Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

Which 1 of these players will be the best? Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure if I should believe you or my eyes?

FWIW the best player in this poll butchers the ball a bit too and Martin gets a lot more of his ball on the outside.

Hartlett is the best kick in the poll.

I think focusing in on one particular aspect seems silly.

It would be like me going on about Ziebell being the best because he's the best contested mark and Shuey is well behind because can't win a marking contest to save himself.

Apples and Oranges.

FWIW Ziebell will be the first of this lot to be named Captain, leadership is another quality underrated around here.

Dear God. Ziebell can kick goals. He's a good forward. But there's a reason why You never see him hit a bloke lace out over 40 metres, because he isn't a "lovely" kick as you say. Hartlett, Shuey, Goddard, Birchall, Brodie Smith, Rich, these are the sort of blokes who are lovely kicks. Ziebell is nowhere near that class.

Can I please request the general handbook
Dear God. Ziebell can kick goals. He's a good forward. But there's a reason why You never see him hit a bloke lace out over 40 metres, because he isn't a "lovely" kick as you say. Hartlett, Shuey, Goddard, Birchall, Brodie Smith, Rich, these are the sort of blokes who are lovely kicks. Ziebell is nowhere near that class.

I didn't say he was elite. And yes he does 'hit a bloke lace out' over 40 meters, s**t he can even do it over 20-55-60 meters. It's just a lot harder to find highlights of regulation kicks on YouTube.

Can I please request the general handbook

I didn't say he was elite. And yes he does 'hit a bloke lace out' over 40 meters, s**t he can even do it over 20-55-60 meters. It's just a lot harder to find highlights of regulation kicks on YouTube.
You said he had a "lovely" kick which is just blatantly untrue. Lovely kicks of the ball don't hack the ball anywhere near the amount of times Ziebell does.

You said he had a "lovely" kick which is just blatantly untrue. Lovely kicks of the ball don't hack the ball anywhere near the amount of times Ziebell does.

Tell that to nick Dal Santo. He often 'hacks the ball forward from a contest'. Do I really need to get video evidence?? I will if required

Edit: Even Wells does this. Who's an even better kick then Dal

Tell that to nick Dal Santo. He often 'hacks the ball forward from a contest'. Do I really need to get video evidence?? I will if required

Edit: Even Wells does this. Who's an even better kick then Dal

Nicky Dal.
upload_2016-3-30_15-4-49.png

You probably need to acquaint yourself with sample sizes, everyone hacks on occasion, it's just that Jack does it way more than anyone else. All the stats back this up.

Some players prefer to put others under pressure in the contest. They're happy to handball it off to a player who's about to be crunched, but hey it helps the DE%. Never mind your teammate whose just been tacked forcing another ball up, then there's those players who are happy to play for ground. I'll let you work out where your bloke and my bloke sit.

Hats off to Shuey for being part of the leadership group. Let's hope it stops him burning teammates like in the GF last year. I'm sure Simo has tried to train it out of him:thumbsu:

You realise Shuey had more contested possessions per game, and more clearances per game, last year than tough nut Ziebull? All while having a DE% 15% higher?

Nicky Dal.
View attachment 230167

You probably need to acquaint yourself with sample sizes, everyone hacks on occasion, it's just that Jack does it way more than anyone else. All the stats back this up.

You realise Shuey had more contested possessions per game, and more clearances per game, last year than tough nut Ziebull? All while having a DE% 15% higher?

Yawn
I really don't care. Travis Johnston was one of the best kicks I've ever seen but he was a spud.

Brad McKenzie would be the best kick at North and can't get a game.

Thread is now going around in circles and has been for 50 odd pages but the last 4 pages all filled with the same bickering and rubbish has seen its demise.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back