MRP / Trib. Harvey will end up affecting us.

Remove this Banner Ad

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Put this in another thread but think its a valid point, as fans of the Australian game we need to stand up as one against this softening of our game. Love to hear your veiws on it.

Hope i dont get banned for a late night drunk rave on the mrp, but oh well here goes. This weak s**t like with Harvey doing his JOB sticking up for the captain and blocking the guys run is completely normal in AFL football. I honestly dont like north but i do think there due a fair suck of the sav with the rules as EVERY club should be (except collingwood f@ck them :) ). If we look at the future of the game even just for our own players if you want to be that narrow about it if Harvey gets banned its setting a dangerous precedent that finals footy wont even save you from a questionable mrp charge with negligible contact. Its bad for the game and at some point ill gaurentee it will be also be bad for us. Its a shame everyone is so caught up on the hating boomer bit as we have missed a potential shift in the game none of us will appreciate, the enemy of my enemy is my friend fellow Tigs, so boomer is a on the thinest ice possible friend and the enemy is the currently loopy MRP.

Can we make a protest next time someone gets rubbed out instead? I enjoyed this one too much :p
If only Tigs, as fans of the game we all grew up with and loved i dont think we can stand aside while the MRP steers the course of the game anymore.

* Harvey. Little s**t. Hate him as a player.

The rules are there. He deserved a reprimand for jumping into his opponent and hitting him in the head. If he stood there and blocked then it's fine but he actually jumped to male contact and got him high.

He got a week because he's a dirty little bastard. That's not match reviews fault. Even under an old system his bad record would have cost him.

He's been a sniper for years. It's coming home to roost for him now.

Harvey chose to bump Selwood, he chose to leave the ground while doing so, he initiated the contact and as soon as he hit Selwood in the head he was in trouble given his poor record. Unfortunately those are the rules that we now play under and even though Selwood wasn't really injured Boomer is responsible for ensuring that if he chooses to bump a player off the ball that he does it legally. As mentioned it happens all the time in games, where teammates will block for each other, but 99% of the time they do it legally and without being pinged for it.

Can't stand Harvey but he is pretty stiff. And lets not forget who he cleaned up. Selwood has to be the biggest sook in the game. I can't wait for his weekly meltdowns as Geelong starts to fade badly next year.

I think this sums it up pretty well:

image.jpg
I'm convinced Franklin would have copped a week if he was wearing a Hawthorn jumper.

Put this in another thread but think its a valid point, as fans of the Australian game we need to stand up as one against this softening of our game. Love to hear your veiws on it.

Hope i dont get banned for a late night drunk rave on the mrp, but oh well here goes. This weak s**t like with Harvey doing his JOB sticking up for the captain and blocking the guys run is completely normal in AFL football. I honestly dont like north but i do think there due a fair suck of the sav with the rules as EVERY club should be (except collingwood f@ck them :) ). If we look at the future of the game even just for our own players if you want to be that narrow about it if Harvey gets banned its setting a dangerous precedent that finals footy wont even save you from a questionable mrp charge with negligible contact. Its bad for the game and at some point ill gaurentee it will be also be bad for us. Its a shame everyone is so caught up on the hating boomer bit as we have missed a potential shift in the game none of us will appreciate, the enemy of my enemy is my friend fellow Tigs, so boomer is a on the thinest ice possible friend and the enemy is the currently loopy MRP.

Except when it comes to Goodes and Franklin.

As I see it, the MRP's issue isn't just nullifying the toughness in our game, it's sending mixed messages when it applies these "rules" on some players and not others.

Can't stand Harvey but he is pretty stiff. And lets not forget who he cleaned up. Selwood has to be the biggest sook in the game. I can't wait for his weekly meltdowns as Geelong starts to fade badly next year.

I think this sums it up pretty well:

View attachment 80275
I'm convinced Franklin would have copped a week if he was wearing a Hawthorn jumper.

Exactly!! (Good post, beat me to it)

Harvey chose to bump Selwood, he chose to leave the ground while doing so, he initiated the contact and as soon as he hit Selwood in the head he was in trouble given his poor record. Unfortunately those are the rules that we now play under and even though Selwood wasn't really injured Boomer is responsible for ensuring that if he chooses to bump a player off the ball that he does it legally. As mentioned it happens all the time in games, where teammates will block for each other, but 99% of the time they do it legally and without being pinged for it.

Everyone keeps harping on about how Harvey left the ground. Hmm, the fact that he's shorter than Selwood and if he was to lay ann effective shoulder to shoulder bump, he would actually need to jump - hence the accidental clash of heads ensuing. Personally I thought he was stiff, and as the OP stated he was doing his job as a footballer protecting his captain. I'd expect someone like Kingy to have done the same thing.

