Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

Baffling, and reading the story - he was firing a gun to impress some girls.

Then ran away and hid behind some plants.

What goes through these guys' heads at times I'll never know.

Will the Packers hang on to him? They put out a press release which was non-committal. They don't seem to be the type of organisation to put up with these sorts of shenanigans though.

First Guion and now Quarless.

They held onto Guion, they may hold onto Quarless as well. Muppets. Both of them. You can add Datone Jones to that mix as well.

Brett Favre praises staff and team at Packers Hall of Fame induction

Brett Favre was inducted into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame on Saturday at Lambeau Field.

Posted: Sat Jul. 18, 2015

The Green Bay Packers inducted Brett Favre into their team Hall of Fame Saturday at Lambeau Field and the former quarterback reflected fondly on his experiences.

“All I dreamed about as a kid was being Archie Manning or Roger Staubach," Favre said. "I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame, never dreamed of having my jersey retired, never dreamed of Pro Bowls.”

Favre was gracious and kept his speech simple, looking back at his accomplishments and amazed at the fact that, as he said, “all [his] dreams have come true,” those dreams being to play football, not to rack up awards – though he counted the Super Bowl as one of them.

He made a point of thanking former Packers coach Mike Holmgren and former general manager Ron Wolf, among others. He said his success was based on those around him, staffers, teammates and fans.

”I understand this night is about me,” Favre said, “I'd like to think it's about us. I've always thought being a quarterback, you get way too much credit and probably get a little more of the blame...I just had to work hard, and do all I could do, and rely on these guys, and that's why I'm here today. It has nothing to do with me.”

Favre added that he wished he could have played for Holmgren longer and that he thought they could have won more Super Bowls together. The Packers won the Super Bowl led by the duo in 1997 before Holmgren left a year later to become coach and general manager of the Seahawks.

Favre, an 11-time Pro Bowler, spent 16 of his 20 NFL seasons in Green Bay, throwing for 61,655 of 71,838 career yards and 286 of his 336 career touchdowns for the team.

You can watch Favre's speech here.

Favre, at 45, says he could still play in the NFL

- Jeremy Woo

Cornerback gives me nightmares

It's going to be very interesting. I said to a mate the other night that it doesn't matter how good our offence is, that the Packers won't be up there if we can't get our D sorted.

Don't even get me started on special teams.

Hopefully with McCarthy now managing the bigger picture, we'll see vast improvements in both special teams and defence this year.

Clay moving to ILB in base package means we need much more productivity from Peppers. anyword on who the who will have the D- signal caller will be this season?

I cant wait to see Ty in action he is such an amazing explosive player, I think he will start our as returner and 4th string WR but can also play Wild Cat QB or as a RB. By the end of the year we could be back to having 4 good WR's. The non WR positions he can play could cause problems for some teams if we make packages for him at RB like we had done with Cobb in the past.

I am bias with Ty Montgomery since ive watched him grow at Stanford the 3 years. there was a game last year where he had a Punt return, Rushing and Reciving TDs in the same game, and he only had Andrew Luck throwing to him in Luck's last year at Stanford so with a QB like Rodgers i think he could be big in the future.

Clay moving to ILB in base package means we need much more productivity from Peppers. anyword on who the who will have the D- signal caller will be this season?
I could be wrong but I thought Barrington had the head-set towards the end of the year. I know Burnett also calls on the back end.

I could be wrong but I thought Barrington had the head-set towards the end of the year. I know Burnett also calls on the back end.

I know Jones took over from Hawk about 2-3 years ago, then Hawk started the next season with it again. I dont remember who was the signal caller last season since Hawk was benched for giving up too many plays. and Jones is no longer on the list.

I think it will be interesting to see if Perry can keep the RLOB slot or if he gets beaten out in pre-season. He hasnt been what i expected him to be, but i like Peppers, Clay and Sam as 3 LB's. i wonder if we struggle again if we will go back to a 4-3 again. But the things we could do with Clay as a full time ILB in things like the Psycho packages would get any DC hard. I want Peppers to have a big year, i wanted him back and know there were some inside the organisation that were thinking about moving on because of the cap hit its about $12mil this season and then down to $10 next year.

Perry is fine, just needs to get that body right. He's a good run defender and if he can bring his pass rush back he will be good.

Honestly we don't spend a lot of time in a typical 3-4 anyway. I'm happy with Clay being inside on most down rushing behind Daniels and Raji hitting the A gap. He is way too good for most centres and guards.

Perry is ok but his last year at USC made me think he could be like another Clay Mathews. It just never happened and at times he was benched for Jones who was also inconsistent. Perry just needs to play consistent i wonder if moving to RLOB will help him.

Five weeks to go today fellas. Good to have the season heating up. Il echo what everyone is saying, if our defense can up the ante that little bit we'l be in a good place. Last years finish has to sting the team and cant help but still feel like a massive wasted opportunity. S

According to Packer Report, second-year WR Jeff Janis "hasn't even taken a small step" in his second NFL training camp.

