Heretier Lumumba racially abused (?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You play the 'hero' on every single thread these days. Be it for good or bad. Always first in to have the view that is either politically correct or that everyone will agree with.
You mean I have consistent views about things like racism and homophobia? It's almost like I realise football is only a game and people crossing lines like that is never acceptable over something as insignificant as a game.

I'm shocked. Shocked. You could say I'm shocked to be sitting here.

You mean I have consistent views about things like racism and homophobia? It's almost like I realise football is only a game and people crossing lines like that is never acceptable over something as insignificant as a game.

I'm shocked. Shocked. You could say I'm shocked to be sitting here.

I'm not just talking about racism and homophobia – these sort of threads suck anyway because it's clashing views and no one is going to get anywhere. And for what it's worth I believe the remark is unacceptable and can certainly be seen as racist. It's just that every thread you always seem to be posting the popular view, hunting for 'likes', latching onto memes etc.

I'm not just talking about racism and homophobia – these sort of threads suck anyway because it's clashing views and no one is going to get anywhere. And for what it's worth I believe the remark is unacceptable and can certainly be seen as racist. It's just that every thread you always seem to be posting the popular view, hunting for 'likes', latching onto memes etc.
Playing the popular view and hunting for likes, yet another poster says threads like this are why nobody likes me on this site?

I can do both at the same time!

The fact that the media is now calling that racist is soooo depressing and very sad.

Some people really do need a lesson on what racism is. When you look for racism you can find it everywhere. However in reality only a very small portion of it is racist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my opinion the reality of it is, that you have to be the dumbest of the dumb to yell and swear at a black man to go back to the country he wasn't raised in since he was a toddler, I would take that to have racist undertones every time I heard that. So I don't see why you would defend whoever made this remark, considering at best they were being classless and xenophobic.

If I went up to a Vietnamese person and said "Eff off back to Vietnam" it would be considered racist.
If I went up to a black person and said "Eff off back to Africa" it would be considered racist.

Indeed "eff off back to (insert country here)" is language commonly used by racists. We can only guess whether this supporter is a racist or not based on flimsy evidence; however, if you use linguistic phrases frequently used by racists, prepare to be labelled as one.
So to say * off back to New Zealand for instance would be racist?

It's about the person being abused

If they feel they have been racially abused or vilified then we have to trust that to a certain degree

I don't think people walk around saying they have ben abused or vilified if there is t some substance to it

People don't do that to attract attention or just make it up .....

It's not up to us or the dim wit abusing to decide wether its racial abuse or just hurtful comments ...

That's probably best way of answering it

Yeah, I think that is a good way at looking at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back