Roast Herald Sun | Paywall starts here

Remove this Banner Ad

SamFisher25

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2011
Terror Squad Reserves
AFL Club
St Kilda
Little doubt that the small paper has had it in for the saints over the past eighteen months but what has the daily scandal achieved with their rather poorly-timed misguided effort's.. a couple of dick shots and the delisting of andrew lovett?

Enemy number 1 Stephen Milne is now an All Australian, we tied a GF, we now have a new home (something the small-paper bummers are desperately lacking the backing for). and we have 40,000 members.
i'd say that that is saints 4 daily scandal 2.

just my opinion :D

Re: Herald Sun | Stories start here and s**t

Yes, it was great the was Robbo yesterday managed to work in the Collingwood angle - "Saints ready to rob Nathan Buckley of another assistant coach".

Wasn't aware that we had robbed the current assistant coach of one of his, er "assistants" in the past... :p

And then all the talking heads on the TV last night and radio this morning, saying St Kilda is in "crisis" because it has not appointed a coach (yet) to replace the coach (who they thought was signed and had one year to go) that had unexpectedly left (only) last Thursday afternoon and we should have been evaluating candidates for months now and our admin is inept and we get the scraps and etc etc etc.

Idiots...

I agree that a lot of it's shite.

But clearly Robbo's headline is referring to Buckley losing another assistant coach in general.

It's just referring to Buckley maybe losing Watters after already losing Neeld.

If your going to have a dig at the media, at least make it for something worthwhile and not just your misinterpretation of a headline.

We'll be tipped to slide out of the finals next year.

You know, if they keep saying we will, they're going to be right some day...

It's common knowledge that we are amongst the least media friendly clubs in the league.

I hope our football department and off-field staff recognise that and make the most of the opportunity to do something about it.

I've always found Robbo to be one journalist that has always been quite supportive of our club.

It's common knowledge that we are amongst the least media friendly clubs in the league.

I hope our football department and off-field staff recognise that and make the most of the opportunity to do something about it.

I've always found Robbo to be one journalist that has always been quite supportive of our club.

True but it's a two way street.

True but it's a two way street.

Absolutely.

I'm not going to deny that we've received a raw deal in the press either.

We've unwittingly been given a fresh start that most of us did not want but now that we've got it why not make the most of it.

Absolutely.

I'm not going to deny that we've received a raw deal in the press either.

We've unwittingly been given a fresh start that most of us did not want but now that we've got it why not make the most of it.

We've played the situation to our advantage, it's not exactly a "fresh start" persay, there's already been a couple journos running the line that (re press conferences) the scripts were mixed and we should be combative and fuming whilst Freo should be happy and Julia Gillard (moving forward), old habits are extremely hard to break when they produce monetary value.

It gives us an opportunity to deliver positive press, which we have been doing, it's an effort though to keep this positivity up and the fresh start will occur when the larger media catch it as well, it may just start with 1 reporter who gets the exclusive, gets the interview or gets the access and it may snowball from there into others, but right now, it's still very much a siege and you're simply waiting for who runs out of rations first before it breaks. We've taken the first steps, the media by and large need to retreat a similar distance from their combative stations.

the daily bogroll - stories start here and if we dont have a story we make s**t up and just pretend that it's news.

Anger at Saint Sam Fisher's pole dancing

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/an...e-dancing-antics/story-e6frf7jo-1226153537646

Sam Fisher controversially appeared with a pole dancer! :cool:

Fisher was shirtless! :eek:

Several viewers described the dancer as a Kim Duthie lookalike. :rolleyes:

Clearly they just read this thread http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=877158

and like many of the posters in there decided it was the perfect opportunity to have another dig at our club over absolutely nothing. It's all that's happened all year, so what more can you expect.

Have you read the update? St Kilda was not aware of it, and is PISSED. Fisher has something to answer for apparently.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/an...e-dancing-antics/story-e6frf7jo-1226153537646

Wow, I seriously don't understand what the fuss is. Most of the complaints I saw about the revue were about how bland and blase it's become, and the distinct lack of humour involved. Not saying that the St Kilda bit was humorous, but it's no wonder the players are becoming robot like and afraid to show a bit of personality.

And does anyone think that they would have done whatever the footy show told them to do? The entire thing obviously had a team of choreographers working on it, so I find it unlikely that those guys came up with the idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She said none of the players contacted the club to advise them they were part of the player review or alert it to the controversial drinking and sexual scenes.
It's a revue, you ****ing hacks.

Young Saints fan Lexy Preston were among those horrified by the show: "Omg @stkildafc way 2 look pathetic! Sleazy & Tragic - we're meant 2 b getting away from that image!".
Young Saints fan Lexy Preston was among those horrified, you ****ing hacks.

And Dean D'Angelo said the performance as "very inappropriate … half-naked woman, nightclubs and stripper poles".
And Dean D'Angelo said the performance was "very inappropriate ...", you ****ing hacks.

****ing hack story by ****ing hacks lazily trawling Twitter for copy.

File under "digital fish wrapper".

To be honest, it was just a little bit of fun. TFS obviously thought it was good enough to go in their REVUE (not review). If people didn't like it, that's fine, but why the big fuss over it?

The club said the players' involvement in the segment was inappropriate.

"For any club to be involved in that (part of the player review) was questionable,” the spokeswoman said.

