on quarrell yesterday? Seems alot are saying he was out of line and shouldnt comment on other clubs! I think i agree to be honest recruiting is what is you win some you lose some no need to carry on like a sook. not happy happy
Couldn't agree more MP they sooked last year when O'Sullivan left and went to the Swans now they are sooking about a former player that they had not been in contact with, and who has left a club from another league to join a club in the same league as them. They weren't to upset when Looby went across from the Swans.

Couldn't agree more MP they sooked last year when O'Sullivan left and went to the Swans now they are sooking about a former player that they had not been in contact with, and who has left a club from another league to join a club in the same league as them. They weren't to upset when Looby went across from the Swans.

Beat me to it

Ask joey "the ball grabber" perkovic..... Did hear words where said at a shepp night spot awhile back!!
I also heard that united hadnt even tried to get sidebottom back to the club and the swans were keen and beat them to it.... (thats if united were even guna try) Lets be honest united prob didnt have the budget to get him anyway as its all in huys,loobys,careys,eagles lap so would have been tough to fit him in! United have to get over it and really cant see them physically attacking him in rnd 2...plenty of verbal maybe but the media will build it up more than the clubs

Blake a chance to be drafted isn't he? JD rarely does two years at one club but you might have him nailed down? I hope you can cover them Hank. As I said in an earlier post if you can bring 4-5 A graders in then you'd be every chance
Justin Dorwood has signed on at Spotswood to play with his broter in law Jason Cloke and Wayne Patak has signed on at Aberfeldie in the Essendon District League.
Ryan Crawford has signed with Western Region club Deer Park for $ 30 K per season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justin Dorwood has signed on at Spotswood to play with his broter in law Jason Cloke and Wayne Patak has signed on at Aberfeldie in the Essendon District League.
Ryan Crawford has signed with Western Region club Deer Park for $ 30 K per season.

The amount of money Deer Park is throwing around is in fact obscene. There are 3-4 players on that figure. JD is a big loss, he was a huge loss for us in 2011 but he rarely suits up at the same club for two seasons.

The amount of money Deer Park is throwing around is in fact obscene. There are 3-4 players on that figure. JD is a big loss, he was a huge loss for us in 2011 but he rarely suits up at the same club for two seasons.

Hey ringo. I'm still hearing that archard going to echuca united. Also sean Morris maybe playing under a former coach of his.

Hey ringo. I'm still hearing that archard going to echuca united. Also sean Morris maybe playing under a former coach of his.

Ha yeah mate can confirm that sean Morris having a run around under a former coach. Will be good for his footy to go up a level. HTP you never seem to have the 'wrong mail' so it will be very interesting to see what happens. As Jayco said Rhys needs one game for life membership .

While the recruitment of Sidebottom and others is to be commended, dont the Swans lack support in the ruck for A'Vard and certainly need a CHB and FB. They have plenty of run and carry but its the big bodies in key positions that they lack.
I think you will find a couple of mature heads and bodies within the midfield will be key for the swans, watching them last game this year VS tat and another few games, they were unable to close. Run & Carry when they are up and about is the best in the league
But agree, 1 big body wouldnt hurt, but at the same time, almost every side could have one extra big man and your looking at whole different dynamic within the side

Been reading other leagues sites and there are some un-believable $$$ being quoted to top payed players.

As im not close to any clubs inner workings, what are the GVFL top players and coachs worth. ( Dont care who they are) just interested on what the leagues best, can earn.

Is it enough for a player fresh out of AFL to swing him to country footy instead of the VFL or Sanfl. What would a player like Cameron Wood comand in this league and how do we compare with other major leagues.

cheers in advance.

Been reading other leagues sites and there are some un-believable $$$ being quoted to top payed players.

As im not close to any clubs inner workings, what are the GVFL top players and coachs worth. ( Dont care who they are) just interested on what the leagues best, can earn.

Is it enough for a player fresh out of AFL to swing him to country footy instead of the VFL or Sanfl. What would a player like Cameron Wood comand in this league and how do we compare with other major leagues.

cheers in advance.

Good question OP; it seems like every season player wages go up & we hear 'money's killing local footy..' in short, top flight players in the GV would command $1,200-1,800/game, maybe more in some instances.. There are whispers that some ex-AFL players are being offered $60k/yr to play for some suburban clubs. I wouldn't be surprised if guy Campbell was on $30k at echuca united & last yr sidebottom got a reported $10k sign on at congupna, which was minute when compared with the alleged amount offered to Karl Norman by barooga this year (which he knocked back..)

Rochy picked up 3 good ones
South Bendigo mid Daniel Anderson. He was 6th in BFL medal this year and won South b and f 2011-2012

Also Golden Square prem. players Brayden Dorrington and Callum Sharp .... Dorrington in back half in 2012 prem. team. Sharp CHF in 2010 flag winners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back