Heretier Lumumba racially abused (?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racism= to do with race. Colac is in the same country as Melbourne-did you realize that old thing?

Well, lucky, because I was asking about xenophobia.

And by your reckoning do you think that only white people exist in Colac? There is an Aboriginal population in western Victoria - did you realise that old thing?

nobody needs to convince you, you just have to understand.

Colac is in Victoria. telling someone born in Australia to "**** off back to Colac" is not offensive. telling someone to "**** off back to Brasil" is clearly racist.

Maybe I don't see Brasil as the shithole you do, hence why I'm struggling to see the offense in the comment.

Well, lucky, because I was asking about xenophobia.

And by your reckoning do you think that only white people exist in Colac? There is an Aboriginal population in western Victoria - did you realise that old thing?
Well actually, your thread was asking about racism-have you forgotten what you asked?
The indigenous population in Colac are Australian-did you realize that?

It's racist in my eyes

Telling someone that is telling them they aren't welcome in Australia which he is welcome here.

If an aborginal player was told the same thing .....go back to Northern Territory it would be racist because that's part of his culture

If someone said 'go back to Tasmania' or Adelaide would it be racist? What if a Caucasian told another Caucasian to go bat to the Northern Territory, would that be racist?

If someone said 'go back to Tasmania' or Adelaide would it be racist? What if a Caucasian told another Caucasian to go bat to the Northern Territory, would that be racist?
No it might be offensive, but it wouldn't be racist.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reading about yet another crowd-related "racist incident" like this one brings me to two separate conclusions.

If the absolutely worst thing that happened in this country last night was a single person in a crowd of over fifty thousand yelling out a comment that could be vaguely construed as racist, then Australia must be in pretty darn good shape.

Alternatively, if this incident was deemed important enough to be front page on The Age website then perhaps that says a thing or two about the the corporate news media's desire or ability to report on the big issues affecting most Australians.

Not the Brazilian race-which for the purposes of this slur, is all that matters.

Fail.

If I was all "rah-rah Australia is the greatest rah-rah", by your logic this would be racist, as I'd be clearly elevating myself above those from other countries.

It's about the person being abused

If they feel they have been racially abused or vilified then we have to trust that to a certain degree

I don't think people walk around saying they have ben abused or vilified if there is t some substance to it

People don't do that to attract attention or just make it up .....

It's not up to us or the dim wit abusing to decide wether its racial abuse or just hurtful comments ...

That's probably best way of answering it

reading about yet another crowd-related "racist incident" like this one brings me to two separate conclusions.

If the absolutely worst thing that happened in this country last night was a single person in a crowd of over fifty thousand yelling out a comment that could be vaguely construed as racist, then Australia must be in pretty darn good shape.

Alternatively, if this incident was deemed important enough to be front page on The Age website then perhaps that says a thing or two about the the corporate news media's desire or ability to report on the big issues affecting most Australians.

I se racism every day and it needs to be highlighted of our society is to change

I see police hassling aboriginal kids yet leaving white kids alone

I see shop owners following indigenous kids around in shops ......intimidating them

I have seen when I travelled a shop owner hand change back to a young indigenous boy that was wrong ......he bought an ice cream with twenty bucks and was handed back a few coins.........I was in the Kimberley's at the time .......I jumped in said mate that's the wrong change .....oh oh .....he was red faced ...it wasn't simple mistake either .....and this happened often when I stayed there ....

I have heard much racial abuse at local footy games when I umpired

It's rampant in Australia ....so any highlighting of it is a good thing

Fail.

If I was all "rah-rah Australia is the greatest rah-rah", by your logic this would be racist, as I'd be clearly elevating myself above those from other countries.
Don't know what you are talking about here.
To be fair, I think context matters. If Heretier had just taken a dive, and the Hawk supporter called out 'blah blah...Brazil.' Then that could be a case of mistaken abuse-not meant to be racist, meant to be 'divest.'( Brazil and soccer etc)
And if that is the case I look forward to the 40 odd pages of outrage against Heretier for diving-but nothing so far, so am assuming it wasn't about that. So it's intent was less understandable/acceptable for mine.

I've come to the conclusion that it's more xenophobic than racist. Both unacceptable.

Maybe I don't see Brasil as the shithole you do, hence why I'm struggling to see the offense in the comment.

........................what?

lol

shithole?? who said anything about the quality of the country?

are you just trolling? because this is hardly the subject to be trolling over, pal.

do you not understand why telling someone who was born in Brasil to "* off back to Brasil" is racist? lol. nothing to do with the quality of country.. that doesn't even enter the discussion..

He should've just ****ed off to the VFL. It's all his teammates fault for getting injured.
If his selection wasn't necessary he wouldn't have been exposed to the abuse in the first place.
Seriously though, a comment that says more about the perpetrator's ignorance than anything else. No need for it, and a pretty poor sledge regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back