Preview Hawthorn v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Percentage will take care of itself - what we need to build, or continue to build, is momentum - player better for longer, tuning up the machine.

As a part of that we should not be even countenancing dropping one here or there. If we are to give this thing a mighty shake we need to be able to go into the finals having beaten West Coast at home and sent off North Melbourne and Collingwood playing good footy.

But first things first, lets make sure these Blues campaigners never want to visit the Apple Isle again.

In York Park we shall play the blues
Ten dark long years v us they lose

Still I hate them with a passion for I remember every thrashing,
that they gave us in the 90s
while I cried into my nike's

Madden, Williams, SOS and Sticks
Their team was filled with f#cking pricks
So when that fall from grace occured I got off on them eating turd

But this year's Carlton ain't the same despite their colours and their name
Post lemonade & sars-ing Michael they're almost (whispers) "likeable"

Instilling teamwork, heart and hunger, no longer brown bags tables under
They've beat the cats, the pies and port and in their losses they have fought

So we will need to bring our best: the swans and eagles will attest,
to extend this great winning streak
so I can watch their sad fans weep

And pine for days of rorting caps
"Stand by your man" and dodging tax

A sense of trepidation
as I stood upon the hill
The winter's wind upon my face
As I braced against the chill.

The Carlton fans around me
Were convinced their team was best
But happiness is a pipe dream
When you nickname means "depressed".

At quarter time they held belief
As at the 30th minute
Their eyes locked on the scoreboard
and they thought that they were in it.

But half time came and then it went
And blues fans felt the cold
As the rain of goals came thick and fast
For the men in brown and gold.

By the final break they knew their fate
As the scoreboard told the tale
Their anguish etched across their faces
They came, they saw, they failed.

Then they muttered to themselves
In almost silent talks
They edified themselves at least
With hashtag freekickhawks.

Will be a close and frustrating game i reckon. Aurora is always a scrappy game due to the conditions. Blues will have a lot of support and Bolts will have a lot of knowledge of our structures so I'm expecting it to be closer than some are predicting. Hope I'm proven wrong and we smash them though!

A sense of trepidation
as I stood upon the hill
The winter's wind upon my face
As I braced against the chill.

The Carlton fans around me
Were convinced their team was best
But happiness is a pipe dream
When you nickname means "depressed".

At quarter time they held belief
As at the 30th minute
Their eyes locked on the scoreboard
and they thought that they were in it.

By the final break they knew their fate
As the scoreboard told the tale
Their anguish etched across their faces
They came, they saw, they failed.

Then they muttered to themselves
In almost silent talks
They edified themselves at least
With hashtag freekickhawks.

Is that you, Lanny?

genius.jpg

Probably one of the most lacklustre preview threads in memory. Not many opposition supporters either which is strange.

I'll do my best impersonation if you like. (read in a high pitch whingy voice)

'Wah wah wah, you Hawks supporters are so cocky, thinking you will win and everything, what has your club ever done wah wah wah'

'Wah wah wah, why dont you rate my club. you are so arrogant and cocky wah wah wah #freekickhawthorn'

'Wah wah wah i hope your coaching staff take us as lightly and you guys wah wah wah'

How'd i do?

Carlton are so bad we just have to turn up.

Lets take the 4 points and start focusing on next week now. That's the attitude we should have as this one is a gimme.

Carlton preview thread. Let's not let ourselves get ahead of ourselves.

Okay, this is my preview of the weekend:

1. Travel to Tassie;
2. Drink lots of pinot;
3. Watch the Hawks win.

1. Travel to Tassie;
2. Drink lots of pinot;
3. Watch the Hawks win.
if you do too much of 2 before 3 you might not actually register the win, though with the aesthetics of your average Tassie game that isn't necessarily a bad thing

1. Travel to Tassie;
2. Drink lots of pinot;
3. Watch the Hawks win.

I'm a more asynchronous guy. I reckon #2 can be tackled at the same time as #'s 1 and 3. But then I always have been pretty ambitious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whole thing really was very good, but this stanza conspired to send a tear rolling gently down the cheek.
Has a touch of gallipoli to it, or perhaps the British in the charge of the light brigade.

I reckon we currently need to have at least one of Brand and O'Brien in the team, to cover a possible injury to Frawley. At the moment, reckon Brand is clearly more valuable than O'Brien, if a choice has to be made between the two. O'Brien is under pressure to demonstrate his value - Tassie conditions may make that difficult. The news that Shoe is due to return in 2-3 weeks give him the opportunity to play 2-3 games at VFL level to make a claim, just adding to the pressure.

Might be a good opportunity to give Dallas Willsmore a run to see if he can step up to the top level. If Hill leaves he might be a player that can play on a wing if good enough.

Wouldn't that role go to Hartung?

Wouldn't that role go to Hartung?
Dallas is by far the better kick and should be the more flexible player with his height. Billy is faster and gets involved more. we dont have a ready made replacement for Hill on the list. Billy can do most of the running work and be a reasonable link player but he's not the same player.

Willsmore would be more akin to a Suckling than a Hill in his style if he came in as the replacement.

We know what Hartung already can contribute. Time to see if there is anything else worth keeping
That's pretty funny. 5 weeks before the finals campaign to enshrine our team as the best ever but this is the time to experiment with the team? Brisbane yes, Hawthorn not so much. As an aside, Willsmore won't make it.

Any change to the side outside of Hartung, Langers, Sheils or Lithers would be a huge surprise this week or the rest of year.

That's pretty funny. 5 weeks before the finals campaign to enshrine our team as the best ever but this is the time to experiment with the team? Brisbane yes, Hawthorn not so much. As an aside, Willsmore won't make it.

Any change to the side outside of Hartung, Langers, Sheils or Lithers would be a huge surprise this week or the rest of year.
You clearly haven't been to the Ryan Burton/Chuck Norris thread of late... ;)

You clearly haven't been to the Ryan Burton/Chuck Norris thread of late... ;)
Yeah I have but strangely the fact that he can finally jog a full lap at Waverley without half of BHPs steel products in his leg doesn't make me think he'll be playing full forward in the seniors come this September...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back