Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

Which 1 of these players will be the best? Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hartlett
18 contested possessions
52 uncontested possessions
10 tackles
in his 3 games to date

Shuey
27 contested possessions
39 uncontested possessions
18 tackles
3 games

Ziebell
20 contested possessions
24 uncontested possessions
14 tackles
2 games

Martin
26 contested possessions
50 uncontested possessions
14 tackles
3 games
came off a preseason injury so he's probably been protected going into it

2014 all of these guys avged 9 contested possesions

Sam Newman fear is snakes and Sam touching a Python is not as brave as those who jump on crocodiles backs, something Ziebell probably would love to do.
Sam and I have something in common then.

Not saying he's not brave, but have issue with calling him more brave than any of the others

Fair enough. It does have a bit of the old school yard 'my dad is tougher then your dad about it'.

If I were to compare these guys to movie stars

Ziebell-chuck Norris
Martin- Charlie Sheen
Shuey- Steven Seagal
Hartlett- Neil Patrick Harris

Fair enough. It does have a bit of the old school yard 'my dad is tougher then your dad about it'.

If I were to compare these guys to movie stars

Ziebell-chuck Norris
Martin- Charlie Sheen
Shuey- Steven Seagal
Hartlett- Neil Patrick Harris
Chuck Norris has 3 black belts in taekwondo...

I hate the "brave" tag in sports fwiw. I think bravery/courage off the top of my head is these things:

1. Standing up to your biggest fear, especially if it's a phobia.
2. Putting your life at risk to save somebody else's, especially in war situations.
3. Putting your life at risk to make the world a better place (Police force, Army, Navy, Air Force)
It's a context thing. Nobody thinks that bravery in sports is the equal of any of those, but there's no real other applicable word for it in the context of sport.

Anyone who thinks that they're comparable though is pretty simple.

There is no doubt that Ziebell hasn't been the most consistent out of the bunch, be that due to him being stupid enough to play bravely and get injured/suspended.

That doesn't change that fact that he is capable of completely dominating.

Despite the bizarre calls that he can't kick, he's actually a very good kick.

http://youtu.be/MaR7g8DHdak

It's funny how whenever one of these players has a year plagued by injury, they are no good. I wouldn't have to go back very far into this thread to see Hartlett and Shuey getting written off because of this.

Ziebell played last year with a crook shoulder and off the back of that he's dropped to the bottom of the pack. He'll be back.

The only one of these guys that hasn't really been effected by injuries is Martin.

It's no surprise to me that he's rated the best. s**t, even if they were all fit he'd probably still be the best.

But I wouldn't give up Ziebell for anyone of them, love the way he goes about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ziebell attacked the ball as hard as he does the man he would be a better player.

You've got to be joking some Idiot, if he just attacked the man he'd use his shoulder and clean up the players. Like he used to but kept getting suspended. The reason he gets injured is because he can't protect himself without hurting the other player, ending up in another suspension.

You've got to be joking some Idiot, if he just attacked the man he'd use his shoulder and clean up the players. Like he used to but kept getting suspended. The reason he gets injured is because he can't protect himself without hurting the other player, ending up in another suspension.
He got inured because he went hard into a player when he had no chance of actually impacting the contest or getting near the ball. Look everyone goes through phases where they are frustrated so they focus more on the man than the ball, it does make you feel good, but Ziebell seems to have been doing it consistently for a few years now.

He got inured because he went hard into a player when he had no chance of actually impacting the contest or getting near the ball. Look everyone goes through phases where they are frustrated so they focus more on the man than the ball, it does make you feel good, but Ziebell seems to have been doing it consistently for a few years now.

There is only three times where I think you could argue that he played the man, even then two of them were the topic of debate as to whether or not he should've been suspended

@NMFCOfficial: NO (more) late changes today. Trent Dumont the sub, while there are no changes for Geelong either, Steve Johnson their sub #aflcatsnorth

Jack Ziebell is warrior

There is only three times where I think you could argue that he played the man, even then two of them were the topic of debate as to whether or not he should've been suspended

Not even counting the suspensions, but looking at those videos imo the first one there is fine, the other two he was going the man.
Regardless I just think he goes especially hard when there is an opportunity for body contact as opposed to going hard all the time. If he went hard all the time we'd see him win a lot more contested ball.

@NMFCOfficial: NO (more) late changes today. Trent Dumont the sub, while there are no changes for Geelong either, Steve Johnson their sub #aflcatsnorth

Jack Ziebell is warrior
Hope Dumont goes well, now he is a tough young player who could show Ziebell how it's done.

When I think of tough players, I think of guys like Lenny Hayes, Daniel Cross and Joel Selwood, these blokes put their head over the footy, back into packs and get the job done each and every week. Ziebell just isn't that.

Ziebell tough as they come. He's probably playing with a cracked rib.

Stands under a high ball still. Knows he's going to get crunched and still stands up.

Any idiot can see that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back