Preview GRAND FINAL: Port Adelaide v Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Those rules only come into play once the AFL side has been knocked out of the finals. Since we're still in the finals, any non-selected Power listed player is eligible to play for the Magpies this week. If we'd lost last week, then those rules would have applied this week, but it's a moot point.
Wow, freaky! If the Power lose on Saturday do the rules cut in with less than 24 hours until the SANFL GF?

Wow, freaky! If the Power lose on Saturday do the rules cut in with less than 24 hours until the SANFL GF?
I highly doubt it'd change after selection.

Edit: Wow, I was right before!

I highly doubt it'd change after selection.

Edit: Wow, I was right before!

Given that set of circumstances the travelling emergencies for the AFL prelim could be players who will be ineligible for the SANFL gf if the Power don't get past the hawks.

I believe Impey and Mitchell are in that category, are there any others?

Correct, A. Young. As far as I know, while we're still in the AFL Finals, any PAFC player can play in the SANFL Finals. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong on that.

So if we don't get up on Saturday will the SANFL say that we are out of the finals thus ruling those players ineligible for Sunday.

Highly unlikely but I wouldn't put anything past those campaigners

I remember back to 1997 when Port took on Norwood. And a young power forward who had yet to make his mark in the AFL was forced to step up and ruck most of the day following an injury (I think) to Brett Chalmers. On the day I said to those I was with it may well be the making of him. Warren Tredrea from that point on was a fixture in the Power side.

I'm hoping history repeats itself, with John Butcher getting over his back injury, and making a name for himself on Sunday.

So if we don't get up on Saturday will the SANFL say that we are out of the finals thus ruling those players ineligible for Sunday ...
That was my point a few posts back when I said "... do the rules cut in with less than 24 hours until the SANFL GF? ...".
Mind you I sort of can't get too righteous about this. Having been involved in an admin role with local club footy the rules re topping up teams in finals are always rigid. And they can often seem harsh when applied to individuals.

That was my point a few posts back when I said "... do the rules cut in with less than 24 hours until the SANFL GF? ...".
Mind you I sort of can't get too righteous about this. Having been involved in an admin role with local club footy the rules re topping up teams in finals are always rigid. And they can often seem harsh when applied to individuals.
I know what you mean Powerstufff I was involved in a semi final win (many years ago now) after a number of players, including myself, were given verbal permission by the competitions admin to play as we were coming back from long term injuries incurred early in the season. The side we beat (by 16 goals) appealed and we ended up being kicked out of the finals on a forfeit.

The side we beat lost the GF by a few points.

Will the riverbank stand be open?
10649812_276914199167688_2253507033355074729_n.jpg

All public areas GA, incl. the highly prized black diamond area.

SANFL really should hire someone with at least a basic understanding of screen language.

Don't think I've ever watched one of the videos to the end.

They are s#it!

Does anyone know if Fox Footy will be showing the game live to us interstate ??

Or do I just listen to Radio Internet ( Live FM or 5AA) again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Butch might come in for Bruggemann. (My prediction)

Mitch Harvey could spent a fair bit of time in the ruck vs Baulderstone
Firstly, I'd love for Butch to come out and kick 5 but...
Got to feel for Bruges. Has been influential the entire season and may be dropped due to our charlton/primus rules.

FB: Nathan Krakouer, Tom Clurey, Sam Russell
HB: Campbell Heath, Lewis Stevenson, Karl Amon
C: Cameron Hitchcock, Steven Sumerton, Paul Stewart
HF: Darcy Byrne-Jones, Aaron Young, Daniel Flynn
FF: Brendon Ah Chee, Mitch Harvey, John Butcher
Foll: Mason Shaw, Sam Gray, Tom Logan
Interchange: Ben Newton, Jarman Impey, Kane Mitchell, Angus Bruggemann, Henry Slattery

In: John Butcher, Henry Slattery
Out: -

when we beat norwood earlier in the year, slattery tagged panoz, we also need bruggeman in the ruck, not sure if sam russell (or even flynn) are in our best 21 on the day, this dodgy system brought in to hurt us might really cost us on the most important day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back