So the club didn't want them to be part of the revue in the first place? What if we had done something more tame? Would the club have been happy for them to participate.

Come on, I cringed when I watched that last night. Fisher is STUPID for allowing that to go ahead, it shows a complete lack of understanding that a large number of Saints supporters are wishing that this annus horribillus will end asap.

Have you read the update? St Kilda was not aware of it, and is PISSED. Fisher has something to answer for apparently.

Reading too much into it you are, the club are disappointed they were not informed, they are more "pissed" that blind freddy could surmise the current climate in which St Kilda + skit involving booze & sex = ???

I'll let you fill in the blanks and reference tabloids to find the woman and the pre season applicable. They have no problem whatsoever with the players appearing on said show, they took issue with the fact that the show practically bullshitted and as soon as the slot opened for the segment (other team piking out) they generated media with placing the Saints there, this would be a non issue if they were not in that particular segment.

They will likely get called in to place blame on whoever knew or otherwise bought into the idea, but to simply blame the players as knowing better or taking that route is a fraction of the industry at large, channel 9 and TFS created the avenue for this to happen, so much more blame gets thrown at them for engineering the crap. (provided I haven't watched TFS in about 6 years to know what the crap on the show these days, was watching Marngrook last night.)

But why on earth is anyone surprised that given revue (which I assume to be some manner of stupid pun on review) wouldn't involve the off season? It's not as if the Saints hired the damned pole dancer, came up with the idea and were the only club involved in anything which could be seen as "poor taste" over the journey could it not?

I have half a mind to go out shooting all these #$%^!n horses people are getting on.

St Kilda facebook page just posted the following

The St Kilda Football Club is disappointed with The Footy Show (Nine Network) and its ‘player review’ segment aired last night.

The segment, which involved five St Kilda FC players, was choreographed and scripted by The Footy Show team.

At no point was the Club informed of the nature or content of the segment.

The segment certainly did not represent the values we aspire to at the St Kilda Football Club.

The St Kilda Football Club would like to sincerely apologise for any offence caused.

Honestly, I understand why apologised, but I'm disappointed we did. It's manufactured outrage and offence, it's really no wonder our club doesn't want to get involved with the media when they create rubbish like this.

Revue! It's revue!

Why do we need to apologize for this? It's quite harmless, really. Yeah, it was a little raunchy, but it wasn't as if it was outrageously bad. Just boys being boys, nothing issue, maybe the boys should have told the club but no need to make a big fuss over this. I hope we move on very quickly.

Reading too much into it you are, the club are disappointed they were not informed, they are more "pissed" that blind freddy could surmise the current climate in which St Kilda + skit involving booze & sex = ???

I'll let you fill in the blanks and reference tabloids to find the woman and the pre season applicable. They have no problem whatsoever with the players appearing on said show, they took issue with the fact that the show practically bullshitted and as soon as the slot opened for the segment (other team piking out) they generated media with placing the Saints there, this would be a non issue if they were not in that particular segment.

They will likely get called in to place blame on whoever knew or otherwise bought into the idea, but to simply blame the players as knowing better or taking that route is a fraction of the industry at large, channel 9 and TFS created the avenue for this to happen, so much more blame gets thrown at them for engineering the crap. (provided I haven't watched TFS in about 6 years to know what the crap on the show these days, was watching Marngrook last night.)

But why on earth is anyone surprised that given revue (which I assume to be some manner of stupid pun on review) wouldn't involve the off season? It's not as if the Saints hired the damned pole dancer, came up with the idea and were the only club involved in anything which could be seen as "poor taste" over the journey could it not?

I have half a mind to go out shooting all these #$%^!n horses people are getting on.

I'm not reading anything into it at all. St Kilda has been trying to wipe the huge target off it's backside all year despite the best efforts of Kim Duthie et al to ensure that the Saints stay in the news for the wrong reasons. Then out of the blue, Fisher goes and kicks an own goal against the club by being a party to the schlock of TFS - the skit in itself wasn't much to behold, but taking into account every little thing that has been brought to light, whether right or not, St Kilda want to be another face in the crowd right now, not the one in the middle. Between Lovett, Duthie, Riewoldt and Dal Santo's genitals, the poor first half of St Kilda's season and finally Ross abdicating after pleasantly knifing 3 of the 4 players he announced were "retiring", St Kilda has had more than enough negative ink this year without adding to it with a gesture that could be interpreted as being both disrespectful to women (2010/2011's social catchphrase - don't shoot the messenger!) AND trivialising the issues that St Kilda's PR people have gone to great pains to amend this year. Fisher might as well have taken to the Seaford complex with a can of spray paint and written "KICK ME" in 30 foot high letters.

Why didn't the club ensure it informed itself of the nature and content of the segment its players were scheduled to participate in?

Why is the club reactive rather than proactive?

PR fail.

Increasingly we live in a world where people want the freedom to do whatever they want, yet complain, moan, bitch and bellyache when people do exactly that (harming no-one).

Pretty sad really.

In terms of vulgarity and offence, surely the suns players putting their hands in their pants and making masturbation gestures would be more worthy of the moral outcry than players dancing in a nightclub scene?

Review was fine, reports are a joke

The media just really "love" us :eek:

If the club sanction the players, the are going to receive the biggest spray in history from a fan (me) :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back