Coach Mike McCarthy predicted Janis would take a "big step forward" at the NFL Combine, but Janis' development ostensibly hasn't gone as quickly as hoped. Janis is competing with third-round pick Ty Montgomery and slot type Myles White for the Packers' fourth and fifth receiver jobs with Jared Abbrederis (concussion) on the shelf. Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams remain locked in as Green Bay's top-three wideouts.

Source: Scout.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richard Rodgers is listed as the No. 1 tight end on the Packers' first depth chart of training camp.

It's notable because Rodgers played behind Andrew Quarless last year, handling about 500 regular season snaps to Quarless' roughly 650. Rodgers is an atrocious blocker, but it's possible the Packers are expecting him to become closer to a full-time player this year. Ultimately, the Packers' tight end position may prove in-season fool's gold, but it's still worth monitoring with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback. Richard currently has an undrafted ADP.

According to Packer Report, second-year WR Jeff Janis "hasn't even taken a small step" in his second NFL training camp.

Coach Mike McCarthy predicted Janis would take a "big step forward" at the NFL Combine, but Janis' development ostensibly hasn't gone as quickly as hoped. Janis is competing with third-round pick Ty Montgomery and slot type Myles White for the Packers' fourth and fifth receiver jobs with Jared Abbrederis (concussion) on the shelf. Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams remain locked in as Green Bay's top-three wideouts.

Source: Scout.com

I think thats why Ty Montgomery is expected to be the 4th WR behind Adams. Ty would always pass him since Ty is a bigger version of Cobb. Montgomery will be the one of the returners by midseason. I love the depth we have at WR again best since Jennings left and Driver retired, just need a TE that we have been missing since Finlay broke his neck.

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, WR Jeff Janis "hasn't made the performance jump the Packers hoped he would" in his second NFL training camp.

The Journal-Sentinel echoes a recent Packer Report story, explaining that Janis "hasn't been able to sustain his momentum" after a big OTA season. "With Jeff, it's the consistency," said WRs coach Alex Van Pelt. Beat writer Bob McGinn says Janis lacks the hip fluidity of Jordy Nelson and "at times, he looks to be a straight-line speed receiver," a feeling seconded by Van Pelt. In addition to Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams, McGinn says practice-squad type Myles White and third-round pick Ty Montgomery "have outperformed Janis." Janis has also "dropped more than his fair share of passes." Be sure to send the link below into Davis Mattek's Twitter mentions.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, WR Jeff Janis "hasn't made the performance jump the Packers hoped he would" in his second NFL training camp.

The Journal-Sentinel echoes a recent Packer Report story, explaining that Janis "hasn't been able to sustain his momentum" after a big OTA season. "With Jeff, it's the consistency," said WRs coach Alex Van Pelt. Beat writer Bob McGinn says Janis lacks the hip fluidity of Jordy Nelson and "at times, he looks to be a straight-line speed receiver," a feeling seconded by Van Pelt. In addition to Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams, McGinn says practice-squad type Myles White and third-round pick Ty Montgomery "have outperformed Janis." Janis has also "dropped more than his fair share of passes." Be sure to send the link below into Davis Mattek's Twitter mentions.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Dat depth at wide receiver.

Now if only I felt anywhere near as confident at our linebacker depth.

Preseason game 1 at New England tomorrow, Rodgers will play the first 1-2 series. Im interested in seeing Hundley tomorrow, i think he could challenge for QB2, i think we will keep 3 this season.

The Packers want to play at a faster pace this season.

Green Bay ranked 21st in offensive plays per game last year (62.9) and 24th in total offensive plays. They were still 6th in total yardage and led the entire league in points per game (30.4). Getting more plays off via an added emphasis on the no-huddle gives Packers skill players even more upside than they already have.
Related: Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Eddie Lacy

Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter

After the first pre-season game my thoughts.
First team Offence redzone needs work 0-3 in red zone possessions with 1st stringers, with 2 Turnovers on downs inside the 3.
4th and short needs work we had 3 failed plays, 2 of them were goal line
Lacy is looking good right now. Starks is still trying to do too much and only getting small gains, needs to be a 1 cut back not 5 cuts.
Defense has some breakdowns and let afew big plays through. one of the Rookie CB's [cant remember which one] made some great plays and almost had a INT
TY Montgomery is a beast looks good in special teams and showed a bit at WR. IMO clear WR#4. also had some great blocks in the run game.
Both backup Left and Right Tackles need improving, let some easy sacks through
Hundley looks good, made some good throws, didnt force anything. and looked comfortable in the system
Crockett looks good. nice runs and the TD he caught, Harris also looked good so a fight for RB#3 will be interesting, other will end up on Practice Squad
TE play looked good tonight, still needs improvement.
The Rookie FB had some good blocks, dont think he will make the active roster but might make practice squad. He is a good size.

Packers WR Jared Abbrederis still hasn't passed through the NFL's concussion protocol since suffering a concussion in late July.

It's a fairly scary situation. Normally, players only need a few days to pass through the protocol. Abbrederis has been unable to get medically cleared for two-plus weeks. We'd be fairly surprised if he made the Packers' 53.

Source: Tom Silverstein on Twitter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back