GRFL 2011 PRE season

Remove this Banner Ad

Some very interesting game this week which could once again shape the finals. If Wakool lose to Wandella and Murrabit have a win against Nully, Murrabit could be safe, as I cant see Ultima getting over Macrona, even though it is at home.
Tips for this week
Moulamein Vs Quamby
Murrabit Vs Nullawil
Ultima Vs Macrona
Wandella vs Wakool

Interesting result out at Nully. What happened?
Nully jumped out of the blocks with the wind in the 1st, then Wandella gradually bridged the gap through the middle of the game, I think Nully were about a goal up at 3/4 time. Nully got a bit of a run on in the last & kicked 6 goals to none. As big a crowd out at Nully as I can remember for a while apart from finals, and the home crowd got right behind the Nully boys which was great to see. I think the wind might not have been quite as strong in the last 1/4. Wandella may have had some injury concerns too but I don't know for sure.

Tipping Wandella will be pretty keen to bounce back should they meet again in the finals but I'd be pretty happy with the same result next time!
Will be a massive game when Nully plays Macorna in a couple of weeks too, sounds like the Tigers are looking pretty dangerous with Needsy up front.

Nully jumped out of the blocks with the wind in the 1st, then Wandella gradually bridged the gap through the middle of the game, I think Nully were about a goal up at 3/4 time. Nully got a bit of a run on in the last & kicked 6 goals to none. As big a crowd out at Nully as I can remember for a while apart from finals, and the home crowd got right behind the Nully boys which was great to see. I think the wind might not have been quite as strong in the last 1/4. Wandella may have had some injury concerns too but I don't know for sure.

Tipping Wandella will be pretty keen to bounce back should they meet again in the finals but I'd be pretty happy with the same result next time!
Will be a massive game when Nully plays Macorna in a couple of weeks too, sounds like the Tigers are looking pretty dangerous with Needsy up front.

Now with Wandella losing a few games gives everyone else in the comp a realisation that they are beatable and Wandella now need to focus on a more defensive side of there game, which in turn takes away from there attacking (front running style).

I wolud be very interested on hearing a injury report on some roumered players going down for the bombers!

Lauchie Bott - Broken arm
Peter Moore - fractured cheekbone
Sam Taylor - Knee
Brodie Farley - Stomach

If true with current form would be huge, and think it would be very hard for them to go very far in the finals.

If an umpire walks up to a player and says "you are an arrogant bastard!" at 3/4 time, is there a case for the umpire to answer to or do you just let it slide?

If an umpire walks up to a player and says "you are an arrogant bastard!" at 3/4 time, is there a case for the umpire to answer to or do you just let it slide?

maybe he is a arrogant f##king little bastard. think they were the exact words. second rate umpires they dont know any better, games have rules for a reason and they think they can make there own up as they go,

maybe he is a arrogant f##king little bastard. think they were the exact words. second rate umpires they dont know any better, games have rules for a reason and they think they can make there own up as they go,

Wouldn't mind knowing the amount of weeks a player would get if they said the same thing to an umpire

What did the player say or do to deserve a comment like that ?
From what I saw the umpire was trying to get a players attention to pick up the ball and give it to him but didn't hear as he was already talking to another player and just kept walking to the huddle and then the words came out. Pretty sure players from both sides heard and 1 other umpire.

Some massive games this weekend in GRFL. Murrabit VS Wandella & Ultima Vs Nullawil. I am sure the Nully boys will be going all out to make sure they dont drop this one again and claim a top 2 spot. Murrabit can pretty much seal a finals birth if they beat Wandella (if Ultima loses).
With only 3 rounds to go, what are people's choices for the league medal?? Metro would be in everyones minds, but I am sure he missed a few mid season didn't he?

And what are your thoughts? I think it was fine at kerang. If not I think have it at the best facilities in the league. That being Murrabit. Who cares if they are in the big dance. They have lost games there this year and as ppl keep referring to, the cmfl is always at swan hill due to locality and facilities

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some massive games this weekend in GRFL. Murrabit VS Wandella & Ultima Vs Nullawil. I am sure the Nully boys will be going all out to make sure they dont drop this one again and claim a top 2 spot. Murrabit can pretty much seal a finals birth if they beat Wandella (if Ultima loses).
With only 3 rounds to go, what are people's choices for the league medal?? Metro would be in everyones minds, but I am sure he missed a few mid season didn't he?

Could it be the triggers 3??? Flag, League B&F and league goal kicking??

And what are your thoughts? I think it was fine at kerang. If not I think have it at the best facilities in the league. That being Murrabit. Who cares if they are in the big dance. They have lost games there this year and as ppl keep referring to, the cmfl is always at swan hill due to locality and facilities

I would have thought that the GRFL clubs who voted for the Grand Final to stay within the League, then they might have been the first to put their hand up to host it. Doesn't seem to be the case. Should be at Murrabit.

Keeping it neutral is the go, stuff Kerang why give a club like that revenue from our Grand Final? Hoota said on Saturday morning that Quamby are the only tenders so far, for where the club is at the moment a bitta $$$ may do them the world of good and in this case I wouldn't mind if a first in best dressed policy occurred as they're battling! Maybe the difference between a club staying afloat or folding!
Sounds like Ultima have began recruiting for season 2013 already, recently speaking to a superstar footballer who implied that he plus luring a few high quality footballing mates would be heading there next season!

Keeping it neutral is the go, stuff Kerang why give a club like that revenue from our Grand Final? Hoota said on Saturday morning that Quamby are the only tenders so far, for where the club is at the moment a bitta $$$ may do them the world of good and in this case I wouldn't mind if a first in best dressed policy occurred as they're battling! Maybe the difference between a club staying afloat or folding!
Sounds like Ultima have began recruiting for season 2013 already, recently speaking to a superstar footballer who implied that he plus luring a few high quality footballing mates would be heading there next season!
Not the o'toole rumours again. Get it every year

Gee she's pretty tight at the top of the old ladder, with Wandella having the bye this week a Macorna win over Nully would see 3 teams equal 1st on points and you'd think it would stay that way going into the finals. Also a chance for Nully to grab outright top if they win. Whatever happens it will be a cracking finals series for sure.

Gday guys, just on your GF venue...In the O&K league the GF is played at a nuetral venue, major league ground either Wang maggies or Rovers ground, which the "league" hires for the day....Catering is on a rostered basis so that all clubs get to cater over a number of years....Works well......Other finals are played at designated club grounds but the catering is also rostered as per the GF. The league however take all gate receipts...

Wouldn't be Hugh foot would it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back