Game Day Hawks v Pies official practice game - Thursday March 2 @ 5:10pm - UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

I've read the practice game thread v Carlton. Perhaps we should delist them all & start again? :p
How many are allowed to play in this one Jen? Where is Arlo?
Perhaps we should highlight the word practice in the title thread in anticipation of people losing their sh!t? ;)

I've read the practice game thread v Carlton. Perhaps we should delist them all & start again? :p
How many are allowed to play in this one Jen? Where is Arlo?
Perhaps we should highlight the word practice in the title thread in anticipation of people losing their sh!t? ;)
shh.. lets not upset the natives. Games threads are about outrage lol

Arlo it does appear has some sort of niggle, didn't play in the intraclub game too. Hopefully trains this week.

As for how many allowed to play.. They tend to go with their likely best 22/23 for round 1, for the game leading into it? Last year, looking at our game v GWS we took 25 players.

Barring the fact you need to leave players in melbourne given the VFL practide game is on the same night; which players are you taking to tassie?
How many players in the Squad?

Assuming the number is 26

1. Patrick Lipinski
2. Jordan De Goey
3.Isaac Quaynor
4. Brayden Maynard
5. Jamie Elliott
6. Tom Mitchell
7. Josh Daicos
9. John Noble
10. Scott Pendlebury
11. Dan McStay
13. Taylor Adams
14. Darcy Cameron
17. Billy Frampton
22. Steele Sidebottom
23. Bobby Hill
25. Jack Crisp
26. Reef McInness
28. Nathan Murphy
30. Darcy Moore
31. Beau McCreery
32. Will Hoskin-Elliott
35. Nick Daicos
37. Oleg Markov
38. Jeremy Howe
41. Brodie Mihocek
46. Mason Cox

1. Patrick Lipinski
2. Jordan De Goey
3.Isaac Quaynor
4. Brayden Maynard
5. Jamie Elliott
6. Tom Mitchell
7. Josh Daicos
9. John Noble
10. Scott Pendlebury
11. Dan McStay
13. Taylor Adams
14. Darcy Cameron
17. Billy Frampton
22. Steele Sidebottom
23. Bobby Hill
25. Jack Crisp
26. Reef McInness
28. Nathan Murphy
30. Darcy Moore
31. Beau McCreery
32. Will Hoskin-Elliott
35. Nick Daicos
37. Oleg Markov
38. Jeremy Howe
41. Brodie Mihocek
46. Mason Cox
yeah maybe around 25/26, I went back to look at last years pre-season game, and think we took 25.
5 of them no longer on the list.

I think that list would be pretty spot on, but not convinced they'll take Markov

yeah maybe around 25/26, I went back to look at last years pre-season game, and think we took 25.
5 of them no longer on the list.

I think that list would be pretty spot on, but not convinced they'll take Markov
If it’s 26 I’d add Josh Carmichael.

I’ll give Markov a pass because it’s hard for an outside player to make an impact on a low skilled side getting flogged and I think think it’s important we get a look at home if we’re looking to replace the run Nick Daicos provides at half back.

If it’s 26 I’d add Josh Carmichael.

I’ll give Markov a pass because it’s hard for an outside player to make an impact on a low skilled side getting flogged and I think think it’s important we get a look at home if we’re looking to replace the run Nick Daicos provides at half back.
Yeah I'd add Carmy to the list. He performed pretty well yesterday.

shh.. lets not upset the natives. Games threads are about outrage lol

Arlo it does appear has some sort of niggle, didn't play in the intraclub game too. Hopefully trains this week.

As for how many allowed to play.. They tend to go with their likely best 22/23 for round 1, for the game leading into it? Last year, looking at our game v GWS we took 25 players.

I didn’t think there was a whole lot of outrage except arguments over people who can’t handle any negative observations like in Q1. After quarter time the positive posts lifted with the team.

Do people really want just “positive” posts even when the team is playing poorly? Personally I’d rather a warts and all version not a glossed over version.

I also think the positive posts from people who post the negative observations get overlooked and certain people focus on the negative posts the rest of thread. Interestingly those same posters never give their own insights only chime in with the sky is falling, season over, etc even if the negative views were accurate. They dummy spit over it.

I didn’t think there was a whole lot of outrage except arguments over people who can’t handle any negative observations like in Q1. After quarter time the positive posts lifted with the team.

Do people really want just “positive” posts even when the team is playing poorly? Personally I’d rather a warts and all version not a glossed over version.

I also think the positive posts from people who post the negative observations get overlooked and certain people focus on the negative posts the rest of thread. Interestingly those same posters never give their own insights only chime in with the sky is falling, season over, etc even if the negative views were accurate. They dummy spit over it.

