Game Day Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide - 2nd Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy sucks most of the time. Only 1 team gets to enjoy it and it's heartbreak for the rest.

Although going deep in finals and experience heartbreak is a lot better than not being there at all.

You're a great footy club. you are passionate on the field and in the stands and you play an amazing brand of footy.

Finish top 2 next year and you will be unstoppable.

Bad luck guys, was a top game of footy, its all cold comfort now but you guys aren't going anywhere but up an onwards, well coached with a quality side that attacks and takes games on and never gives in, im hoping that this kick up the arse holds us in good stead on Sat, see you next year (and I have a genuine feeling it will be in September)

You guys are a damn fine football club it´s gotta be said. Sensational supporters who stick with your club through thick and thin.
A brilliant team to watch. Port plays the game how it should be played. I was barracking hard for your team
because I just love the never say die attitude you have. Bad luck today guys. I think you will go deeper next year.
Best of luck in 2015.

Footy sucks some times !

You won't accept it now but you will look back on this game & see that it was the start of your Premiership campaigns. We've been there & it totally sucks. Replaying all the little thing (some big things) in your head but believe me it will make your team stronger.
Shows how critical Top 4 really is, stats don't tend to lie.

Must be honest & say I hate parts of your club but I also have respect.

Use this as another stepping stone for 2015.

Good luck (well a little bit) in the near future.

I'll be on my way.

Congratulations to the Hawks. They are a teriffic side and I'd willingly donate either testicle for Rouhgy to come to Port. Off the top of my head I think that this was the seventh (?) time we lost by less than 10 points this season. Very disappointed. Omens weren't good when we "Freemantled" the first quater. It's so good to be a team that other sides are looking over their shoulders at, regardless of their lead, again. Not so long ago I'd look at a 6 or 7 goal lead and know it wasn't enough. To use Ken's analogy we are at the bottom of the mountain again and can't presume success next season. I have no doubt that this will be well drilled into the player's psychy in the off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gutted. Couple of beers have helped me process. Proud of the team and the clearly superior rabidness of our fans in the sth stand. Disappointed at what coulda been. Excited about where they can go. Epic game.

firecloud said:
First time poster here, but looong time reader....

Today was both amazing and disappointing. I've mostly lived in Melbourne since 2003 and walking around the city today I saw more Port supporters than I've ever seen in Melbourne before - even more than back in 2004. The walk to the G was great, sitting behind the cheer squad and hearing the noise we were making was great, and having a team that finally plays Port Adelaide football is so exciting. My mum (essendon supporter) even messaged me after the game and said she wanted to start going for Port. So proud of everyone involved in the club! But so disappointed too! We smashed them all over the joint in the first quarter apart from the score board. And boy did I get excited when we started coming in those last 10 minutes! I'm hoping that this loss burns in the boys hearts, and next year we see an even more ferocious Port with at least another big forward, some more muscle on some of our skin and bones boys, and a top 2 finish. Today may be over, but at least we have another Grand Final tomorrow, and a very promising future maturing before our eyes!!!
I was there too what agreat crowd atmosphere before, during and after the game. Proud of our club despite the loss!

firecloud said:
First time poster here, but looong time reader....

Today was both amazing and disappointing. I've mostly lived in Melbourne since 2003 and walking around the city today I saw more Port supporters than I've ever seen in Melbourne before - even more than back in 2004. The walk to the G was great, sitting behind the cheer squad and hearing the noise we were making was great, and having a team that finally plays Port Adelaide football is so exciting. My mum (essendon supporter) even messaged me after the game and said she wanted to start going for Port. So proud of everyone involved in the club! But so disappointed too! We smashed them all over the joint in the first quarter apart from the score board. And boy did I get excited when we started coming in those last 10 minutes! I'm hoping that this loss burns in the boys hearts, and next year we see an even more ferocious Port with at least another big forward, some more muscle on some of our skin and bones boys, and a top 2 finish. Today may be over, but at least we have another Grand Final tomorrow, and a very promising future maturing before our eyes!!!
I was there too what agreat crowd atmosphere before, during and after the game. Proud of our club despite the loss!

Mate I've got a kid losing his eyesight and a mortgage payment due tomorrow. Sometimes we need to remember it's just entertainment, and let it do that.

Sad for sure, but we were there today. What a ride
When Port got with in 4 points I shouted angrily and forgot I had my 14 month little girl beside me. From that point win or lose it didn't matter as much as my little girl matters to me.
Still glad we won of course, but your right life is more important than a game of footy.

Anyone else find it strange that Hombsch played on Roughy? I don't think he did too badly - Roughy just took all of his chances but though they could've moved Trengove/Carlisle across.
Carlile played on Roughead all day. Hombsch just got caught on him as a result of zoning a couple times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back