Opinion Has the world ended

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the best you've got? Your whole season amounted to nothing again and the only thing you have to celebrate from the sidelines is Freo not making it to week 3 of the finals? Pathetic would be an understatement.
Got more then you from this season.

Yeo, shuey gaff etc

Shuey and Gaff are C grade at best and go to water with the slightest tag or physical pressure. There part of the reason why West Coast beat no top 8 sides this year. Yeo has played 13 games of AFL and hasn't even played a full season as a midfielder. You are pinning your hopes on very little.

Are better players then your forwards and backs. Also yeo would be your second best mid in two years.

Enough - post anymore and I'll card you.

your midfield is s**t and your best player is a 32 year old plodder who is a ball magnet with crap disposal. your "best" young player is more hype than football nous who you are currently overpaying for his marketing potential more than his on-field contributions. your forward line is composed of downhill skiers and flat track bullies. look at your own team before throwing stones at ours, flog.
Actually our best player is the AA full back.

Are better players then your forwards and backs. Also yeo would be your second best mid in two years.

He's played 13 games of AFL. And how many full games as a midfielder? None.

Yet you think he would be Freo's second best midfielder, ahead of guys like Barlow, Neale and Hill who are already proven high quality mids. Mate, you would have better chance at striking it lucky with a lotto ticket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True enough. I really hated how we couldn't beat GWS by 125 points. I was thinking throughout that match: "if only we were as good as the Coast Eagles".
We both got nothing except draft picks our draft pick is better hence.

He's played 13 games of AFL. And how many full games as a midfielder? None.

Yet you think he would be Freo's second best midfielder, ahead of guys like Barlow, Neale and Hill who are already proven high quality mids. Mate, you would have better chance at striking it lucky with a lotto ticket.
I said in two years.

Of course not. Is your forward line better then ours, what about back line.

We have better small forwards than you in Walters and Ballantyne. Johnson (reigning AA) is at least equal to McKenzie and Ibbotson is better than your other tall defenders.

Of course not. Is your forward line better then ours, what about back line.

There is a thing called a ladder - that shows how your team collectively went for a season ....we win.

Now it's school night so nigh nigh.

ALL clubs should have their noses out of joint re the expansion clubs and Sydney. Traditional market clubs have certainly taken the back seat and as such our supposedly "equalised" competition is anything but equal.

I love how Melbourne clubs apparently believe they have it just as bad as us.

There is a thing called a ladder - that shows how your team collectively went for a season ....we win.

Now it's school night so nigh nigh.
Who gives a crap about position if you don't win the cup.

To be honest as much as I hate to say it McPharlin and Pav finally retiring might be the impetus for us to finally secure their replacements. While we have had them we have always been able to fall back on the draft and go for youth but if forced to get immediate replacements it might push us into action. I don't go by the theory of the "premi

And your midfield are short people and slow

we have tried, but despite our strong club culture, it's been hard to lure even fringe players to come for us without having to sell the farm to get them to do so. i think the list management team have realized that our best shot at replacing those champs are developing them ourselves, but we've been hindered by compromised drafts and finishing reasonably high on the ladder to be able to fill their spots. we obviously prioritized building our midfield before kpp's thinking we could shake down some ready made ones from other teams, but that obviously hasn't panned out. it was going to be one or the other, and over the last few years we have picked up young talls, but they take time and they're not quite ready yet.

i would have thought we will have a plan to give alex pearce or tanner smith some games next year, will definitely play apeness and tabs at some point. the problem is that there is an expectation to contend for finals at least, so it's going to be tricky finding a balance between playing for the future or playing for the present.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back