List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't agree with this statement. Demons have been burying teams for the last few years without decent KPF and before that the Dogs were doing the same.

The reason these teams enjoyed success is because they all had good goal kicking mids.
And both these teams, in a period of success, won only 1 flag each, and underachieved the other years
Collingwood probably the same

Next year Grainger-Barras, Ramsden, Serong & Butler are the players that will need to show significant improvement.

The biggest issue is the forward-line. We desperately need a quality midsize forward and also a small forward.

It is fine to focus on individual players in a list management thread. However, first and foremost, footy is a team game and our success will depend on getting the game plan right and being able to execute that game plan, as much as it will on individual talent.

It is fine to focus on individual players in a list management thread. However, first and foremost, footy is a team game and our success will depend on getting the game plan right and being able to execute that game plan, as much as it will on individual talent.
Game plan is important, but we do need talented players who can kick goals!

Personally I feel we lost 3 games we could have won, as we could NOT find a goal kicker going forward.

We are going to have to be creative

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe not.
Bennetts will get the opportunities that Brockman’s leaving will open, I would guess. Sully also in the frame.

If we draft Wiz or Duursma, they’ll get chances too.

Ramsden/Ryan will get the Kozie role if Chol doesn’t come across.

Butler, Sully and Bennetts will replace Brockman. Plenty of options.

MacDonald, Ryan, Moore
* , Lewis, *

Greene, DBG, Butler, Bennetts, Meek, Chol*
I think O'Sullivan and Bennetts are promising as pressure forwards, especially Bennetts getting a huge pump up from Andy Collins for his work-rate, but I don't think we have anyone to replace Brockman on our list at the moment. He has some really special abilities, you can see it just in the way he'd land from a marking contest, or cut a path away from the pack - he's economic with his movement and it gives him poise with the ball. That clip of him out-running Connor McKenna down the wing was Buddy-esque. McKenna looks like he's trying to escape the hounds of hell while Brockman looks like he's out for a morning jog.

Anyway he's gone now, but I'm hopeful that in Watson or Duursma we can find something even better.

Last edited:
Bennetts and JOS haven’t played an afl game and were late picks. JOS hasn’t even stood out at BH level (but bennetts has showed a bit).. They’re speculative at best (and even then prob may not be ready in 2024). We’re all hoping butler comes on - big preseason for him. But hardly plenty of options if just looking from our current forward crop.

Bennetts and JOS haven’t played an afl game and were late picks. JOS hasn’t even stood out at BH level (but bennetts has showed a bit).. They’re speculative at best (and even then prob may not be ready in 2024). We’re all hoping butler comes on - big preseason for him. But hardly plenty of options if just looking from our current forward crop.
I think JOS was doing some nice things early before he got injured. Maybe that was a dream.

If I had to describe our forward going into 2024 I think speculative sums it up pretty nicely.

If Ryan comes on, if Butler takes the next step, if DGB can develop as a mid sized forward, etc, etc.

Although if we can get Chol to partner Lewis up forward I'd feel a bit more confident that it's going to work as that will give us two 40 goal a season key forwards to build a forward line around.

Hard for them to stand out when they're injured mate. O'Sullivan was excellent the first half of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Cornes doing us a favour by labelling brockman the best talent in this years trade period. Might net us better than 3rd rounder.

It might just be true though, sadly. He has more talent than any other small forward on our list not named Breust or Wingard. You can argue also he has a bunch of traits that are elite - athleticism, goal kicking accuracy, skills and movement in traffic etc.

As mentioned on here by another poster a few times, he has Shai Bolton level talent to milk if he gets serious about being the best he can be.

If we ever needed to hammer the WCE on a trade, this is the one.

It might just be true though, sadly. He has more talent than any other small forward on our list not named Breust or Wingard. You can argue also he has a bunch of traits that are elite - athleticism, goal kicking accuracy, skills and movement in traffic etc.

As mentioned on here by another poster a few times, he has Shai Bolton level talent to milk if he gets serious about being the best he can be.

If we ever needed to hammer the WCE on a trade, this is the one.
If WC play hard ball on Brocky and Richmond with Kosi then we can ensure that we get ourselves a player in the PSD of our choosing. That is the game at hand. Who can we pry our of a club?

I would much prefer to organise legitimate and fair trades but I think we should refuse to be low balled.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

He struggled to get a game in a team crying for forwards, be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him at best.
He didn’t struggle to get a game at all. What team were you watching?

1696287668330.png

Nonsense

Just as a plan B, I'd like to see Butler in the midfield group during the preseason.
100%. I've been hoping for a positional change at Box Hill but it never came. He really struggles to get involved when playing deep forward. He's got a lot more to offer and I think a positional change will unlock his potential and assist in delivering a bit of a break out year in 2024.

He didn’t struggle to get a game at all. What team were you watching?
Brockman started the year at Box Hill and finished the year at Box Hill. When in the the 22 he was used as a sub or subbed out on a couple of occasions. All in all, played 15 out of 23 games (2 x sub). To me that is struggling to get a game, especially since we were in dire need of forwards.

Brockman started the year at Box Hill and finished the year at Box Hill. When in the the 22 he was used as a sub or subbed out on a couple of occasions. All in all, played 15 out of 23 games (2 x sub). To me that is struggling to get a game, especially since we were in dire need of forwards.
Came back to preseason late due to the birth of his children.
Came into the side in Round 3 and only missed 1 game from there until Round 16, due to suspension. Then got a niggle and was managed very late in the season for the last 3 games.

In no way did he “struggle to get a game”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back