Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You folk who can watch 2012 replays have my respect. If highlights of it come on I change the channel. Will never be able to watch any of that game again willingly.

What's funny is there are other Hawthorn final's losses that i don't care for - like the Elimination Final in 94. The elimination final in '96 was an enthralling contest that i remember for Tony Woods' and Stuart Maxfield's goals............ but despite it, not really because of the loss.... but because Dunstall did his knee :cry:

What I can't understand is why Sydney is favourite. We beat them last time when they were only missing Shaw and Hannebury.
We were missing, Lake, Hale, Rioli, Spangher and Duryea. And we had Gibson, McEvoy and Hill back for their first game after each had a layoff.

What I can't understand is why Sydney is favourite. We beat them last time when they were only missing Shaw and Hannebury.
We were missing, Lake, Hale, Rioli, Spangher and Duryea. And we had Gibson, McEvoy and Hill back for their first game after each had a layoff.

Based on the more convincing Prelim final result... odds at 1.90 vs 1.90 at the 15min mark of our last quarter vs Port

I have no issue with them being favourites - they won their prelim convincingly, albeit against lighter opposition than us. They were also minor premiers by a slim margin. That should give them a narrow favouritism, I'm fine with that. The larger margin in the betting would be due to almost all sections of the media pretty much only talking about the $wines. Casual punters would have no other option but to believe they've already won as there is no other team playing.

It would be the sweetest victory of them all (apologies PJK) to win tomorrow. And definitely one for the true believers!

Don't you know.....a lot of Sydney players were down and every Hawthorn player played out of their skin.

And your right, that is a terrific article - more than makes up for the lack of 250th acknowledgement this man truly deserves.

I count our blessings we have this man captaining our great club!

Agreed.

I'll pass on an observation about the great man. Spent a few minutes in his company today.

He was scarily intense. Head held high staring off into what seemed liked tomorrow 5pm.

He looks very fit. Very focused. And 100% in command of his emotions, his team and our destiny.

We have an opportunity to write history tomorrow. Beyond that of another flag. Beyond that of the rare back-to-back.

Winning this flag would be about all of the above.

But it would be underwritten by the considerable adversity we've overcome this year.

And it will only be achieved by harnessing the very ethos coded into the Hawthorn DNA: doing it the hard way.

A win tomorrow would not only write the greatest chapter in our history. It would be achieved the hard way.

And that would honour everyone at the club , our supporters, but fittingly the players who have trod the same path down through the years.

Because we're the club we are today because we embrace and build on our history.

And there's no better man, no more inspirational leader, than I would want to be leading our team out on the field tomorrow than Luke Hodge.

He had the look today like he was ready to write history.

Hard to believe we are $2.45 against a side we have beaten at the G regularly over the past 6 years and who finished only 2% above us with a much easier fixture.

I'll be putting some money down for first time ever on a Hawks game at those odds.

Lol at David King's 68 point prediction. Is he on Twitter? If so, he is in for a week of relentless taunting if we win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahah very funny

mate i am just reporting the fear i saw in our eyes. not surprising, i am shitting myself too

C'mon.....man up ffs.

Scared of what.....who.....COLA flogs.

Not on your life.

Even if we were minor premiers, winning by 4 games, (16) pts we would still be the underdog.! They would still rave on about The Tainted Swans. I always watch 360 but tonight I am watching the tennis. Don't want to know or hear what those flogs have to say about the dying swans..Enough is Enough!:oops:

Some flog called Cat Attack (and there are plenty going by that name on BF) called SEN radio in Melbourne this morning and said that Cyril was very selfish for playing tomorrow!! He then compared it to Stokes putting his hand up in whatever year it was and saying he wasn't right to play. Well isn't he a friggin' hero. He then went on to say that they won the flag the year after Ablett left and can we do the same.
These pussy supporters are really sh1ting me. They are so petrified that we will do the one thing they couldn't do after '07, '09 & '11 and that is go back to back.

I wouldn't have thought we'd be able to win a flag a year after Ablett left - because Ablett has never played for Hawthorn!

Just on David King. He said "6 goals plus". The graphic incorrectly had 68. However when it was pointed out by Whateley he merely shrugged and said something like "might as well leave it at that!"

Agreed.

I'll pass on an observation about the great man. Spent a few minutes in his company today.

He was scarily intense. Head held high staring off into what seemed liked tomorrow 5pm.

He looks very fit. Very focused. And 100% in command of his emotions, his team and our destiny.

We have an opportunity to write history tomorrow. Beyond that of another flag. Beyond that of the rare back-to-back.

Winning this flag would be about all of the above.

But it would be underwritten by the considerable adversity we've overcome this year.

And it will only be achieved by harnessing the very ethos coded into the Hawthorn DNA: doing it the hard way.

A win tomorrow would not only write the greatest chapter in our history. It would be achieved the hard way.

And that would honour everyone at the club , our supporters, but fittingly the players who have trod the same path down through the years.

Because we're the club we are today because we embrace and build on our history.

And there's no better man, no more inspirational leader, than I would want to be leading our team out on the field tomorrow than Luke Hodge.

He had the look today like he was ready to write history.

Hodgey gets my vote of support everyday because he always seems to make time for other people and he hasn't forgotten where he has come from.

Imho a well raised country lad done even better in the big smoke.

Tom Waterhouse offering $4 for the Hawks win...(increased offer).

Usually I worry when betting agencies do things like this (betting on sport can only lead to corruption some way or the other), but last week he offered increased odds for us to beat Port!!! Obviously Tom got burnt last week by that and is trying to get back those extra losses...clearly doesnt rate our side at all.

Either way $4 in a 2 horse race, if the game is not corrupted (Young falling over in goal square in 12'), is too good to pass up.

Did anyone see this photo of the players' kids from training yesterday? Brian Lake's son looks like a mini version of him :D One of Burger's kids very like him too (the others are Cooper Hodge and the kids of coaches Russell and Rath).

I also hope all the kids are smiling late tomorrow afternoon too :)

View attachment 82661
Ah, look at those potential father-son picks.

If they are anywhere near as good as our current father-son we're in luck.

I think a lot has been written on David King and his confidence about the $wans,however if Hawthorn rolls on Saturday he will lose face and credibility which I am sure Hawthorn supporters will remind him of for many years.He is not smart enough to realise his reputation will heavily rest on this result due to the fact he believes it will be such a comprehensive result.He has nowhere to hide in terms of the way this game plays out(injuries,umpiring,etc).That's exactly what we want.Always Hawthorn.

Just thought I would listen to Finey on SEN..."McEvoy and Rioli are panic selections/gambles because we are desperate for something to help us win"...3 minutes of that and I turned it off again.
Haha So picking your Best 22 on Grand Final Day is desperate?

F*** me, I'd like to think we're desperate enough to select our best side!

Did anyone see this photo of the players' kids from training yesterday? Brian Lake's son looks like a mini version of him :D One of Burger's kids very like him too (the others are Cooper Hodge and the kids of coaches Russell and Rath).

I also hope all the kids are smiling late tomorrow afternoon too :)

View attachment 82661
wouldn't want to mess with lakey's kid...he already has his old mans 'test me if you dare' look in his eye. Awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back