Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

Which 1 of these players will be the best? Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hartlett is soft if being compared to Ziebell which in this case he is.
He is not a hard player at it type of player, but what he is good at is his outside game where he can really tear a team to pieces.

Perception of Hartlett as simply an outside mid because he's a good kick is so wrong. Watch our games.

Hartlett
18 contested possessions
52 uncontested possessions
10 tackles
in his 3 games to date

Shuey
27 contested possessions
39 uncontested possessions
18 tackles
3 games

Ziebell
20 contested possessions
24 uncontested possessions
14 tackles
2 games

Martin
26 contested possessions
50 uncontested possessions
14 tackles
3 games

Hartlett is similar to Goddard in that he's good on the inside but his kicking is such a big weapon you play him outside

That being said, i wish Ziebell would play more of an outside role.

Aside from his health he would be more valuable to the team if he got some more outside ball and limited diving onto the footy in a contested situation.
Ziebell's skills aren't suited to a more outside role.

That's a common misnomer. His skills are very good generally when not under pressure.

He would be very good in a Goddard role (not quite as good a kick).
Disagree. His kicking's poor. That's why he plays an inside role.

In 2013 he kicked 20.8. That's what he usually does when he has time and space.

The problem is he isn't quick and can be rushed. And is often hacking kicks out of packs.
His goal kicking's good but his field kicking is poor IMO. That's the difference between the top 3 and him IMO

So Joel selwood isn't brave? Shuey never shirks a contest and often gets his head ripped off but keeps going back. Ziebull throws his body around but how is that more courageous than getting your head knocked off?

Players like Ziebull get labeled as brave because they aren't good enough to win the ball.

So if Ziebell plays this weekend after spending two nights in hospital, coughing up blood with a bruised lung would you consider him brave?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if Ziebell plays this weekend after spending two nights in hospital, coughing up blood with a bruised lung would you consider him brave?
I'd call him stupid, personally.

I hate the "brave" tag in sports fwiw. I think bravery/courage off the top of my head is these things:

1. Standing up to your biggest fear, especially if it's a phobia.
2. Putting your life at risk to save somebody else's, especially in war situations.
3. Putting your life at risk to make the world a better place (Police force, Army, Navy, Air Force)

I hate the "brave" tag in sports fwiw. I think bravery/courage off the top of my head is these things:

1. Standing up to your biggest fear, especially if it's a phobia.
2. Putting your life at risk to save somebody else's, especially in war situations.
3. Putting your life at risk to make the world a better place (Police force, Army, Navy, Air Force)

Dude there are shades of grey in things, its not a risk your life or nothing thing.
and what if your biggest fear is mice? Do you think petting Stuart Little is on the same level page as risking your life to help someone?

Luckily we have a dictionary to define words or some people would be in trouble

Dude there are shades of grey in things, its not a risk your life or nothing thing.
and what if your biggest fear is mice? Do you think petting Stuart Little is on the same level page as risking your life to help someone?

Luckily we have a dictionary to define words or some people would be in trouble
Of course there are, that's why I said off the top of my head.

So what if it is? Are you dismissing people's fears? I wasn't comparing them, they're called EXAMPLES. What's your biggest fear?

Of course there are, that's why I said off the top of my head.

So what if it is? Are you dismissing people's fears? I wasn't comparing them, they're called EXAMPLES. What's your biggest fear?

Sam Newman fear is snakes and Sam touching a Python is not as brave as those who jump on crocodiles backs, something Ziebell probably would love to do.

I must say the biggest thing I hate about big footy is how everyone feels the need to down play every opposition player. I'ts all about oneupsmanship.
It's like how people down play Martin "oh he has off field issues".

Hartlet "yeah he's good but he's a bit soft"

Shuey "has a punchable face, ducks every contest (I realize I made this argument)

It's like on the North board everyone bags Heppell. "Squib, always kicks sideways".

Why do we have to talk down every single players strengths when we all know damb well if they played at our club we'd love em just as much.

Having said that, Ziebell is the best chuck out the rest

Hartlett
18 contested possessions
52 uncontested possessions
10 tackles
in his 3 games to date
Without checking, I would be very confident that Hartlett's 2014 stats would look a bit different. Appears to be playing a bit of a different role so far this year. Also:

Without checking, I would be very confident that Hartlett's 2014 stats would look a bit different. Appears to be playing a bit of a different role so far this year. Also:

Please don't tell me that's the toughest thing Hartlett has done?
He rode a bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back