Everyone keeps harping on about how Harvey left the ground. Hmm, the fact that he's shorter than Selwood and if he was to lay ann effective shoulder to shoulder bump, he would actually need to jump - hence the accidental clash of heads ensuing. Personally I thought he was stiff, and as the OP stated he was doing his job as a footballer protecting his captain. I'd expect someone like Kingy to have done the same thing.
Harvey didn't need to leave the ground to lay a fair and legal bump, just look at Thomas' hit on Reid last year that wasn't suspended. The other thing that goes against Boomer is that he has a very poor record at the tribunal, so something that should have been nothing more than a reprimand became a suspension. Finally what need was there to protect Swallow, they were not involved in the play so there was no need to pick Selwood off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have done this for Conca and Vickery's suspensions late in the season :D

Can't stand Boomer though so I'm happy for him to get rubbed out.

Can't believe there are people here happy for boomer to get rubbed out for that. If that was a tigers player we'd all be seriously pissed.
It would be good if Selwood says tonight that the Goodes hit (Goodes on Selwood, deemed insufficient force) had much greater force than the Harvey hit, so has to be thrown out also.

whether its weak or not is irrelevant

This knob has had recent form, and had to know he would be under the scope from the umps. In that situation you don't do anything that even gets the umps thinking "hmmm....."

Typical selfish faux tough boy play by the biggest paper tiger in the game

whether its weak or not is irrelevant

This knob has had recent form, and had to know he would be under the scope from the umps. In that situation you don't do anything that even gets the umps thinking "hmmm....."

Typical selfish faux tough boy play by the biggest paper tiger in the game

This is irrelevant if it was less force than Goodes or Buddy's bumps. Would only come into play if Buddy and Goodes had reprimands so that Harvey's carryover points took him over the line. Buddy and Goodes charges were cleared. I'm not a fan of Harvey by the way.

It has nothing to do with recent form or whatever the * they are banging on about.....at the end of the day, the AFL needed something to keep the media rolling for the week. they will throw out the charge and Harvey will play. IMO its the worst case of complete and utter BS i have ever seen....it was like all the media got the message to click into gear the moment it happened....couldnt believe they were actually talking about head high hit etc...it was an innocuous bump off the ball, worst case scenario would have been a free for shepherding 5 m away from the ball...the end....what they are banging on about it complete and utter dog s**t

This is irrelevant if it was less force than Goodes or Buddy's bumps. Would only come into play if Buddy and Goodes had reprimands so that Harvey's carryover points took him over the line. Buddy and Goodes charges were cleared. I'm not a fan of Harvey by the way.

Problem is Harvey has strong recent form, the other two don't

I remember someone posted once about the Collingwood vs Richmond game the year after the big blue involving King and Didak. He paid to get the AFL radio, which allows you to listen to the umpires mikes. At just about every stoppage one umpire was heard to always ask "who's got King?", "where is King?", "anyone have eyes on King?".

Fair, no, but a reality

Boomer would have been copping the exact same treatment given his recent form, and he was a stupid douche to think the umps would be micro analyzing everything he did.

Wonder if selwood testimony will be dismissed as he whinged and carried on like the little grub sook he is after the hit.
Anything he says in the tribunal will make him look worse in my opinion due to his carry on during the game.

But Goodes and Buddy were both sighted as well. They were looked at just the same, so umpires keeping an eye on Harvey has nothing to do with this.

My point is Harvey was a moron for even putting himself in a position to be put up

Everyone knows the tribunal now is a lottery.

He was a selfish knob for allowing himself to be put in a position to even be charged.

Oddly enough making this thread while drunk didnt quite convey what i was trying to say. I cant beleive i actually agree with something Mathew Lloyd said as i cant stand the knob end but he made a very good point. The head high contact rule was bought in for those huge hits like players being blindsided and K.O'd, the blocking run hits off the ball where players where K.O'd etc etc. the rule has been very effective in stamping these types of hits out and i think we can all agree its a good idea for those ones as we never want to see a player become a paraplegic etc due to a head high hit. But now its gone to far, the MRP debating over these types of harvey bumps is just plain soft and bad for the game and if we let them keep rubbing players out for piss weak bumps like this where will our awesome game end up? Its a god damn contact sport AFL, if a player deliberately takes someone out with a decent risk of a head injury and K.O's them fine rub the dirty bastard out but leave the tough part of the game alone before you turn our game into soccer with kicks and marks.

Should have done this for Conca and Vickery's suspensions late in the season :D

Can't stand Boomer though so I'm happy for him to get rubbed out.
Would have made a thread about this but didnt really get into the forum until i was in hospital at seasons end and i realise there are many nutters and Tigs people on this site.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back