Goulburn Valley General Thread 2011- 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

more info Ringo? Player signings seem to be country vic players with little or no VFL player experience excluding players from last year. Frankston V Bendigo match will have to be a must see based on who finishes bottom.....
Mate just looking at who they've signed suggests they would struggle against some sides with 12-14 AFL listed players. The affliated clubs have access to much better facilities, trainers, etc so I can't see how they would compete. Most of their signings played the majority of the season either in country leagues or in the AFL Development league. I can't see how a bloke who rucked for Kerang can compete against Cameron Wood, David Hille etc. Frankston will be much better but there will be some pain for Bendigo. Farrelly is a very good player but when you are travelling an hour to training and a good chance to get smashed every week it makes more sense to play at Echuca. I hope I'm wrong but sadly I don't see them being successful.

Mate heard Axel Childs is on board at KY

sweet child O mine..................he was starting to establish himself as first pick on baller at Echuca so big move. Why would he move? Worried about recruits taking a spot? Would be harder getting a run on ball at Ky with recruits I would think.

Big move for a younger kid.

sweet child O mine..................he was starting to establish himself as first pick on baller at Echuca so big move. Why would he move? Worried about recruits taking a spot? Would be harder getting a run on ball at Ky with recruits I would think.

From what I heard he was going to take his game to a new level this year. Really putting in the hard work in pre season to regain some form he had a few years back from all reports.
Shows the morals of the kid to abandon ship when it gets tough.

Dont think any of the recruits would take his spot-Edgar, Florance are Talls, Stevens more a winger-Buckley maybe but Axel has enough talent to play on ball in any side IMO

Yeah mate all over it and will add some real grunt to KY and a top quality person.

Top quality person my arse !!!! Leaves a club that developed him, nurtured him, paid him and rolled over backwards for him with his arrangements of travel from Melbourne etc and his Uni. To say Echuca is absolutely spewing is an understatement. Along with his money driven mate...Tom Sheldon, they are a major let down. Hope they can't sleep at night. Weak as piss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top quality person my arse !!!! Leaves a club that developed him, nurtured him, paid him and rolled over backwards for him with his arrangements of travel from Melbourne etc and his Uni. To say Echuca is absolutely spewing is an understatement. Along with his money driven mate...Tom Sheldon, they are a major let down. Hope they can't sleep at night. Weak as piss.

Sounds like to me like your a bit upset.... Did you have a bit of a man crush on Axel?????

Why do Echuca lose players to other clubs? If you look over the years they have had a few play at Rochy and Ky and even Tongala but not many from these towns would move and play. Must be a greater reason than dollars as they would get similar money anywhere and probably more in a lower league.
In saying that there are a few who have moved between Shepp clubs from one to the other but easier in a bigger town.

New thread ??
Yep I agree Road Runner, can a moderator at least start the 2013 thread considering we are nearing the end of January. Lets start it with, "Is there any loyalty left in country football or is it all about the dollars?" Taking into account posts of recent times, I think the almighty dollar rules more often than not.

Sounds like to me like your a bit upset.... Did you have a bit of a man crush on Axel?????
No....just respect people who are loyal to their club and honest with themselves....Prenda, Maddox etc have my respect...could have left for perceived better pastures but stuck it out and played in Flags etc. Others that have left Echuca to neighbouring clubs haven't played in flags nor have the respect so hence Echuca doesn't try to hard to keep them, but every now and then someone like Axel let's you down and it's hard to take when the club tries to create an environment for people to enjoy. Does that answer your smart arse question ? PS...Hope you have things under control !!!!!

Players leave Echuca because they haven't had a decent coach for years...there current coach Stewart is a bad choice, his arrogant and I love reading what he has to say in Mondays paper as he bags opposition clubs and the way they go about things even when they get rolled!!! Tosser

Carry on

Players leave Echuca because they haven't had a decent coach for years...there current coach Stewart is a bad choice, his arrogant and I love reading what he has to say in Mondays paper as he bags opposition clubs and the way they go about things even when they get rolled!!! Tosser

Carry on

I think culture ultimately lies within the playing group, they create a culture and it takes a hell of a lot of effort to change it! Young blokes come up, learn off the older blokes and act the same, when they r 18 and see older locals pissing off to other clubs for money or what not, so tht means when the time comes instead of staying they do the same. Makes sense

What about playing arena? Isn't the surface the worst in the league? I haven't been up there for a few years but from what I heard after the finals match played there last year, there was not one positive remark about Echuca being a finals venue.

Quite a few comments about a new thread needed for this season so I just started a new thread for the 2013 season....get on board now

What about playing arena? Isn't the surface the worst in the league? I haven't been up there for a few years but from what I heard after the finals match played there last year, there was not one positive remark about Echuca being a finals venue.

Golden square has the worst playing surface in Bendigo and it hasn't been much of a hindrance to them in regards to player retention over the last few years

I have always found him to be a ripping bloke-everyone is entitled to their opinion OTB !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back