HDFL PreSeason 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

No Joel didn't appear to be running around during the brief stint that I watched at Atkins St.

On a positive note for the Sainters, I watched the VFL match between Coburg v Northern Blues in which former Heathcote player Lech Featherstone was named BOG with his 3 goals, 18 kicks 6 telling marks and a couple of goal assists. Looks like Phil Cleary has found his new Coburg love interest, and even Rhys-Jones touted him as a future star. Looks like Lecha was slimmed down a tad and bulked up a bit on top. Be interesting to see him run around in a couple of weeks at the QEO against the Gold.

Let's get a bit of chat rolling boys-
Start with a look at this weekend's matches
Colbo and White Hills meet in a real important game for both neither can really afford to lose it look at the ladder. Slightly favour the Hills.
North are likely to cruise to victory over Elmore. 12 goal range I reckon.
LBU should get the points against Mounts their tilt for 4 in a row well and truly on track. 35 points.
Huntly look to be up and running now and should beat Heathcote by 8 goals or so.
Anyone else?

Any Interleague talk? havent heard much at all about the HDFL.

Let's get a bit of chat rolling boys-
Start with a look at this weekend's matches
Colbo and White Hills meet in a real important game for both neither can really afford to lose it look at the ladder. Slightly favour the Hills.
North are likely to cruise to victory over Elmore. 12 goal range I reckon.
LBU should get the points against Mounts their tilt for 4 in a row well and truly on track. 35 points.
Huntly look to be up and running now and should beat Heathcote by 8 goals or so.
Anyone else?

Any Interleague talk? havent heard much at all about the HDFL.

Squad in today's Addy.. No Robbins.. Obviously not available??

Few big results for Club's on the weekend. Colbo were in a must win situation and hung tough to beat White Hills and Huntly held off Heathcote to stay in touch with the 5 as well. Those two wins Mounts got at the start when they got a goal after the siren against Huntly and beat White Hills by 10 points when the Hills kicked 8.17 could prove to be the difference between them playing finals and not.

LBU LEITCHVILLE Looks certainties to play finals NORTH are a very good chance to be there and that leaves MOUNTS WHITE HILLS COLBO & HUNTLY scrapping pretty hard for those last two spots. Interesting Season.

Couple of massive results for the league with North knocking Locky and Mounts getting over Leitchy was a surprise for mine. Sounds like Robbins was up and about.. Season is alive

All I here is that LBU had so many players out and that's the only reason they lost. Are LBU that much better than every other team? or are the next best sides actually getting close to them? Would North Bendigo and LBU both with there full sides be close or is it like LBU reckon they are still that much better?

Would be picked tonight wouldnt it??

Some league's seem to have announced their teams right at the start of the week which is something new. I did see one HDFL Club congrate a player on their facebook page at the start of the week so the Heathcote League have possibly let the players know at the start of the week but not released it too the media.
Seems like Elmore have a new player every week at the moment Retiredtoolong, what would be the theory their do you think given that finals appears off the radar?

Some league's seem to have announced their teams right at the start of the week which is something new. I did see one HDFL Club congrate a player on their facebook page at the start of the week so the Heathcote League have possibly let the players know at the start of the week but not released it too the media.
Seems like Elmore have a new player every week at the moment Retiredtoolong, what would be the theory their do you think given that finals appears off the radar?
Its about getting good people to the club and replacing injured players that wont play again this year also they are looking at next year. I know James Harney made the team but had to pull out with an injury he is spewing Good Luck to the HDFL in Horsham

Thoughts on the Rep side selected tomorrow guys? Really average I reckon with a truckload of topliners not in the line up. If the LV were to play the HD tomorrow with the two sides selected the Loddon Valley would win id reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Heathcote on the win but important to consider the opposition and the MCDFL ran Horsham to 2 kicks where as the LVFL opponent CHFL will continue to climb the rankings and has won 3 years in a row.

Very poor call. Sounds to me like either A, you rate LVFL higher than the HDFL, or B, you don't rate the players selected. Both a laugh in the face...

Congrats to Heathcote on the win but important to consider the opposition and the MCDFL ran Horsham to 2 kicks where as the LVFL opponent CHFL will continue to climb the rankings and has won 3 years in a row.
All you can do is win and it was an away win which makes it even better from what i have seen HDFL would beat the LVFL pretty easily

Very poor call. Sounds to me like either A, you rate LVFL higher than the HDFL, or B, you don't rate the players selected. Both a laugh in the face...

Was suprised at the selection of a few but also the absense of plenty of stars of the Comp. Think the HDFL is a stronger Comp but not that much stronger these days. Retiredtoolong would the Loddon Valley possibly be a better fit for the Elmore Football Club these days?

Was suprised at the selection of a few but also the absense of plenty of stars of the Comp. Think the HDFL is a stronger Comp but not that much stronger these days. Retiredtoolong would the Loddon Valley possibly be a better fit for the Elmore Football Club these days?
Your a comedian Fly we will see every dog has his day...

Just asked a question wasn't being smart. Big inclusion for Pyramid if that one goes through anyone know the story there with Parker?

Troy has played at many many clubs in recent years. Not sure what has occurred to have him leave Leitchy as he has followed Shaddy to a couple of clubs in recent years. He would have a connection to Lincoln Withers at Pyramid Hill tho was the would have played a heap of footy either together or against each other up north.

I wonder what position they have recruited him to play. Pyramid Hill don't really need any more forwards

Troy has played at many many clubs in recent years. Not sure what has occurred to have him leave Leitchy as he has followed Shaddy to a couple of clubs in recent years. He would have a connection to Lincoln Withers at Pyramid Hill tho was the would have played a heap of footy either together or against each other up north.

I wonder what position they have recruited him to play. Pyramid Hill don't really need any more forwards

Who else has he played with Roota? WAFL at one point? They might have got him to play down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back