Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

Jordy Nelson | GB
(August 23, 2015 1:25 PM EDT)
Jordy Nelson exited the Packers' second preseason game with an apparent left leg injury.
Nelson immediately went to the ground after his left leg appeared to give way as he tried to turn upfield. He was able to walk off the field himself, but non-contact injuries are always concerning. Nelson walked around on the sideline for several minutes before walking to the locker room. Nelson had offseason surgery on his hip. He was replaced by Jeff Janis.

Uh oh....

--------------

Aaron Rodgers had his right wrist and forearm heavily wrapped on the sidelines of the team's second preseason game.

Rodgers left the game after taking a safety late in the first quarter. There have been no reports of an injury, and the wrap could just be to alleviate fatigue in his throwing arm. The Packers lost Jordy Nelson to an ACL tear on Sunday.

Source: Jason Wilde on Twitter

Packs seem pretty optimistic about his injury though. Wasn't limping after he originally went off. Obviously not definitive, but hopefully it's just a strain.

computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif

Adams, Montgomery, DickRod and Janis are going to have to lift their games considerably now.

Cobb will probably see more snaps outside now. Hopefully we run the ball a bit more and use more screen passes where Lacy can just run over people.

DickRod is fine for a nickname, but if A-a-ron connects with DickRod, can we call it Rodgers Squared??

Either way, I'm very flat after today.

Randall Cobb said new No. 2 receiver Davante Adams is "poised for a breakout year."

"He's poised for a big year," Cobb continued. "I look forward to helping him accomplish that." The Packers continue to talk up their second-year wideout, and Cobb is just the latest in a long line that has also included coach Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers. Cobb's role isn't expected to change much; he'll remain in the slot in three-wide sets, leaving Adams to assume Jordy Nelson's (torn ACL) old role on the perimeter. Adams is a high-upside WR2.

Source: ESPN.com

Randall Cobb suffered a shoulder injury in the Packers' third preseason game.

Cobb injured his shoulder trying to make a catch on the opening series. He was immediately take to the locker room, and is likely done for the game. The Packers can't afford to lose Cobb after Jordy Nelson's season-ending torn ACL. Ty Montgomery and Jeff Janis will get an extended look in three-wide sets.

Pre-season 3 thoughts

-QB's Hundley is clear QB3, but Blanchard played good enough for other teams to look at him before we can put him on the practice squad.
- HB#3 is a legit fight between Neil and Crockett, would love to keep both on the roster, otherwise hope we can put the other on the Practice Squad
- WR coprs looked good today. Montgomery is clear WR#3 with Nelson out, White, Jannis and Pinkard will be a good fight next week. [Aberderis with the concussion issues will miss out on a roster spot, unless he gets cleared and plays lights out next week]
- Jannis and White both played real good today
- Backmon played good. I think he could be TE#2
- Barrington had a real bad night, it was like AJ Hawk bad
- Hyde had some miscues before he was injured.
- D-line needs to get more penetration.
- Peppers was playing ROLB at times today and looked like he got lost once or twice there.
- Clay played good in his return, Ha-Ha was lights out, only player who showed up early
- Special Teams still needs work, gave up a huge return and had holding and 12man penalties

This weeks 75man cut will be tough, but the 53 man roster will be insanely hard to do, i think we will have a good practice squad this year. Have good depth at QB, WR and HB right now but will need to make cuts in all 3.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Randall Cobb's shoulder injury is believed to be minor.

Per Rapsheet, Cobb is believed to have escaped with a minor sprain. It's the best possible news for the Packers, who couldn't afford even a short absence from their new No. 1 receiver. As it is, Cobb now has 14 days to get ready for Week 1, and should be ready to roll as a WR1 against the Bears. Cobb's status will be updated sometime in the next 24-48 hours.

Source: on Twitter

Very excited for the coming weeks and months. I'm not at all surprised we are chasing Jones for the veteran presence.

Just realised Clay turns 30 next year! :eek: Thought he was a quite a bit younger than that. Need a huge season from him again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very excited for the coming weeks and months. I'm not at all surprised we are chasing Jones for the veteran presence.

Just realised Clay turns 30 next year! :eek: Thought he was a quite a bit younger than that. Need a huge season from him again.

James Jones is walking talking proof that FA Wide Outs should go where the QBs are not where the $$$ are

James Jones is walking talking proof that FA Wide Outs should go where the QBs are not where the $$$ are
It would be hard to turn down the money though so you can provide for your family.

I'm glad Jones is back. So much respect for him he's an absolute class act and hopefully he puts up big numbers for us this year.

That 2011 draft was horrible for us.

Looking back its amazing that we got Shields as a UDFA, but he did only play 1 season at CB in college the first 2 were as a WR. but he has improved an insane amount.

But the roster is the typical Ted Thompson roster mostly drafted or UDFA. the only one that stands out is Peppers he was the first big name we got as a Free agent.

But the roster is the typical Ted Thompson roster mostly drafted or UDFA. the only one that stands out is Peppers he was the first big name we got as a Free agent.
Free agents rarely work out anyway.

Charles Woodson was a pretty big name.

It would be hard to turn down the money though so you can provide for your family.

I'm glad Jones is back. So much respect for him he's an absolute class act and hopefully he puts up big numbers for us this year.

Because im sure the money on offer from us would have left him on the streets

I always think this ! In the end a qb will make them look better as WR. As wr's will complimentand make the qb look better. In the end if jones comes back and bridges a gap for a bit then lets hope. Pretty excited the season is here now, really cut me hearing about jordy lets just hope cobb and adams stays healthy and #12 is the same. Still a little worried about our back end opposite shields. Will be good to see if clinton dix can take the next step

Remove this Banner Ad

Back