List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a career best year but he's 31 (will be 32 tomorrow) and has already had multiple knees. He won't be around forever.

Treloar is 30 and Macrae 29.

Sanders should be starting to hit his peak as Libba slows down.
It won’t help the Dogs as Sanders will be playing against them at his peak.

The coach appears happy as long as he maintains his consistency in attitude. In other words has a consistent go and maintains his current attitude.

I'm hoping that tackle on De Goey was the making of Scrim.

If he channel that desire and aggression week in and week out he will be an AA smokey.

I would have Scrimshaw as a top 10 player on our list of we are ranking players purely on natural talent (maybe even top 5). His intercept marking is really very good indeed and his kicking is top notch as well.

The biggest problem is that his best role is as an intercepting backman who plays on the mid sized forwards and we already have the best in the business in Sicily filling that role (of course Sicily does also play on key forwards as well when we need him to).

Still reckon Jack is best 22 though when he is fit and focused. We always seem to play better as a team when he is in form and patrolling the half back line.
Not sure how you can call a guy coming off 24th in the BnF and still yet to finish higher than 10th, a top 5 player at the club?

If you’re basing it on talent or potential, then you may as well have thrown Jeka in there before he left.

I'm hoping that tackle on De Goey was the making of Scrim.

If he channel that desire and aggression week in and week out he will be an AA smokey.
I completely forgot about that awesome tackle. I guess I'll have to re-watch that game as penance.

Not sure how you can call a guy coming off 24th in the BnF and still yet to finish higher than 10th, a top 5 player at the club?

If you’re basing it on talent or potential, then you may as well have thrown Jeka in there before he left.
Because in club BnFs the coaches tend to give more weight to how well a player played their role rather than flair and ability (it's why dour defenders like Stratts often polled well).

I rate talent as the ability to do things others can't on the field. It's why Sicily is such a freak, he just plays the game on another level.

And when Scrimmers is up and about he shows similar traits to our captain in his superior judgement of the ball, strong hands, elite disposal, etc.

Of course I'm not saying he's at Sic's level (obviously he's not) but on pure ability I think he could become our next AA half back.

Because in club BnFs the coaches tend to give more weight to how well a player played their role rather than flair and ability (it's why dour defenders like Stratts often polled well).

I rate talent as the ability to do things others can't on the field. It's why Sicily is such a freak, he just plays the game on another level.

And when Scrimmers is up and about he shows similar traits to our captain in his superior judgement of the ball, strong hands, elite disposal, etc.

Of course I'm not saying he's at Sic's level (obviously he's not) but on pure ability I think he could become our next AA half back.
How well a player plays their role is way more important than any flair they play with.

Flair is great to watch but it doesn’t do much to win games whereas week in week out consistent performance does.

If we want to win flags we need to have everyone consistently putting in lots of effort.

How well a player plays their role is way more important than any flair they play with.

Flair is great to watch but it doesn’t do much to win games whereas week in week out consistent performance does.

If we want to win flags we need to have everyone consistently putting in lots of effort.
Flair was probably the wrong term.

Say compare Sicily to Blank.

Blank could play his role and have a 5 possession game.

Sicily could play his role to the same level as Blank and have a 35 possession game.

Both have done what the coach wanted but Sicily has had much greater influence on the game just due to the fact he is insanely talented.

You need talent to win a flag. Our three peat team was chock full of talented and dare I say it players with flair.

That's what Scrimmers brings. If he can play a hard nosed defensive game and bring that pure ability and offensive game then yes I do believe he is a top 10 / top 5 player.

Also finally I would say one of Scrimmers best attributes is consistency, go back and look at his game by game stats since he joined the Hawks.

He needs to do this regularly and consistently.
I don't disagree with any of the earlier comments on Scrim, but the fact is if he doesn't increase his consistency and assertiveness, he will play most of the year at BH and probably be up for trade at years end. All the tools, but seems to lack a bit of desire?

I don't disagree with any of the earlier comments on Scrim, but the fact is if he doesn't increase his consistency and assertiveness, he will play most of the year at BH and probably be up for trade at years end. All the tools, but seems to lack a bit of desire?

There's a reason why he went as a top 10 pick and was shipped out for a pick in the 40s.

There's a reason that he spent a significant chunk of his footy at Box Hill after he had some difficult conversations with the coach.

It's all between the ears for Scrim.

The messaging all preseason has been about stepping up a gear and going to another level. This is a tight knit bunch that are all working hard for one another and all the boys are physically and mentally pushing one another. Any player that fails to do so will find themselves on the outer pretty quickly no matter how talented.