Winning Game Threads are lot Shorter then after Loss Thread

1. Patrick Lipinski
2. Jordan De Goey
3.Isaac Quaynor
4. Brayden Maynard
5. Jamie Elliott
6. Tom Mitchell
7. Josh Daicos
9. John Noble
10. Scott Pendlebury
11. Dan McStay
13. Taylor Adams
14. Darcy Cameron
17. Billy Frampton
22. Steele Sidebottom
23. Bobby Hill
25. Jack Crisp
26. Reef McInness
28. Nathan Murphy
30. Darcy Moore
31. Beau McCreery
32. Will Hoskin-Elliott
35. Nick Daicos
37. Oleg Markov
38. Jeremy Howe
41. Brodie Mihocek
46. Mason Cox
What's a likely 22 if you had to pick one?

Negative comments are fine. We all make them from time to time. But it was a practice match with no relevance. Let’s at least keep calm until round 1 against the cats. When it actually means something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For purely selfish reasons I’m hoping we see McStay/Mihocek in tandem for a bit and also more of the Moore/Frampton combo. Fly may have other plans though.
I reckon that's flys plan as well. Seems to be what they're going with.

Yep. I’m hanging out to get a glimpse of McStay and Mihocek operating together pre round one. Thankfully we’ve had your training reports to keep us updated 👍
Hopefully we get the glimpse at this on thursday.

Hang on, let me get this right. There were no problems, except with those who can't handle problems. After quarter time there were no problems. Except with the people who can't handle the people who post problems but have no problems. The former never have problems, except when there are problems especially when those problems are real. Then they have big problems. Did I get this right? Not that I have a problem with you having problems with the people that have problems with the people that have problems, real or not.

Hang on, let me get this right. There were no problems, except with those who can't handle problems. After quarter time there were no problems. Except with the people who can't handle the people who post problems but have no problems. The former never have problems, except when there are problems especially when those problems are real. Then they have big problems. Did I get this right? Not that I have a problem with you having problems with the people that have problems with the people that have problems, real or not.

No.
There were no issues in Q1 posts other then people stating what they saw both good and bad.
After Q1 the only problems that arose were people who only want one way positive only posting with hyperbole comments aimed at comments that werent said.

The actual game comments were more positive after q1 which is no surprise if you had a kayo subscription and a pair of working retinas.

No.
There were no issues in Q1 posts other then people stating what they saw both good and bad.
After Q1 the only problems that arose were people who only want one way positive only posting with hyperbole comments aimed at comments that werent said.

The actual game comments were more positive after q1 which is no surprise if you had a kayo subscription and a pair of working retinas.
That cleared it all up. The only problem was with the people that had problems with the people that had problems. I don't have a problem with that. My problem is despite having kayo I lacked decent internet - that and a lack of working retinas. Pretty sure I would have been in cahoots with the people that had problems if I didn't have those problems. Thanks for clarifying my problems.

Negative comments are fine. We all make them from time to time. But it was a practice match with no relevance. Let’s at least keep calm until round 1 against the cats. When it actually means something.

People were generally calm just describing what they saw.
There were not a lot of positives from Q1 barring the odd passage against the flow of mostly blues control.
I'm not sure what you want from posters? silence? Cheering poor play?

Also not many of the people always crying sarcastically that the "sky is falling " " season over" actually put their own in game thoughts into the discussion for others to view (or deride) .

Yeah its preseason first practice game, we know, we have all played or followed footy our whole lives im not sure why some feel the need to state it?
Most people are looking for small improvements in players or game style.

The general losing of the game is not the issue. Watching the team or players go backwards or lack of progression is.

However i will also say that some people are too dismissive of it some years.
As some years some teams preseason form was a window into their fortune's either good or bad. Nab cup whilst a different format often had 1 of the 2 GF sides make the real GF or at least a prelim.
Nab Prelim teams often rounded out the real season top 4 as well. And yes I'm aware that Carlton won it and floundered.

I don't believe our current gameplan is very preseason friendly however like sr36 has stated re intensity across the board and personell dramatically effecting the ability to execute it.

That cleared it all up. The only problem was with the people that had problems with the people that had problems. I don't have a problem with that. My problem is despite having kayo I lacked decent internet - that and a lack of working retinas. Pretty sure I would have been in cahoots with the people that had problems if I didn't have those problems. Thanks for clarifying my
Mate you're hilarious.🙄

Don't give up your day job.

F#@k this board has gone to s**t over the years.

I’m hoping to see more from Mitchell. Pendles said they don’t expect him to be racking up big numbers or winning games off his own boot but hoping to see more of him than the practice match against Carlton. Partly because we need someone to even up the clearance differential and partly because I have money on him to win the Brownlow

I’m also looking forward to seeing Miochek and McStay together in the forward line. Could e a dangerous combo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back