Greedy AFL execs getting bonuses for attendance/ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

scalesofjustice

All Australian
Mar 6, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is the #1 reason why we will never have anything close to a fair fixture.

When the greedy pigs at AFL House starting putting fairness ahead of their bank accounts, Aussie Rules might be a level playing field.

#scrapthebonuses
#demetriousisagreedypig

Well someone won't be getting a bonus after tonight's crap!!

Let's think positively. Next week hawks vs tigers will be enormous especially if richmond beat freo this week.

It's just terrible business as well. Sacrificing long term growth of all 18 clubs and the game as a whole for short term growth that might be unsustainable. Demetriou's contracts were a joke. I hope Gillon isn't on the same deal and I hope the AFL commission have wised up.

I always laugh when people talk about the AFL as a non-profit organization.

Seems like plenty of people within the organization are making a healthy profit based on the performance and revenue of said organization.

Almoat as big a rort as the Church being "non profit".

Well someone won't be getting a bonus after tonight's crap!!

Let's think positively. Next week hawks vs tigers will be enormous especially if richmond beat freo this week.
I think we're a 50/50 to beat Freo, but we are literally no chance against Hawthorn. If we don't get embarrassed and can keep it within 40 points I'll be happy. There is no hope for any other side unfortunately.

It's just terrible business as well. Sacrificing long term growth of all 18 clubs and the game as a whole for short term growth that might be unsustainable. Demetriou's contracts were a joke. I hope Gillon isn't on the same deal and I hope the AFL commission have wised up.

as usual the AFL media are not asking questions of Fitz - bloody disgrace the lot of them.

as usual the AFL media are not asking questions of Fitz - bloody disgrace the lot of them.

Yes you are 100% correct.

I think there is a silent bargain between the putrid AFL media and the pigs in afl house about what should be reported and what should be emphasised by the media.

Does anyone really think the pigs in afl house didn't influence the reporting of the ASADA situation ? Demetriou was leaking to friendly journalists.

The AFL has a serious image problem and people are becoming disinterested in the artificiality of its product and cynical about the way it's presented.

Bonus? The poor *er who was responsible for the Essendon game is probably going to have to pay a fine

They still haven't got the message that it is all about the football. Last night we went to the MCG, apart from the result the 'experience' was awful. The boundary fence is now a brightly lit advertising hoarding with continually alternating ads. Even the quarter time break had some rowdy barrel game on, and as for half time I thought the voice of the G was back.
Why should we pay good money to watch a game of football when we are subjected to such auditory and visual torture?

They still haven't got the message that it is all about the football. Last night we went to the MCG, apart from the result the 'experience' was awful. The boundary fence is now a brightly lit advertising hoarding with continually alternating ads. Even the quarter time break had some rowdy barrel game on, and as for half time I thought the voice of the G was back.
Why should we pay good money to watch a game of football when we are subjected to such auditory and visual torture?

Theatre goers or footy fans? Who is running the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back