There's a reason why he went as a top 10 pick and was shipped out for a pick in the 40s.

There's a reason that he spent a significant chunk of his footy at Box Hill after he had some difficult conversations with the coach.

It's all between the ears for Scrim.

The messaging all preseason has been about stepping up a gear and going to another level. This is a tight knit bunch that are all working hard for one another and all the boys are physically and mentally pushing one another. Any player that fails to do so will find themselves on the outer pretty quickly no matter how talented.
Agree. He let his mates down and when he realises that, his consistency of effort will improve. Got all the talent in the world. Just need to get into his head.

Gee whiz this article is interesting considering all the s**t canning of KL recently.
That was a truly brilliant article from Twomey, who's probably the best AFL journalist around.

Perhaps, with a new boss at AFL House, the changes will include the sweeping out of that flog-who-can't-be-named - let's just call him Purple - whose contributions are based on nothing more than opinionated and nonsensical speculation. The other afl.com.au journos like Twomey, Edwards and Gabelich are so far ahead of him that it isn't funny any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flair was probably the wrong term.

Say compare Sicily to Blank.

Blank could play his role and have a 5 possession game.

Sicily could play his role to the same level as Blank and have a 35 possession game.

Both have done what the coach wanted but Sicily has had much greater influence on the game just due to the fact he is insanely talented.

You need talent to win a flag. Our three peat team was chock full of talented and dare I say it players with flair.

That's what Scrimmers brings. If he can play a hard nosed defensive game and bring that pure ability and offensive game then yes I do believe he is a top 10 / top 5 player.

Also finally I would say one of Scrimmers best attributes is consistency, go back and look at his game by game stats since he joined the Hawks.
Scrim plays as a loose defender. His stats will generally look pretty good by virtue of playing that role.

Where he isn’t consistent (or has been consistently poor) is his defensive side which won’t show up in the stats.

There’s nothing wrong with flair or talent but if it’s not being backed up by consistent top performance it doesn’t mean much. This is where Scrim falls down as less talented players are giving much more effort than him and as a result of this effort differential performing to a higher standard.

Which at the end of the day is what matters most. How a player is performing.

That was a truly brilliant article from Twomey, who's probably the best AFL journalist around.

Perhaps, with a new boss at AFL House, the changes will include the sweeping out of that flog-who-can't-be-named - let's just call him Purple - whose contributions are based on nothing more than opinionated and nonsensical speculation. The other afl.com.au journos like Twomey, Edwards and Gabelich are so far ahead of him that it isn't funny any more.
What kills me is that Purple said that when we were trying to trade for Harley Reid he said that we would have throw in a player like Will Day to be considered seriously. Oh the same Will Day that become a top midfielder by trading out Titch and JOM and yet he said was evidence of us "tanking"? If the AFL wants to be taken seriously they need to trade Purple out

What kills me is that Purple said that when we were trying to trade for Harley Reid he said that we would have throw in a player like Will Day to be considered seriously. Oh the same Will Day that become a top midfielder by trading out Titch and JOM and yet he said was evidence of us "tanking"? If the AFL wants to be taken seriously they need to trade Purple out
IF some of these "journalist" types attempted to work inside a club then they'd last about a week before being sacked.

Requiring Harley Reid to become better than Watson and Day combined just to break even is painting yourself into a bit of a corner. And you still need to put XVIII blokes on the field, and about Xii-XIII of them need to be pretty darn good for you to have a chance at being successful.

But our mate. Knows more than coaches, list managers and AFL HQ combined. Wouldn't be fair for him to work for a club! 🤣

Clearly as they chased McKay ratagolea

Then you hear Geelong saying Jeka can do the ratogolea role
FFS people we've got one young gorilla backman and depth is Frost. To insinuate that Blanck has been written off is mind boggling.

Blanck seems awesome, but also seems like someone the coaching staff have tagged as someone with a low ceiling
Not sure on the low ceiling, he was growing in confidence end of the season. He gets to contests and hates to lose I am pretty bullish on him improving next year. Granted we need a KPD gorilla but if Blankt can lock down his role it will go a long way towards our rise up the ladder.

FFS people we've got one young gorilla backman and depth is Frost. To insinuate that Blanck has been written off is mind boggling.
I don’t agree with this view but I think others are suggesting this as he current only has a one year deal. Personally I’d be shocked if he isn’t in the team rd 1 and doesn’t get an extension next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back